Author Topic: American Football  (Read 12950 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Re: American Football
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 10:06:27 pm »
I am a life-long Steelers fan. Where I grew up, the closest city with pro sports teams was Pittsburgh, so the local papers covered those teams. (BTW, "closest" does not mean "close." Pittsburgh is about 4-5 hours from where I lived.) I have a Terrible Towel and wave it every time I watch the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

depending on how old you are I'm sure that towel is lonely.

Huh?

The Steelers won the Super Bowl in 2006 and 2009, and played but lost in 2011. Granted, before that, their last trip was 1996, but 3 times in 6 years isn't bad.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 12:03:25 am »
As I said, depending on how old you are. Might have a better use waving it outside of super bowls too, y'know? I never understood the towel thing myself. Even living next to a huge Steelers fan.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline malendras

• Neonate
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 10:57:54 pm »
Super Bowl 42 rematch. Wow. This is gonna be a fun 2 weeks.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 11:02:05 pm »
Definitely going to be watching the Super Bowl this year.

a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 11:29:39 pm »
Well, I know Jake Ballard and I'm glad he got to go to the Super Bowl. I'm just upset he had to do it at the expense of MY 49ers. >=[

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 05:03:14 am »
I've been watching the Vikings be systematically dismantled over the past few years in preparation for being shipped off to LA. Not fun.  :(

Perhaps because of that I spend more time following NCAA these days.

Offline calee022

• Rebel Without a Point
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 02:21:41 pm »
While I hope that my Patriots win, I will not know true satisfaction until they meet (and beat) the Giants in a Superbowl after they have had an up until then perfect season.

Yes. I am bitter.
"I have an important message to deliver to all the cute people all over the world. If you're out there and you're cute, maybe you're beautiful. I just want to tell you somethin' — there's more of us UGLY MOTHERFUCKERS than you, hey-y, so watch out."  - FZ

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 09:26:58 am »
I'm a Green Bay fan myself.  But since they didn't make it, I rooted for the Patriots.  And, even though the score was close in the end, Tom Brady really, really, screwed up.  He played like a high school kid who's never been to a Super Bowl before.  It was really sad.  But I'm finding it harder and harder to root for any one team in the NFL.  But my college team did win the BSC championship.  Roll Tide!

And I just have to add, that I absolutely hate the Colts.  But I have different reasons than football for doing so.
All things are no-thing.