Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1674307 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5670 on: May 06, 2015, 03:22:56 pm »
How many birds are actually killed by wind turbines?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5671 on: May 06, 2015, 04:42:05 pm »
How many birds are actually killed by wind turbines?

I wouldn't think it's that many. It's strange that the people complaining about birds dying never give a shit about nature otherwise.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #5672 on: May 06, 2015, 05:05:37 pm »
I think they're trying make some sort of hypocritical point. Like saying you care about nature so much yet you don't care about birds being killed by wind turbines.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5673 on: May 06, 2015, 08:11:36 pm »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5674 on: May 07, 2015, 12:16:46 pm »
Wind turbines kill around 300,000 birds annually, house cats around 3,000,000,000

http://www.treehugger.com/renewable-energy/north-america-wind-turbines-kill-around-300000-birds-annually-house-cats-around-3000000000.html

No offense, but that's a small wildcat, not a house cat.....
http://bigcatswildcats.com/pallas-cat/
.....but it IS acat & I'm sure it's nommed on plenty of birds.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #5675 on: May 07, 2015, 03:07:40 pm »
Actually, that Europe conquered the world makes a kind of twisted sense.  Yeah, they were at constant war with eachother, but war doesn't lead to technological stagnation, it does the exact opposite.  Because of the constant fighting, each state had to do everything in its power to stay one step ahead of its rivals and that means more soldiers, better armour, and better weapons.  Warfare breeds better weapons like an open wound breeds bacteria.

Lots of money doesn't necessarily breed lots of good weapons or lots of good soldiers.  It might lead to scientific gains, but scientific gains don't always directly translate to an increase in military power.  If I remember my pre-modern world history correctly, the Asian countries were, mostly, far too insular and xenophobic to bother conquering other areas, instead focusing their efforts largely on the home front, as well as importing and exporting goods.  While everyone else was busy building stable, wealthy empires, Europe was building armies of well-trained, battle-hardened soldiers with the full brunt of several generations' worth of war tech development at their disposal.  When you look for conquerors, you look for warriors.

Because pre-columbian america, sub-saharan africa and southeast asia were just these wonderful peaceable places where everyone got along in perfect harmony before the evil europeans ruined it.

They totally didn't have entire periods of centuries where local powers were pwning the living shit out of each other for centuries at a time.  The chinese invented gunpowder just for the pretty fireworks, obviously.

The idea that war breeds technological advancement is a good one, but it sounds here like you're trying to claim that europeans were technologically more advanced than their competitors on other continents because OMG MOAR WAR.

Which is bull, if you look at how every other society on the planet at the time was functioning (lol aztecs)

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5676 on: May 07, 2015, 03:38:56 pm »
Protip, newbie: don't quote posts that are damn near four months old.  It makes you look like a moron.  Which you are, considering your reading comprehension could only be more abysmal if you were literally illiterate.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5677 on: May 07, 2015, 04:09:50 pm »
Oh he's not a newbie.  He's an asshole.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5678 on: May 07, 2015, 04:21:37 pm »
*Snip*

Wut?

I knew there was more to this!
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5679 on: May 07, 2015, 04:59:40 pm »

Meh, I prefer to go by postcount as opposed to join date.  Actual interaction with the community matters more to me than how long you've been here.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5680 on: May 08, 2015, 08:28:57 am »

Meh, I prefer to go by postcount as opposed to join date.  Actual interaction with the community matters more to me than how long you've been here.

speaking for all board lurkers, ouch. i read damn near every thread, yet don't post all that often, am i still a newbie? (i'm with ironbite on this too, thecontrarian is aptly named)
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5681 on: May 08, 2015, 08:30:26 am »
Nah, newbie cutoff is around...100 posts, for me.  At that point, you've contributed enough to know relatively well how to interact with people here.

Also, I think he'd be better-named if he were called The Dickbag, but that's just me.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5682 on: May 08, 2015, 10:04:03 am »
Wind turbines kill around 300,000 birds annually, house cats around 3,000,000,000

http://www.treehugger.com/renewable-energy/north-america-wind-turbines-kill-around-300000-birds-annually-house-cats-around-3000000000.html

No offense taken, as it was treehugger.com who chose that photo for comedic effect, not me.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5683 on: May 08, 2015, 02:06:50 pm »

No offense taken, as it was treehugger.com who chose that photo for comedic effect, not me.

Oops. Sorry.

It's cute, though.  ;D

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #5684 on: May 08, 2015, 02:21:37 pm »

Clearly the solution is to kill all cats.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!