Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1676245 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4245 on: January 16, 2014, 02:56:33 pm »
From The Blaze website, so not surprising. And it's a reiteration of a very old slur joke against Asians...
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #4246 on: January 16, 2014, 03:37:18 pm »
It doesn't even make sense as a joke about someone who's not asian. Racism fail.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #4247 on: January 16, 2014, 08:28:29 pm »

I think someone is overlooking the effectiveness of this weapon (i.e. why haven't we heard about this weapon in the first place until now?).
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4248 on: January 16, 2014, 09:47:44 pm »

I think someone is overlooking the effectiveness of this weapon (i.e. why haven't we heard about this weapon in the first place until now?).
Actually, the Puckle Gun itself was pretty good by the standards of its time.  The problem with it, oddly enough, was bigotry.  You see, it had certain barrels that fired square bullets, to be used against non-Christians.  This detail was what made it a failure.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:11:49 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #4249 on: January 16, 2014, 09:52:13 pm »
....I don't get it. Why square bullets specifically?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4250 on: January 16, 2014, 10:01:50 pm »

Maybe they thought squares were non-Christian kryptonite like Muslims & bacon, I dunno. Sure as heck wouldn't be aerodynamic, that's for sure (unless they were square around the barrel rather than cubes).

Yeah, that's not racist at all.

Probably saying Obama's such a bozo that he mistook "walk" the dog for "wok" the dog. Probably still ethnically bigoted, though ('Dog-eating Asians' meets 'Weird African Primitives').
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:05:19 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4251 on: January 16, 2014, 10:05:54 pm »
Because they thought it would hurt more.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #4252 on: January 16, 2014, 10:06:52 pm »

Just from a quick glance at Wikipedia, as my knowledge of pre-Industrial Revolution firearms is quite limited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun#Two_versions
Puckle demonstrated two versions of the basic design: one, intended for use against Christian enemies, fired conventional round bullets, while the second variant, designed to be used against the Muslim Turks, fired square bullets. The square bullets were considered to be more damaging. They would, according to the patent, convince the Turks of the "benefits of Christian civilization."

"Convert or we'll blow a slightly larger, more ragged hole in your chest."

Interesting side-note, I'd heard of the US Army experimenting with square shot loads for shotguns back during Vietnam with the logic being that they would more effectively cut through foliage but I'm fairly sure they abandoned the concept. I think it was because square shot didn't have proper spread, but don't quote me on that.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:09:45 pm by Damen »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4253 on: January 16, 2014, 10:13:13 pm »

Maybe they thought squares were non-Christian kryptonite like Muslims & bacon, I dunno. Sure as heck wouldn't be aerodynamic, that's for sure (unless they were square around the barrel rather than cubes).

Yeah, that's not racist at all.

Probably saying Obama's such a bozo that he mistook "walk" the dog for "wok" the dog. Probably still ethnically bigoted, though ('Dog-eating Asians' meets 'Weird African Primitives').

Obama mentioned he once ate dog meat when he was at school in Indonesia.  Of course, the right wing interpreted this to mean that now he has an uncontrollable desire to eat YOUR POOCH!!1

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4254 on: January 16, 2014, 11:45:57 pm »

Just from a quick glance at Wikipedia, as my knowledge of pre-Industrial Revolution firearms is quite limited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun#Two_versions
Puckle demonstrated two versions of the basic design: one, intended for use against Christian enemies, fired conventional round bullets, while the second variant, designed to be used against the Muslim Turks, fired square bullets. The square bullets were considered to be more damaging. They would, according to the patent, convince the Turks of the "benefits of Christian civilization."

"Convert or we'll blow a slightly larger, more ragged hole in your chest."

Interesting side-note, I'd heard of the US Army experimenting with square shot loads for shotguns back during Vietnam with the logic being that they would more effectively cut through foliage but I'm fairly sure they abandoned the concept. I think it was because square shot didn't have proper spread, but don't quote me on that.

Was the shell and barrel also square or was it a square round inside a normal shotgun shell? This reminds me of the dude on youtube who shoots all kinds of weird shit out of his shotgun, usually from suggestion on previous video comments.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1xZ8-XTlrw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1xZ8-XTlrw</a>

I'm not sure if the gummy bears surviving the firing relatively intact is a good thing or bad thing.

Other "innovations" from the Vietnam war include an under barrel attachment for the M16 designed to "sniff out" the odor of human urine and thereby find the enemies. How that worked and why anyone approved the project I have no idea. I think the rocket bullet gun and the triangle cased round came from that era as well. Still not nearly as odd as the iceberg aircraft carrier, pigeon guided cruise missile, or bat bomb that came out of the US during WWII. The only reason the bat bomb didn't see action was because they finished the nuclear bomb before the bat bomb was ready.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4255 on: January 17, 2014, 12:44:51 am »
In all honesty, military development is less careful research and brilliant incites than it is throw the wackiest shit you can think of out there and see what works.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4256 on: January 17, 2014, 12:53:53 am »
In all honesty, military development is less careful research and brilliant incites than it is throw the wackiest shit you can think of out there and see what works.
That's certainly true sometimes.  Look at all the shit DARPA comes up with.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4257 on: January 17, 2014, 01:07:34 am »
And it's not new. look up the Helepolis.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4258 on: January 17, 2014, 01:08:41 am »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4259 on: January 17, 2014, 07:41:48 am »
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!