Author Topic: Disney acquires Lucasfilm  (Read 11686 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2012, 11:11:43 pm »
I will just leave this here...

http://www.cracked.com/article/167_5-reasons-star-wars-sequels-would-be-worse-than-prequels/
I'll say that the post-Empire galaxy does have some potential for a good story in it. The story of the rebels trying to reconcile their alliance with royalty and democratic ideals, as well as fill the huge fuckoff power vacuum left by the Empire and maintain control does have some promise. Of course, it's Star Wars, so it's almost guaranteed the plot will be a generic "good guys defeat bad guys with space ships and lightsabers". Still, Obsidian did manage to create an original and well written story with the franchise (even if Lucasarts did fuck it up a little), so it's at least possible.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2012, 12:19:26 am »
For anyone wondering what this buyout means for Lucasarts. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/10/what-does-the-disney-buyout-mean-for-lucasarts-gaming-catalog/

You know, I'm somewhat concerned what the fate of the comics will be, given that for the time being Dark Horse is the company that brings us them, and since Disney also owns Marvel,are they going to start bringing us them?? And if so, are the same artists who draw them now going to continue to do so, I personally love both Ostrander's and Blackman's work. Are the series that currently in production going to continue, because I'm loving the attention they've been giving the 19 years in between ROTS and ANH have been getting with series such as Dark Times, Agent Of The Empire(Jahan Cross is a major HOTTIE!!), and the various series where they've been focusing on Vader. Plus, I have a wish list of series I would like to see*cough* Palpatine's Sith training *cough* maybe??