Author Topic: Graphic Novel Declared A Terrorist Operation By US Government  (Read 1829 times)

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
Graphic Novel Declared A Terrorist Operation By US Government
« on: December 22, 2012, 06:39:28 pm »
...and all their money was seized!

To quote from journalist David Axe:

In 2010 I went to the Democratic Republic of Congo to report on the Lord’s Resistance Army rebel group. In 2011 I wrote a graphic novel script based on my reporting and artist Tim Hamilton agreed to draw it. Cartoonist Matt Bors edited the story and early this year the Dutch Website Cartoon Movement serialized the art online, following which book publisher Public Affairs acquired the paperback rights. And last month, the federal Office of Foreign Assets Control confiscated the majority of the advance payment, claiming that we were laundering the money for onward transfer to a terrorist organization.
Yes, you read that right: the feds believe Tim and I are terror financiers.

So far, I've not found any evidence that leads me to believe that the government is just in doing this.
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Re: Graphic Novel Declared A Terrorist Operation By US Government
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:27:09 pm »
....what the fuck is this shit? Hey, US Government? I know we're desperate to get some money for gov. operations, but how about instead of pulling dick crap like this, you pull your heads out of your collective asses and actually do something about that damned fiscal cliff?

signed,

A Dissatisfied Customer.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 10:34:38 pm »
....what the fuck is this shit? Hey, US Government? I know we're desperate to get some money for gov. operations, but how about instead of pulling dick crap like this, you pull your heads out of your collective asses and actually do something about that damned fiscal cliff?

signed,

A Dissatisfied Customer.

Then Grover Norquist would be mad.

But yeah, this is stupid.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 11:04:53 pm »
dpareja: Then let Grover Norquist get mad. Any day which Grover gets pissy over his ideology being abandoned is a good day.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 11:09:59 pm »
dpareja: Then let Grover Norquist get mad. Any day which Grover gets pissy over his ideology being abandoned is a good day.

Clarification: Then Grover Norquist would get mad and arrange to have a lot of Republican House candidates lose in the primaries for 2014. It's a matter of self-interest for them: Norquist gets mad, they don't get re-elected.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 02:56:04 pm »
Doesn't sound like it's just, but I feel like there'd be a mix up. However, the proceeds are probably at max a few million which is hardly a drop in the federal budget bucket. Not sure what's going on, honestly.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 02:09:44 pm »
I remember back in the Bush admin, there was all this kerfluffle with groups being labeled terrorists under shady circumstances and then people getting trouble for donating to said groups even though the donations occurred long before the group had been labeled "terrorist"

I wonder if this is related.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor