Author Topic: 2016 Election Thread  (Read 9495 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: 2016 Election Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 12:59:13 am »
Y'all are seriously starting already? The news cycle hasn't even left Boehner mode over Romney losing yet.

Also, autocorrect wants to turn "Boehner" into "boner".

Any responses to the "DEFCON 1 Federal Debt Engagement Protocols" aka the fiscal cliff?
If I had a better understanding of what it was, perhaps.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline worlder

• Bishop
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 01:04:27 am »
Y'all are seriously starting already? The news cycle hasn't even left Boehner mode over Romney losing yet.

Any responses to the "DEFCON 1 Federal Debt Engagement Protocols" aka the fiscal cliff?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/07/politics/fiscal-cliff/index.html?hpt=po_c2

Just to give you an idea.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 02:31:33 am »

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/07/politics/fiscal-cliff/index.html?hpt=po_c2

Just to give you an idea.
If I thought any Democrats had a spine, I'd say fuck it, let the tax cuts expire and spending cuts take effect. But I'm still convinced the the Dems are, at best, cowards who won't fight for their supposed ideals, though it's more likely they're going through the motions of opposing the GOP while silently having their strings pulled.
The rich keep their cuts and the middle/lower classes gets boned, because nobody in DC really cares about their constituents.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Paradox

• Neonate
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 03:56:43 am »
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

The month of this election isn't out and we're already talking about the next one.  What is wrong with this country?  When did we decide on perpetual campaign cycles?  I refuse to participate in this insanity.

Warren 2016
The Man of Galilee, the Carpenter, the workingman who became the revolutionary agitator of his day soon found himself to be an undesirable citizen in the eyes of the ruling knaves and they had him crucified.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 04:30:42 am »
Well, there's always Rubio vs. Clinton in 2016.  Rubio is intelligent, well-spoken, and he actually sounds as if he's sane.  Of course if he ran against Clinton, he needs to stay FAR away from social issues. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 05:36:05 pm »
I'm not sure I'm looking forward to a Hillary Clinton nomination - if only because I can already see dumbasses finding ways to ignore criticisms of her - hyperbolic and valid - as "misogynist."  Don't get me wrong, there will likely be misogyny against her, but I just fear that people are going to overemphasize the misogyny meme.

Honestly, whenever the race or sex of an individual comes up in the discussion of politicians, I find myself extremely annoyed.  I don't care if someone's white, black, Hispanic, male, female, or what the fuck ever.  Every time someone brings up that shit, I feel it distracts from actual fucking political issues. 

"OMG, Romney's white!  Let's constantly point this out!" was especially fucking annoying.  One prominent example was the taped piece of white bread that was supposed to be a "Romney/Ryan" bumper sticker.  Geddit?  BECAUSE ROMNEY AND RYAN ARE BOTH WHITE!  AHAHAHAHA!  I'M SO FUCKING CLEVER!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:44:42 pm by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 07:58:08 pm »
Here's some shiny new polls showing who voters in each party would like to see as their nominee.
http://www.businessinsider.com/ppp-2016-florida-president-poll-hillary-clinton-biden-2012-11
http://www.scribd.com/doc/112677112/New-Hampshire-Republicans-2016

NEW HAMPSHIRE:

Asked of Republicans
(click to show/hide)

Asked of Democrats
(click to show/hide)

Asked of Democrats, if Hillary isn't running
(click to show/hide)

Asked of Democrats, if neither Hillary nor Joe is running
(click to show/hide)

FLORIDA:

Asked of Republicans
(click to show/hide)

Asked of Democrats
(click to show/hide)

Asked of Democrats, if Hillary isn't running
(click to show/hide)

Asked of Democrats, if neither Hillary nor Joe is running
(click to show/hide)

Hillary really needs to run, because those Cuomo numbers are seriously scaring me.

Offline wrongfrog

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 09:12:35 pm »
Hillary really needs to run, because those Cuomo numbers are seriously scaring me.
What's wrong with Cuomo?

I mean, this is the first time I'm hearing of him so I know nothing about the dude.

but I've read that Hillary is going to take a break from politics for a while after her term as Secretary of State expires, so hopefully in her down time she'll figure out if she wants to run for president in 2016.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 09:28:06 pm »
What's wrong with Cuomo?

I mean, this is the first time I'm hearing of him so I know nothing about the dude.

Think of Obama, but with even less backbone. Actively stabbing left-leaning Dems and progressives in the back and jumping at the first opportunity to work with Republicans.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2012, 01:16:14 pm »
Remember how Bill Clinton basically came out of nowhere to win? Well, I am hoping Kathleen Sebelius (former Kansas Governor, now Sec'y H&HS) gets a chance to run. She's not especially scary to right wingers, has that like-ability factor more in place than Hillary, and has the kind of calm intelligent style that makes her seem presidential. Remember, it's 90% how you come off on TV that gets you backed by the parties.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 06:58:33 pm »
Republicans could always go with the Shrieking White-Hot Sphere of Pure Rage.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 07:24:30 pm »
Remember how Bill Clinton basically came out of nowhere to win? Well, I am hoping Kathleen Sebelius (former Kansas Governor, now Sec'y H&HS) gets a chance to run. She's not especially scary to right wingers, has that like-ability factor more in place than Hillary, and has the kind of calm intelligent style that makes her seem presidential. Remember, it's 90% how you come off on TV that gets you backed by the parties.

Managed two terms and lead Kansas through a fiscally conservative and sound period, while managing to keep entitlements from getting trampled and pursuing business growth in the state. I'd support her for president.

Then again, Kansans then immediately forgot this and voted in heblowsohard into office who immediately destroyed the balanced budget and cut entitlements from federally funded programs to 'balance the budget' despite it not effecting our budget, it just starves children.

Brownback: For Starving Children! I'm sorry, but you have to be fucking idiotic to want someone like that near any seat of power. He should totally run for president. He wouldn't totally be a joke afterall. Like converting to Catholicism to get more votes from Hispanics!
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 03:42:10 am »
I think Kirsten Gillibrand would be an interesting pick for the Dems.  She's a moderate, pro-2nd Amendment Democrat from upstate NY who could probably win a lot of votes among blue-collar whites who might otherwise vote Republican.

I like Elizabeth Warren but I think she's too far to the left to appeal to a broader constituency.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 10:28:36 am »
Republicans could always go with the Shrieking White-Hot Sphere of Pure Rage.

That was funnier than it had any right to be.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 12:31:14 pm »
I hope o'Malley isn't the nominee. I don't think he has the charisma enough to fund raise enough.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.