Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1113284 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #3540 on: June 08, 2014, 01:02:49 am »
The "you don't have it as bad as these people" irks me. Sure, people here don't have half the problems that others have, but that doesn't magically invalidate their problems.

This.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3541 on: June 08, 2014, 01:05:20 am »
Its got something of a point, at least.  Tumblr is far, FAR too hung up on "privilege," be it real or imagined.
I know that, but this is still pretty tasteless, and the "First worlders" part seems a bit stupid.

Actually, the first worlder bit is the whole point of that picture. Most of the "privileges" are thrown around at first world people and used to complain about who non/less-privileged people are treated in first world countries. That picture has the same insults being thrown at a impoverished kid in a third world country who obviously isn't benefitting much from any of those.

In fact, from what I've seen apart from the Kony thing and about the Boko Haram kidnapping Tumblr Social justice folks have been concentrating on first world problems. Complaining about how LGBT* face discrimination in USA while not saying a word about how LGBT* are treated in Somalia for example.

This is not to say that there wouldn't be things that need to be fixed in the first world countries as well but the picture does have a point in that when those "male privileges" for example are brought out it is more likely to be about the glass ceiling or female wage rather than about how women are still bought and sold in some countries of the world...
Ah, true.
Again, the point is fine, the delivery is... Something...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 01:09:26 am by I am lizard »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3542 on: June 08, 2014, 02:03:19 am »
The "you don't have it as bad as these people" irks me. Sure, people here don't have half the problems that others have, but that doesn't magically invalidate their problems.

This.

Fucking drinking to this...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3543 on: June 08, 2014, 05:12:00 am »

This.

Fucking drinking to this...

Agreed. I didn't mean to imply that people aren't experiencing discrimination in first world countries or that those problems should be ignored until the bigger ones are handled. It is just that occasionally one should look at the big picture and particularly for the people who complain about representation it should be important to remember those who have it even worse and who are not getting enough attention or help.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3544 on: June 09, 2014, 07:29:56 pm »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3545 on: June 09, 2014, 07:46:41 pm »
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3546 on: June 09, 2014, 09:07:05 pm »

About 80% of "toilets" didn't exist 100 years ago.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #3547 on: June 09, 2014, 09:08:30 pm »

Just rice then.

Because natural things are so affordable. Yep. Not way more expensive than artificial things.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3548 on: June 10, 2014, 07:58:23 am »
If they fortified plastic with proper nutrition and made it taste like bacon, I'd eat that fucking plastic.

Also, assholes, Ludd was a terrorist and you're a bunch of throwbacks.  You wanna live in a cave and eat your own shit?  Go right ahead, I'll not stop you.  Just don't bring any of that narsty technology with you.  Leave it with me.  I'll use it to get better shit for myself.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3549 on: June 18, 2014, 06:03:52 pm »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3550 on: June 18, 2014, 10:15:54 pm »
Heinous, but ultimately meaningless, in that racists who fap to that kind of shit don't really have any power to stop social progress.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3551 on: June 18, 2014, 10:58:01 pm »
Still makes me want to punch one in the face.

I know, I know, martyr complex and all... they'll always find some reason to feed it, though.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3552 on: June 21, 2014, 01:50:50 pm »

Along with the obvious boatload of bigoted stupid I hope they didn't use an actual crime scene photo for the second pic.

Maybe they just got one of their bigoted gal-pals & had her muss up her hair, smear fake blood on her face & lie on the ground.

If White-Supremacists think dating or marrying a black guy is an instant death sentence, I'd love to point out the tons of "Black Guy/White Girl" paring that don't result in mayhem.

Notice how it's always a blonde girl? It's never a redhead or brunette. Always a very pale, blond girl & a really black guy.

I'd also like to bonk bigots with a dictionary!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3553 on: June 25, 2014, 08:03:27 am »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3554 on: June 25, 2014, 11:41:41 am »
Weak argument from whining paranoids.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.