Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1113307 times)

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2310 on: June 03, 2013, 03:12:56 am »

Remote viewing, huh? I can view my desktop on my smartphone while I'm away from home. Guess that means I'm going to hell.

Seriously, if this list didn't have "Twilight films" I would have thought it came from the 80s.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2311 on: June 03, 2013, 04:58:40 am »

Dungeons and Dragons is evil, but God is okay with Call of Cthulhu RPG
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #2312 on: June 03, 2013, 06:18:09 am »
'Remote Viewing' is, from what I've heard, a conspiracy theory about government mind-jamming.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2313 on: June 03, 2013, 09:24:21 am »
I thought that was a Poe. The "Count Chocula" cereal bit seemed like the dealbreaker to me.

That, in addition, the fact that it is attributed to a Catholic church.  Unless that card was from several decades ago, the Catholic Church hasn't been big on Satanism being linked to everyday activities.  Current Catholic nuttiness seems to be centered around women and sex.

There are still nutty catholics, but I've never heard of an individual Catholic church engaging in the type of nonsense from that handout.

While I don't have a picture of it, when I was in Boston on Memorial Day, I saw some RV and trailer covered in signs claiming we are all born with the Spirit of Satan, need Jesus, and of course, the obligatory fundie statements decrying "lose women".

I'm thinking Poe or Hoax...unless this is one of those ultra-fundy, super-traditionalist, Mel Gibson-type splinter churches.

wrightway

« Reply #2314 on: June 03, 2013, 09:45:13 am »
'Remote Viewing' is, from what I've heard, a conspiracy theory about government mind-jamming.

I thought it was a form of astral projection?

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #2315 on: June 03, 2013, 10:46:45 am »

"Remote viewing" is a catch-all term for any form of divination where the person performing it is supposedly able to watch events as they happen in real time.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline worlder

• Bishop
« Reply #2316 on: June 03, 2013, 12:55:01 pm »

"Remote viewing" is a catch-all term for any form of divination where the person performing it is supposedly able to watch events as they happen in real time.

So we should smash all the TVs?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2317 on: June 03, 2013, 01:29:10 pm »
I've come from an Evangelical background where, yes, they do in fact believe that drinking any alcohol is a sin, and that what Jesus drank wasn't alcoholic.

Because the Jews in the Roman era totally had a way to prevent fruit or fruit juice from fermenting.  Yep...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #2318 on: June 03, 2013, 01:33:07 pm »
I think I have reached my limit with the conspiratadic shit I get from this woman I know. 

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2319 on: June 03, 2013, 02:15:34 pm »
I think I have reached my limit with the conspiratadic shit I get from this woman I know. 

The funny thing is that atheists are very under-represented in prison. Most prisoners read bibles because they are already religious.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #2320 on: June 03, 2013, 03:39:30 pm »

When I was in school back in the 90s, the Bible was available for checkout at the school library along with many other religious texts.
Students were free to check them out, bring their own Bibles and even have Bible study groups on school property. The ONLY thing that's prohibited is the staff cannot lead or encourage students or show preference to any one specific religion. I doubt things have changed much since then.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2321 on: June 03, 2013, 04:08:06 pm »

When I was in school back in the 90s, the Bible was available for checkout at the school library along with many other religious texts.
Students were free to check them out, bring their own Bibles and even have Bible study groups on school property. The ONLY thing that's prohibited is the staff cannot lead or encourage students or show preference to any one specific religion. I doubt things have changed much since then.

It ok to have a bible study class in a public school. The school I went to, before I moved to the one I recently graduated from and posted about in F&B, had a bible study class. The thing was that it had to be treated in an impartial manner or something. They read it in the same way you would read a novel, and couldn't endorse it as a religious text.

Now, whether the teacher actually did that, I don't know.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2322 on: June 03, 2013, 04:32:53 pm »

It ok to have a bible study class in a public school. The school I went to, before I moved to the one I recently graduated from and posted about in F&B, had a bible study class. The thing was that it had to be treated in an impartial manner or something. They read it in the same way you would read a novel, and couldn't endorse it as a religious text.

Now, whether the teacher actually did that, I don't know.

We had an assembly once where a Christian group came to our school and showed us this propagandery video about reformed drug addicts and criminials who became Christians. They left a load of free bibles for everyone as well afterwards.

Looking back i'm surprised my school had them there, because it wasn't religious at all. Apart from that one weird assembly there was no bias either for or against Christianity.

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #2323 on: June 03, 2013, 05:08:35 pm »
Wingnut's "dream map" of the Middle East:

Offline worlder

• Bishop
« Reply #2324 on: June 03, 2013, 05:41:14 pm »
Well according to that map we now have to built the more expensive oil rigs compared to land based wells to get at the petroleum.

That is assuming there is still petroleum in that crater. If not, congratulations you want a future where we used perfectly good uranium to destroy perfectly good oil just because you maker of this dream map are a hateful hateful person.

Also you might have doom all life on the planet because of all the dust kicked up into the atmosphere.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:42:45 pm by worlder »