Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 567752 times)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #540 on: February 25, 2012, 01:11:11 pm »
I'm more bothered by their removing most of the derped eyes. Instead of her coming across as silly, she just seems clumsy, and now I feel bad for her and am not amused.

The voice is fine, however.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #541 on: February 25, 2012, 01:17:27 pm »
A lot of fans are overreacting at best, It's not like they're not going to derp her eyes for future episodes, one of the animators says that she's fine in that respect. Just when I thought I seen the worse of this shit in other fandoms(Star Wars in particular), this comes along.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:20:05 pm by nickiknack »

Offline e13

• The Beast
« Reply #542 on: February 25, 2012, 01:34:23 pm »
A lot of fans are overreacting at best, It's not like they're not going to derp her eyes for future episodes, one of the animators says that she's fine in that respect. Just when I thought I seen the worse of this shit in other fandoms(Star Wars in particular), this comes along.
I'm perturbed, but I appreciate EQDaily is trying to keep things sane. But the rants... Oh, sweet Celestia, the rants.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #543 on: February 25, 2012, 02:07:14 pm »
/facepalm

They seriously did that?

I mean, the series isn't "ruined forever" by it, but...

Ugh.  Damn whiners can't leave well enough alone :-/

*doesn't blame Hub or Hasbro or any of the staff in any way, shape, or form for this*
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #544 on: February 25, 2012, 03:19:06 pm »
Eh, my only real complaint is the name issue. "Derpy" isn't some word that calls out a specific group of people or anything. I think the voice is fine, and don't even mind if her eyes aren't crossed in every single scene. She's just a clumsy pony that is highly prone to mishaps. I just don't see they felt the need to edit out her name when her name isn't offensive.

Though, I suppose I could also complain that I haven't gotten more fic suggestions... I really won't wanna wade through a mountain of clopfics and garbage to find the ones worth reading...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:20:37 pm by Yaezakura »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #545 on: February 25, 2012, 03:44:00 pm »
I'm mostly irked over the fact Hasbro caved at all, while everypony else was going "We like this portrayal of Derpy, even if Tabitha St. Germaine kinda messed up the voice, but that's okay."

This really is why we can't have nice things... maybe this upcoming episode with Fluttershy will help.  Especially if they get R. Lee Ermey to do Iron Will's voice.  Or, failing that, The Rock.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #546 on: February 25, 2012, 08:03:00 pm »
I just don't understand what went wrong ...with Derpy's original portrayal.
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #547 on: February 25, 2012, 08:31:13 pm »
I'm mostly irked over the fact Hasbro caved at all, while everypony else was going "We like this portrayal of Derpy, even if Tabitha St. Germaine kinda messed up the voice, but that's okay."

This really is why we can't have nice things... maybe this upcoming episode with Fluttershy will help.  Especially if they get R. Lee Ermey to do Iron Will's voice.  Or, failing that, The Rock.

Dude, spoilers!  I mean, I've read the synopsis at this point thanks to My Little Brony and their lack of spoilers on the stream of pictures.  Still, you could use spoiler tags.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #548 on: February 25, 2012, 09:41:32 pm »

Dude, spoilers!  I mean, I've read the synopsis at this point thanks to My Little Brony and their lack of spoilers on the stream of pictures.  Still, you could use spoiler tags.

Er, what spoilers? That's just the fandom's personal desire, that's all. O.o
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #549 on: February 25, 2012, 09:46:13 pm »
Just Saw H&H.

And now I know it was possible for a love potion to have been responsible for the reign of Discord.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #550 on: February 25, 2012, 09:47:49 pm »

Spoilers on the upcoming episode synopsis, I suppose.
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline e13

• The Beast
« Reply #551 on: February 25, 2012, 11:29:57 pm »

Spoilers on the upcoming episode synopsis, I suppose.

Spoilers!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #552 on: February 26, 2012, 12:44:05 am »
I keep forgetting not everypony frequents EqD (or in my case, has it as their home page).  We hear about upcoming episodes... usually two, three weeks in advance.  We have another Fluttershy episode coming up, a Spike-centric episode (with world-building!) ... Hasbro loves us.

Formerly Priestling

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #553 on: February 26, 2012, 12:50:15 am »
I don't really spend a lot of time on the site, mostly because the format makes navigating it rather painful. They really should work on that.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #554 on: February 26, 2012, 01:00:26 am »
We don't have any choice, Yae.  That's Blogger's formatting, and the best we can do.

Formerly Priestling