Author Topic: I am confused by something.  (Read 11638 times)

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
Re: I am confused by something.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 02:39:28 pm »
It would help if you either linked the game or just posted the full system requirements.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline Mantorok

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 06:45:21 pm »
Wait, if I have 4 GB of memory, then why won't the game's free demo run?  Is it something weird to do with dual-core processors or something?
Well, there's no guarantee that memory is the sole issue here. There might be some other incompatibility.
Anyway, according to your earlier post Windows detects 2GB, but HP list it as having 4GB. I'd say this is to do with your graphics chipset. A lot of laptops used a shared memory configuration, which means a fraction of your system RAM is allocated to the graphics chipset. There's usually a setting that allows you to change how much memory is allocated to graphics, but HP haven't documented any of the options in their setup utility, so I can't tell you what you need to do to change it.

I was able to find the model number for future reference though: g7-1017cl.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 06:57:38 pm »
CanIRunIt.com is a good place to look when it comes to figuring out if your computer can run a game.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 11:23:35 pm »
Wait, if I have 4 GB of memory, then why won't the game's free demo run?  Is it something weird to do with dual-core processors or something?
Well, there's no guarantee that memory is the sole issue here. There might be some other incompatibility.
Anyway, according to your earlier post Windows detects 2GB, but HP list it as having 4GB. I'd say this is to do with your graphics chipset. A lot of laptops used a shared memory configuration, which means a fraction of your system RAM is allocated to the graphics chipset. There's usually a setting that allows you to change how much memory is allocated to graphics, but HP haven't documented any of the options in their setup utility, so I can't tell you what you need to do to change it.

I was able to find the model number for future reference though: g7-1017cl.

No, my earlier post was me remembering it wrong.  I thought I had 2 1-GB cores for some stupid reason.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71340/ Here's the game.  Is the demo just fucked up, or is my computer the problem?
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 11:10:31 pm »
EDIT: Went to CanIRunIt.com and...I cannot run it.

CPU
Minimum: Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 (2x2.0GHz) or AMD equivalent
You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) II P360 Dual-Core Processor
      Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your CPU does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations.

CPU Speed
Minimum: Info
You Have: 2.3 GHz

Bios Name
Minimum: Info
You Have:
Name:    Default System BIOS
Version:    Hewlett-Packard F.33
      Click here for the latest BIOS updates.

RAM
Minimum: 2 GB RAM (XP)/3 GB RAM (Windows 7 / Vista)
You Have: 4.0 GB
      PASS

OS
Minimum: Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
      PASS Click here for the latest Windows drivers.

Video Card
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 (512MB) / ATI Radeon HD 2900 (512MB)
You Have: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
      Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations. Click here for the latest Video drivers.
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
      Required    You Have
   Video RAM    512 MB    1.9 GB
   Pixel Shader version    3.0    4.1
   Vertex Shader version    3.0    4.1

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: CyberLink WebCam Virtual Driver
      PASS Click here for the latest Sound Card drivers.

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 11 GB
You Have: 341.5 GB
      PASS
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:25:49 pm by TheL »
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 11:25:15 pm »
Based on the game page your graphics card should do as far as I can tell since it seems to (barely) fulfill the minimum requirements for the game.