Author Topic: On the future of the forums  (Read 84239 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: On the future of the forums
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2013, 09:01:37 am »
Yeah, fun fact, wasn't exactly being serious, so there is really no need to have something crawl up your ass a die over it...

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2013, 09:04:04 am »
I am so confused.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2013, 10:56:31 am »
So many good suggestions but I like Frequently Questioned Answers the best so far.

I've lurked and occassionally posted in this community through, what is it? 4 incarnations now?

I will be with the new forum where ever it goes.

I can't help it, even with the drama and craziness, I love you guys.  :D
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline BrandonL337

• Tyrannical Pervert Judge (MWAHAHAHA)
  • Apprentice
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2013, 12:40:41 pm »
Well, this sucks.  Really wish we didn't have to move, but if we do, I suppose frequently questioned answers get's my vote.

I don't know if it's still up, but would it be possible to return to the refugee board? It's where I joined up, and there's a certain poetry to going back to it.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2013, 01:23:51 pm »
On the subject of traffic, we could create a site specializing in reporting and commentating on political, religious, psuedoscience, woo, and science news. We could also have a podcast about the same stuff.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2013, 01:26:06 pm »
So many good suggestions but I like Frequently Questioned Answers the best so far.

I've lurked and occassionally posted in this community through, what is it? 4 incarnations now?

I will be with the new forum where ever it goes.

I can't help it, even with the drama and craziness, I love you guys.  :D

Incarnation 1: The Divine Comedy  Admin: WinAce
Incarnation 2: FSTDT forums AKA "The Pink Boards" Admin: Yahweh
Incarnation 3: FSTDT Regugee camp  Admin: Distind
Incarnation 4: FSTDT Forums "SMF incarnation" Admin: Distind/Sigmaleph

And thanks for stealing the words off my keyboard, Jodie.  I'll still be around.

Unless the admin/mod staff decide it's time for me to go.
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2013, 02:52:22 pm »
Well, how 'bout everyone start thinking of what we can do and put some ideas forward. I've not got anything at the moment but I'll think about it tonight and hopefully have something by tomorrow.

The fstdt main page has a "Friends of fstdt" section.  Perhaps we could contact those sites and see if we could get the new forums listed on a similar section there?

I think it would also be good to see if Distend will list Frequently Questioned Answers (or whatever) as a friend of fstdt.  It would allow us to continue to gain some flow from the main page, even though we wouldn't have the fstdt endorsement.  It would also honor the decade(?) long relationship between the two sites.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline OmniLiquid

• Neonate
  • Already lurked moar.
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2013, 03:37:56 pm »
My vote goes to FQA as well. Also, I like MadCatTLX's idea for traffic generation. Whatever happens, though, I'll continue lurking at the very least.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2013, 04:44:38 pm »
Frequently Questioned Answers could pertain to our content as readily as that of our targets.  A title with "Shit" in it is hardly sophisticated, and indicates a certain lack of maturity.  A number of other suggestions smack of inside jokes, amusing to us and meaningless to the casual searcher.

Let's be brief and provocative.   Drool Fighters

* It clearly indicates an attitude.
* It will elicit curiosity, which could translate into visits.
* It's open-ended in the sense that we can include drooler quotes from any area of human endeavor, not just religion.
* It will compel adversaries who refer to us to associate themselves with the word "drool."
* My royalties would be modest; as an alternative the board can chip in and send me a turkey every Thanksgiving Day.

Vote Drool Fighters!  It Will Make An Old Man Happy!

I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2013, 04:47:10 pm »
Frequently Questioned Answers could pertain to our content as readily as that of our targets.  A title with "Shit" in it is hardly sophisticated, and indicates a certain lack of maturity.  A number of other suggestions smack of inside jokes, amusing to us and meaningless to the casual searcher.

Let's be brief and provocative.   Drool Fighters

* It clearly indicates an attitude.
* It will elicit curiosity, which could translate into visits.
* It's open-ended in the sense that we can include drooler quotes from any area of human endeavor, not just religion.
* It will compel adversaries who refer to us to associate themselves with the word "drool."
* My royalties would be modest; as an alternative the board can chip in and send me a turkey every Thanksgiving Day.

Vote Drool Fighters!  It Will Make An Old Man Happy!

This was his 1,000th post and forum rules dictate that if a senior citizen forumite makes a wish on his/her 1,000th post, it must be honored.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2013, 04:49:08 pm »
No they don't.  I don't care how good your ass looks in tight jeans either.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2013, 06:19:25 pm »
for what it's worth about traffic, I do mention this place regularly to my friends...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2013, 09:54:55 pm »
Changed my vote to Frequently Questioned Answers. At first I didn't like it, & thought it was too wordy, but reading the context made me change my opinion. It still had a wordiness problem, but eh.

And for Lithp: Why would it be a bad thing that the name is broad?

...Why don't we just call it "A Message Board," by that logic?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2013, 09:56:03 pm »
Changed my vote to Frequently Questioned Answers. At first I didn't like it, & thought it was too wordy, but reading the context made me change my opinion. It still had a wordiness problem, but eh.

Is it strange that I like that one, for no other reason than it'd be the perfect smart-ass board name?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2013, 09:57:33 pm »

Is it strange that I like that one, for no other reason than it'd be the perfect smart-ass board name?
Yeah, and it could have a tagline like "Where People Talk About Things"

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!