Author Topic: 2016 Election Thread  (Read 9486 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: 2016 Election Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 06:31:27 pm »
I'd be okay with seeing Corey Booker or Hillary Clinton go up against someone SANE on the GOP side...

... is it sad that I would have voted for McCain in '08 until he picked up Palin?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2012, 07:03:23 pm »
I actually did vote for McCain, mostly because I'd been a fan of his for a long time. I just thought he had the qualifications.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2012, 08:00:15 pm »
... is it sad that I would have voted for McCain in '08 until he picked up Palin?

Not really.  I considered voting for him, too, though I ended up voting for Obama.  And I will admit, Sarah Palin was a factor though not the only factor (I just preferred Obama's politics)

However, I'm kinda glad I didn't vote for him.  He's turned into such a crybaby that it's embarrassing.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2012, 08:10:19 pm »

Not really.  I considered voting for him, too, though I ended up voting for Obama.  And I will admit, Sarah Palin was a factor though not the only factor (I just preferred Obama's politics)

However, I'm kinda glad I didn't vote for him.  He's turned into such a crybaby that it's embarrassing.
Well even prior to that he was part of the Keating Five, and he voted against MLK Day, and he was a constant defender of our needless and bloody War on Terror...it's just that after 2008 he became even more of a reptile with his staunch opposition to repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell and his insistence on the draconian National Defense Authorization Act. To paraphrase Jon Stewart, he's become truly terrible.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2012, 08:20:33 pm »
As for predictions for who will run for the Democratic nomination...I think Andrew Cuomo will throw his hat in the ring.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2012, 09:04:02 pm »
Do you think Gary Johnson will try to run again?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2012, 04:47:44 am »
I hope so.  I like what Johnson stood for.  If 2016 ends up being Bush against Clinton, or by then the economy is in the same state as it is now, I'll vote for him.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"