Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 117976 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #285 on: July 13, 2013, 05:07:45 am »
I had a dream where I was sitting on a bench at a concert, and suddenly Marilyn Manson wandered up to me and sat down and we started talking. In the dream, for some reason, he was married to my friend's ex, and she was being a bitch towards him, and he was depressed. We talked and he cuddled up to me for a while before wandering off. Then I went to the bathroom and shit randomly went Doom 3 on me. The lights were dim and flickering, water was covering the floor, a crazy person was muttering to himself and pissing himself and my shoes were gone. I walked out of the piss and toilet water cover bathroom and the audience was gone. I was looking for Manson, and kept catching glimpses of him throughout hallways, but he was ignoring me when I called out for him, and I remember thinking of him as a ghost. The stadium was completely abandoned, as if everyone just was atomized at once, besides for me and him. Sadly, my best friend woke me up with a message on Facebook, so it has no ending (she had an equally weird dream regarding Manson that night, too, but it at least had an ending, even if she did burn to death, and was able to feel it all).

The weirdest dream I've ever had was not weird for it's content. I had a dream months ago where the aforementioned best friend was going to commit suicide via jumping off a large building. I stopped her and saved her life. That day, I asked her about her dreams as I often do (she has insane dreams pretty much always, almost all extremely realistic in memory, if not in content). She proceeded to tell me about a dream where she was about to commit suicide via jumping off a large building where I stopped her and saved her life, and described the situation the same way I remembered. I proceeded to be extremely confused and weirded out, as did she after I told her about my dream.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 05:23:22 am by PosthumanHeresy »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2013, 03:32:46 am »
I had a dream where I was in some sort of temple...I was a cultist and we worshipped an evil god. I escaped and went running for a long time across a land filled with darkness, tombs, and withered plants. Monsters and the cultists came running after me from across the plains, but I hid in the hills where there were secret pools of water and old ruins.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #287 on: July 19, 2013, 03:38:21 am »
I once had a dream where I was in a warehouse full of vintage food, and me and Brad Jones (the Cinema Snob) were pissed off because there was still no Crystal Pepsi.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #288 on: July 19, 2013, 04:05:28 am »
I once had a dream where I was in a warehouse full of vintage food, and me and Brad Jones (the Cinema Snob) were pissed off because there was still no Crystal Pepsi.
That sounds friggin awesome (outside of the no Crystal Pepsi).

The other night, I had a dream that shows I REALLY need to lay off listening to Rammstein for a bit. I had a dream where, for some reason, they were crashing at my house. I got out of bed and Ollie was passed out at the desktop computer and thought he was dead. Reesh was sleeping on top of my mother's truck, outside. Till was sleeping with my parents (in more ways than one, because my brain hates me). The rest were scattered throughout the house. Me and my family were debating who would wake up Till and tell him Ollie's dead, then Ollie woke up. Till came into the kitchen and we were eating bread sticks, and for some reason, he didn't understand them and ended up making blowjob motions due to it. Then I was woken by a Facebook message, so there's no ending here.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2013, 05:31:22 am »
I had a dream where I was teleported to an alternate dimension where heroes, villains, and warriors from every dimension were going to participate in a grand tournament, hosted by a surprisingly kind goddess.  Several of my OCs were participating in the tournament, too.

The tournament wasn't a standard fighting tournament either.  Each round had a specific goal to it, and the warriors had to achieve that goal while also fighting each other off.  One of the rules, though, was that their entry fee was, more or less, their favored weapons.  They had to stick them into the ground, where they would stay there until the tournament was over.

Suddenly, this god of destruction (which I keep wanting to think of as Ares... after the fact) appears and boasts that he's going to destroy this dimension using his divine spear... which he sticks into the ground, thus accidentally initiating himself into the tournament.  He was pissed but he had to participate to get his spear back.

Dude that sounds epic as fucking hell and It would be a crime against humanity to not turn this into a story.

Agreed!
I had a dream this morning that L7 had reformed and were touring; I went to see them and somehow managed to get right up to the stage, and the singer gave me a band badge :D

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #290 on: July 23, 2013, 07:14:56 am »
I had a dream that Art came over to the US from Australia to wish me happy birthday. He did so by placing a $5 bill at a gas pump for me. What a kind soul.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #291 on: July 23, 2013, 07:57:50 pm »
Cheap though.

Ironbite-only getting you a gallon of gas.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #292 on: July 24, 2013, 11:31:36 pm »
I had a dream about my dog Yoshi.

I usually don't know when I'm dreaming, but this time I instantly knew it was a dream because she's dead.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #293 on: July 25, 2013, 12:12:57 am »
I rarely remember any of my dreams, but this one I had a while ago was too weird to forget. In it, I was snowboarding in the mountains (which is weird since I ski, not snowboard) except my board was like some crazy-ass rocket snowboard thing, letting me ride at ridiculous speeds and get tons of air off jumps. the only other people around were my family and a couple friends. Aside from them, the mountain was devoid of people. It was a pretty weird dream.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #294 on: July 28, 2013, 10:05:34 am »
I had a dream about a week ago where all of my teeth just started falling out. It was pretty awful, since it felt really realistic. I think I probably had the dream since I had a dentist appointment that day.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2013, 08:31:17 pm »
I had a dream about a week ago where all of my teeth just started falling out. It was pretty awful, since it felt really realistic. I think I probably had the dream since I had a dentist appointment that day.

Apparently losing teeth is one of the most common dreams. I've never had a dream involving teeth myself.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2013, 08:47:47 pm »

Apparently losing teeth is one of the most common dreams. I've never had a dream involving teeth myself.

I've had plenty of dreams where my right molar breaks apart and falls out.  It's probably due to paranoia since my left molar decayed and broke apart over a period of years until I finally went to an oral surgeon to have the roots removed (since the roots were all that was left).

Sometimes in my dreams, when something really bad or embarrassing happens, the dream actually resets itself to a previous point so I can avoid it.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #297 on: July 29, 2013, 12:03:50 pm »

Me neither. All my dreams are acid trips.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2013, 09:05:31 am »
I dreamt that Distind came back to the forum and began posting normally again.

In another dream, Michael Myers was after a woman who was considered his final target, and he killed her with a giant hammer. Then he came after me, and I woke up right after he swung the hammer at my head and missed by an inch or two.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #299 on: August 25, 2013, 09:12:29 am »
I had a zombie apocalypse dream a couple of nights ago. The only part I remember is I was basically hanging from an iron bar a few metres off the ground, kicking a giant zombie's face in, while arguing with a fellow survivor who was standing on a window ledge beside me whether or not I was a greater asset to the group than a 3rd person I don't recall. My logic was that I'd scavenged better gear, consisting of armour, a pair of cleats and a shotgun, whereas my unseen rival only had the same armour, and inferiour weaponry and footwear. As I recall, I both won the argument and killed the giant zomble all at the same time.