Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 118918 times)

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #435 on: April 20, 2014, 10:07:13 am »
I don't remember the subject of the dream I had last night but one image stayed with me when I woke up:

I am looking down on a wooden coffin. It is open and inside lays a deceased woman wrapped tightly in a white shroud so that only her face is visible. Her body from head to toe is covered in brightly colored flowers of all sorts. The flowers around her head are arranged to look like a halo and the flower over her heart is a large sunflower. She looks peaceful and her pale skin contrasts the bright lively flowers all around her.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #436 on: April 24, 2014, 07:29:29 am »
Well, I had the worst dream ever. I was dating Michael Jackson, and in addition to his other wonderful traits, he was also a murderer. He went from house to house killing people and cleaning up the crime scene so well that the police could never track him down, though they suspected him anyway. I felt helpless in the situation and decided to lie to police so I wouldn't get in trouble as an accomplice.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #437 on: May 17, 2014, 04:00:53 pm »
I dreamed that I got hired at McDonald's again, however, there was this week where I just... wasn't scheduled for anything.  Then the next week, I went in to check the schedule (and I still wasn't scheduled for anything the following week) and the manager acted like I was a customer that had barged into their workplace until I told him that I was checking my schedule, where I got a non-committal "Oh."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #438 on: May 24, 2014, 11:38:48 am »
I had another dream, but the only part that was really relevant was right towards the end.

I was waiting in line at the store.  Behind me was a little old lady and her husband.  They (mostly the lady) were talking about the new Maleficent movie and how it was Satanic indoctrination, talking about how Maleficent's fairy form (with the wings) was based off of a... Mormon demon or something.  Dream.

Anyways, she kept blaming Obama for it, saying this is what Obama was wanting, and in fact, that he was personally responsible for it.  Anyways, she said "Obama did this," and I lose my patience, whirl around, and say (surprisingly, not yelling) "Obama didn't do anything!"

Her eyes widened and she backed her cart away surprisingly quickly for an old lady.  Then I turn to her husband and continue my rant.  For about 5 seconds.

'Cause then my alarm went off, leaving me to ponder what the fuck just happened.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #439 on: December 26, 2014, 08:00:39 am »
NecroNarco powers activate...

I had a doozy of a dream last night. Epic, multi-season time-travel adventure. Except I forgot the most part. Of course.

There was some sort of powerful empire or force who was appearing in multiple eras and enforced their will. It definitely didn't happen in something resembling our history, cause the Assyrians were riding on Gryphons to fight against the time-empire's zeppelins. The central characters were half a dozen people from modern day, who involuntarily time-traveled to the past and witnessed that one power vanquishing the some ancient kingdom, name beginning with A, then the Assyrian and Babylonian empires and eradicating their capitals. They were advancing further and further forward in time. (That first kingdom happened to fight against the Israelites when the time-empire crushed them.)

There was also a almost-modern-day plotline, which somehow involved a gigantic fish restaurant in Japan, which was owned by a megacorp, and I think one of the people trapped in the past was the CEO's son. They knew time-travel was a thing and even had the capability, but it was difficult and expensive to use, even for a megacorp.

Eventually things climaxed in a sort-of alternate Rome (the aesthetics were more like fantasy Egypt). The time-empire was occupying the city with golden spheres, who fired beams eradicating people from time. The characters were trying to find a solution to beat them, scheming with the pretend-collaborating Emperor. Most of Rome was depopulated when things came to a head, but somehow some device or thing the empire wanted was sacrificed or destroyed in the city, and then the time-empire retreated, with the zeppelins and spheres flying towards the horizon over the sea.

The cast of main characters changed over these events, so if this were a TV series, it would be multi-season or something.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #440 on: January 02, 2015, 07:27:27 pm »
Last night, I was apparently on holiday somewhere in Asia. I was going to some sort of museum with a bunch of people I've never met (though I think one of them was a Let's Player I occasionally watch) and I had to withdraw money from an ATM because I didn't have enough on me for the entrance fee. The only problem was that the ATM kept giving me a geography and economics quiz that I had to pass before it would let me withdraw any money. Needless to say, it pissed me off something fierce.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #441 on: January 02, 2015, 10:00:27 pm »
I feel weird as hell talking about this, but... I met my (literal) dream girl.
Her name was Marah (with an H), but I can't remember more than a few vague details of what she looked like - long dark hair, wide hips, a shy smile, and cheekbones that could slice your hand open if you touched her face. We were in her house after dark, having a(n innocent) sleepover, and I can remember feeling my stomach flip when she cuddled up to me. We were in a small library-lounge area watching a movie on her laptop, when out of the blue she turned and kissed me. Even a week later (and despite the fact that none of this happened) I can still feel her lips on mine.
I woke up (within the dream) on her couch to the sound of her dad watching the morning news and her mom making breakfast, and because my dream-self is an utter dumbass I started worrying about if and how I was going to explain my trans status. Then I woke up (for real) still worrying about it for almost five minutes before realizing that yay, it doesn't matter because, boo, she's not real. Even in my dreams, I can't catch a break.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #442 on: January 03, 2015, 03:38:09 pm »
I was petsitting for someone. Their pet was a dairy cow.

The cow went on a rampage, stomped a chicken coop flat with all the chickens inside, trampled some goats, and disemboweled herself with her horns. I had to call a livestock vet, who lived a couple houses away, for tranquilizer gun and then euthanasia because the cow was somehow still running around.

When the owner came back, she was obviously upset. She explained that this was a common behavioral issue in the breed and not my fault.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #443 on: January 04, 2015, 01:21:34 am »
 I had a dream where I just started rapping to the beat of a song that came on the radio. I can't remember what song, or what I said, but I vaguely remember being pleased with it. Especially odd since I don't even like rap.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #444 on: January 04, 2015, 09:40:04 am »
I keep having dreams where I give birth to a kid (or in one case, curly fries). Given my mega-fear of childbirth, these dreams are becoming quite the nuisance.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #445 on: January 04, 2015, 10:16:29 am »
I keep having dreams where I give birth to a kid (or in one case, curly fries). Given my mega-fear of childbirth, these dreams are becoming quite the nuisance.
Tokophobics unite! (But on a less serious note, curly fries? Did you go to bed with a craving for Arby's or what?)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #446 on: January 04, 2015, 01:02:05 pm »
Tokophobics unite! (But on a less serious note, curly fries? Did you go to bed with a craving for Arby's or what?)

I don't think so, because they just kinda dangled from my crotch in the dream and I was utterly repulsed by them. I might need help.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #447 on: January 05, 2015, 06:54:38 am »
I had a dream that I was in some army, not sure which one. Parts of the dream were certainly from my time as a conscript in FDF but some bits weren't and the equipment and uniforms were all wrong. We were preparing for some kind of parade or honour guard and getting issued with old bolt action rifles just for the parade thing.

Then I went back to the barracks and the sleeping quarters (the barrack was quite accurate to my memories from the army) and there were rather good looking young women there. Then they undressed.

...And pulled out guns and knives and tried to kill me.

I have to admit that, I did not see that plot twist coming. Good one brain, you get points for being original at least.

For those of you wondering were were they hiding the weapons: Of course they did not have the guns on them, they had them on the beds hidden under the clothes they had taken off.

I got stabbed in my side but managed to wrestle a gun off one of them (wrestling with a nude, good looking, woman that was completely non-sexual? Brain, I am starting to get worried about you) and shot two of them before being left bleeding on the floor as the dream ended.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #448 on: January 15, 2015, 08:37:13 am »
So last night I had a dream that I meet one of the old forum members (specifically Smurfette Principle) in real life, and we basically talked about the stuff that happened since they left and other stuff. It was a nice dream.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #449 on: January 15, 2015, 11:16:46 am »
I miss her.  Wonder where she's at.

Also I had a dream about the Amazing Race.  In it, a guy from the area they were in was able to find the next stop in the race while the other two guys just floundered and kinda vanished.

Ironbite-and he was like...60-70 years old.