Author Topic: Swatting Death in Kansas  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Swatting Death in Kansas
« on: December 29, 2017, 09:15:58 pm »
It finally happened:

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.html

The little shit who made the call should be charged with murder, and the officer who pulled the trigger should at the very least be investigated by internal affairs. Fortunately, Wichita cops all wear body cameras.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Re: Swatting Death in Kansas
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 12:01:43 am »
But What About FREE SPEECH?  Why do you want destroy our freedom to say whatever we want, like Hey rigger happy cops that guy has a gun!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 12:22:52 am »
Just like shouting "FIRE!" in a crowded theatre is not protected speech, neither is this. Whoever SWATTED them needs the book thrown at them.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 09:31:12 am »
Best part?  The little shit's using the "I didn't pull the trigger" defense and is also displaying literally zero remorse on his Twitter...before he got banned, then came back a couple hours later.  I truly feel for whatever lawyer has to defend this bastard in court; unless they're as soulless as he is, they're going to be haunted by that for the rest of their lives.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 04:20:03 pm »
Best part?  The little shit's using the "I didn't pull the trigger" defense and is also displaying literally zero remorse on his Twitter...before he got banned, then came back a couple hours later.  I truly feel for whatever lawyer has to defend this bastard in court; unless they're as soulless as he is, they're going to be haunted by that for the rest of their lives.

"Laddie, it's not my job to prove you innocent; it's my job to ensure that your guilt has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt." -- Anonymous Scottish defence lawyer

I know that up here, at least, having an inadequate defence can be grounds for a mistrial.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 05:22:55 pm »
I'll bet money the little shit doesn't have money for a lawyer.

Ironbite-I feel sorry for whatever PD gets roped into this.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 12:00:15 am »
Legal lesson: Depraved Indifference/Heart crimes with a healthy dose of felony murder on the side

I'll just leave this right here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depraved-heart_murder

And the chaser: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_murder_rule

The brat who did this is about to have a crash course on a very important lesson in legal procedure. Anyone want popcorn?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 06:34:38 am »
Fun fact: Charlie Manson was convicted of murder despite never being proven to have done it with his own hands. It's because the he forced his followers into the position where they killed his intended victims for him. Much like shitlick mcswatter here manipulated the police to shoot the victim.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 10:39:50 am »

Didn't a bad guy from Ace Attorney use pretty much that exact "logic"?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.