Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 750326 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #2100 on: February 10, 2014, 09:39:36 am »
^^ My friend's video was hilarious. One of his most liked posts was about cat pee. It goes so well with that heart-warming music.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #2101 on: February 10, 2014, 06:54:40 pm »
Weird thing. I had the urge to replay Knights of the Old Republic. While digging out my copy of it, I also happened across its sequel. Strangely enough, the original comes on a single DVD, as you'd expect for a copy manufactured in 2008, but the sequel, whose copy was also made at around the same time, for some strange reason is on four separate CDs. Really, who the fuck releases games on CDs of all things in 2008!? What next, Grand Theft Auto V on a couple of hundred thousand cassette tapes?
I distinctly remember that for me, both the first and the second KotOR were on a set of multiple CDs. Seems like there were both options, DVD drives were common but not universal at the time. You just happened to somehow end up with CDs for II.

KotOR II is one of my favourite games; I've played it like twelve times. I frustrated me cause I got stuck on Manaan.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2102 on: February 10, 2014, 08:02:50 pm »
I distinctly remember that for me, both the first and the second KotOR were on a set of multiple CDs. Seems like there were both options, DVD drives were common but not universal at the time. You just happened to somehow end up with CDs for II.
Sure, when the games were released (2003 and 2004 respectively, if I recall correctly), so it would make sense for a release date copy. But the CD copy I have was manufactured in 2008. By then, DVD drives were pretty universal, or at the very least, external drives were sufficiently cheap for it to be a non-issue.
KotOR II is one of my favourite games; I've played it like twelve times. I frustrated me cause I got stuck on Manaan.
II is great, it's just a massive shame that LucasArts not only rushed it out in a horribly unfinished state, but also refused to let Obsidian finish it and release it as an expansion. Ah well, I wonder how the restoration mod is coming along, these days?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2103 on: February 10, 2014, 09:07:27 pm »
I miss Madam Scarlet

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #2104 on: February 11, 2014, 04:11:34 pm »
^^ My friend's video was hilarious. One of his most liked posts was about cat pee. It goes so well with that heart-warming music.

"If you aren’t seeing A Look Back movie when you visit facebook.com/lookback, it may be because you have not shared very many things on Facebook. Depending on how long you’ve been on Facebook and how much you’ve shared, you’ll see a movie, a collection of photos or a thank you card.

You're reading the Desktop Help answer."

I joined Facebook for 7.5 years and all I got was this lousy explanation.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2105 on: February 14, 2014, 09:59:32 pm »
Where we would
have Liz go to the mall
that is Tanos all the niche of God to fall
off goes and call and
see again the Lee
Spin mean Rall can
and run my eyes
This call be had up gay
when Ben is her mad Ballwood
stop tool – happy
(click to show/hide)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2106 on: February 15, 2014, 12:39:42 am »
I AM HAD UP GAY WITH YOU
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #2107 on: February 15, 2014, 12:46:31 am »
The moon looks all day 10 go mean and moves a 10 and don't mean and Kulume songs tea is good for me is and I had no is Saul did or or or or or add old man queen tonight I attend Holmdel home mom and 80 and woo hoo hello Pat are moon chance and he is call bed is Ms. Hall man
Long Live The Queen.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2108 on: February 15, 2014, 02:36:44 pm »
I'm doing homework. On a Saturday.

I know, I'm scared too.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2109 on: February 16, 2014, 06:56:56 pm »
http://clcero.tumblr.com/post/72655114290/i-dont-even-have-guilty-pleasures-anymore-i-just

i dont even have guilty pleasures anymore i just like stuff and if people have a problem with that they can go fuck themselves

Basically. Except I still dislike, even hate several things, simply because it's impossible to like everything and that's a fact.

One person who reblogged this had a username "wincest-in-the-tardis". That says everything about most of the people who reblogged this and the fact that most fans of Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, etc. are passive-aggressive as shit.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2110 on: February 17, 2014, 02:43:00 am »
So you know one thing that impresses me about sexism?  Sexist mindsets and comments tend to, more often than not, be insulting to both men and women at the same time.  It's really one hell of a "feat" if you think about it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:47:15 am by Captain Jack Harkness »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2111 on: February 18, 2014, 02:23:26 pm »
An old friend of mine just posted about his engagement on Facebook.  This is cool, except he was gay, and his fiancee is a woman.

I may have missed something at some point.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #2112 on: February 18, 2014, 07:24:35 pm »
I AM HAD UP GAY WITH YOU
I TOO AM HAD UP GAY WITH YOU CHIT

NOT SURE POLICE ARRESTED HIM FOR INCITING HORSE TARAYA
Long Live The Queen.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2113 on: February 18, 2014, 09:24:22 pm »
Nobody's HAD UP GAY with me... ;_;

... Uh... is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #2114 on: February 22, 2014, 04:55:59 pm »
Nobody's HAD UP GAY with me... ;_;

... Uh... is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Depends on how gay you are, I'd have thought.

Anyway, to answer all those questions I got on page 140, in order:

- Final Fantasy XVII x XMMCC is the latest installment. It's OK, but VII is still held up as the best installment.
- The Zelda franchise died after Legend of Zelda: The Pantsing of Ganon bombed in 2044.
- They redesigned the Sonic characters, but now they're just lightly coloured blurs, and it's very confusing. The designers pointed to the Flash from Kingdom Come as inspiration, but that book hasn't been in print in a googol years, so no-one gets the reference.
- Mass Effect 3 has had 1,983,099 attempts at fixing the ending. It is still unsatisfying to most people. The 194th attempt almost had complete critical acclaim, but one very loud, influential reviewer insisted that the very first, original ending was fine and it should never have changed, so attempt 195 turned up to placate the tiniest subsection of fanboys (it didn't). After attempt no. 11,999, all subsequent rewrites have been so extensive that they have at least changed every single aspect from the very start of the first Mass Effect, in effect causing a total reboot. The most recent attempt stretches the franchise back to Mass Effect -17. ME -17 consists of nothing but footage of Bart Simpson upending a saucepan full of custard onto his head and then banging it with a wooden spoon whilst he runs round in circles for fifteen hours straight, with no save points. You'd be surprised how well this pays off later in the series, but by ME3 all that goodwill is pretty much spent.
- No. Never.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.