Author Topic: Justin Bieber Defiles Anne Frank House  (Read 17735 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: Justin Bieber Defiles Anne Frank House
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2013, 07:19:39 pm »
Yeah, Radcliffe performed in Equus, and told the parents bitching at him because "he's Harry Potter to the kids" something along the lines of "I am a legal adult.  I am an actor.  I will live my life and take the roles I desire BECAUSE I AM AN ADULT."
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2013, 07:21:46 pm »
Can you imagine an American celebrity doing something like that for a play or movie?

I can't.  They'd all refuse it for fear of their reputation.

We've had a few American actors appear nude on the West End stage, mostly female ones in productions of The Graduate.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2013, 07:27:11 pm »
Can you imagine an American celebrity doing something like that for a play or movie?

We've had a few American actors appear nude on the West End stage, mostly female ones in productions of The Graduate.

Were they celebrities though?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2013, 07:33:37 pm »
There was that time Radcliffe road a horse naked. That was pretty weird...

(click to show/hide)

Equus itself is a messed up story.  But it's funny Daniel Radcliffe should be mentioned, because in an interview he did with J.K. Rowling, he said he felt a major difference between the British and US production teams was that British production teams treated child actors as children first and celebrities second, whereas US production teams treated child actors as celebrities first and children second.  This was only his personal observation, so I don't know how accurate it is. 

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2013, 07:46:07 pm »

Were they celebrities though?

Kathleen Turner, Lorraine Bracco, Jerry Hall, Amanda Donohoe, Morgan Fairchild, Anne Archer, Vera Fischer and Linda Gray have all done it, as has Joan Collins.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2013, 08:26:07 pm »
Justin Bieber is more self centered and egotistical than fucking Qilby.

And at least that guy had something of an excuse for it!

Seriously, this kid is completely self centered and out of control.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2013, 08:29:39 pm »
I remember reading that the lead in Equus is a role that basically no actor in his right mind turns down if it's offered.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2013, 08:41:23 pm »
She said she would literally die for Beiber

Where do they find these people?!

I hope that girl's a hoax or troll.

My cousin's 13 year old threatened to kill herself because my cousin couldn't afford to take her to Justin Bieber's concert.

Also, Justin is having the most hilarious downward spiral ever.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2013, 08:42:43 pm »
I love how this thread has been derailed into actors/actresses that have appeared nude in plays... ;D
That being said:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:48:15 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2013, 09:20:35 pm »
I remember reading that the lead in Equus is a role that basically no actor in his right mind turns down if it's offered.

Pretty much. The role of Alan Strang is notoriously difficult to perform well. Fear of nudity can be overcome by anyone, but actually acting is what takes the toll. Doing a good job as Strang, especially in a major professional production (and ESPECIALLY on Broadway), is a sign of your skills as an actor and opens a lot of doors for you. Even being accepted for the role after your audition lets everyone know that you've got serious chops.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2013, 09:43:45 pm »
I've always held that, when the time comes, the next Doctor should be Daniel Radcliffe.  He would make a fucking incredible Doctor.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2013, 10:08:17 pm »
Just to compare...

Daniel Radcliffe of Harry Potter fame, as well as all of his child coworkers, were expected to continue their schooling and were treated as having actual responsibilities.  It was treated like an adult job.  They weren't babied.

Radcliffe, when he became an adult, and had an incident where he was starting the self destructive spiral, drinking and stuff like that.  His coworkers didn't candy their opinion on him doing this.  You know what he did?

He got his act together, he gave them an apology for acting like a douchenozzle, and he continued with his job.

Emma Watson?  She's rich enough that she won't have to work a day in her life, and she still went to college after finishing the movies so that she could still pursue a career.

None of them are riding their fame -- at least not intentionally.  Not in the way Bieber does at the very least.  Daniel Radcliffe moved on to other movies instead of staying Harry Potter forever.

And he also appeared in an episode of Extras where he played as an arrogant version of himself.  So did Orlando Bloom, now that I think about it.

Rupert Grint bought an ice cream truck and hands out free ice cream to kids.

...What?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2013, 10:55:35 pm »
I do think that's one of the more awesome uses of his money.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2013, 10:57:19 pm »
He clearly wasn't trying to be offensive. People are way too easily offended.
Whether or not he was trying to be offensive is irrelevant. The point is that when you visit certain places--memorials to war dead or sites connected to the Holocaust--you need to be on your best goddamn behavior and show at least a modicum of respect. That means you carry yourself in a dignified manner and refrain from acting like a childish douchenozzle who thinks everything is about you, which is what Bieber did.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2013, 10:57:43 pm »
I've always held that, when the time comes, the next Doctor should be Daniel Radcliffe.  He would make a fucking incredible Doctor.

Too young.  Now, Pierce Brosnan..... 8)