Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1113773 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #3990 on: March 23, 2015, 11:58:07 pm »
Well, I would say that Ironchew is right in this case here, if only with (as he himself has noted) specific examples of so-called Safe Spaces. Judging from places like Shakesville, often survivors may flock to places with rather toxic power cultures- often ones with cultish power cultures.

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3991 on: March 24, 2015, 07:26:28 pm »
As a general rule, safe spaces are meant to have harsh social norms against abuse. Obviously that can backfire if you have designated moderators that are the ones perpetrating the abuse and you can't remove them, but "authorities abuse their power" is a general failure mode of basically every human community, it's not exclusive to safe spaces.

Safe spaces harbor victims of abuse. I consider it a uniquely vile offense when the heads of those communities manipulate the trust an already vulnerable segment of the population places in them.

At least other forums can throw shit around and fragment. Dysfunctional safe spaces make their members feel more worthless and outcast than they felt without any community support.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here that is unique to safe spaces. All communities with victims of abuse have a risk of authorities being abusive, which yes, is horrible.

Is your point that the community norms of safe spaces make this a greater risk, or remove options for dealing with it if that happens?
Σא

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #3992 on: March 24, 2015, 08:59:50 pm »
As a general rule, safe spaces are meant to have harsh social norms against abuse. Obviously that can backfire if you have designated moderators that are the ones perpetrating the abuse and you can't remove them, but "authorities abuse their power" is a general failure mode of basically every human community, it's not exclusive to safe spaces.

Safe spaces harbor victims of abuse. I consider it a uniquely vile offense when the heads of those communities manipulate the trust an already vulnerable segment of the population places in them.

At least other forums can throw shit around and fragment. Dysfunctional safe spaces make their members feel more worthless and outcast than they felt without any community support.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here that is unique to safe spaces. All communities with victims of abuse have a risk of authorities being abusive, which yes, is horrible.

Is your point that the community norms of safe spaces make this a greater risk, or remove options for dealing with it if that happens?

I don't think there's a greater risk of mod abuse, but in specific examples like Shakesville the safe space mentality removes options for dealing with the abuse because everyone else is trying not to rock the boat.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3993 on: April 02, 2015, 11:15:42 am »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3994 on: April 02, 2015, 11:20:54 am »

There needs to be a communist equivalent to Godwin's law.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3995 on: April 02, 2015, 11:34:52 am »
[-snip-]

There needs to be a communist equivalent to Godwin's law.
McCarthy's Law, maybe?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3996 on: April 02, 2015, 12:48:18 pm »
Or, just call it a GRANDMA. "Oh, look, Ted Cruz just GRANDMA'ed all over that tweet."
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #3997 on: April 02, 2015, 03:17:08 pm »
McCarthy's Law: The longer a political discussion lasts, the greater likelihood that a participant will compare another argument to communism.  That works.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3998 on: April 02, 2015, 04:00:42 pm »
I think a better rule would be anyone who shows opinions to the left of ultra-conservative will be accused of being a communist.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #3999 on: April 03, 2015, 09:52:56 am »
Nah. They're fascist like Hitler.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4001 on: April 06, 2015, 10:29:47 am »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #4002 on: April 06, 2015, 04:47:10 pm »
https://think69.com/this-generations-tech-addiction-posters-by-ajit-johnson/

But...tech and gaming addiction are totally things!  Just ask my pastor!

Well, I can certainly testify that they are, having been to bloody rehab for them.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4003 on: April 07, 2015, 08:09:00 am »
https://think69.com/this-generations-tech-addiction-posters-by-ajit-johnson/

But...tech and gaming addiction are totally things!  Just ask my pastor!

Well, I can certainly testify that they are, having been to bloody rehab for them.

Not to be insensitive, but I'm gonna have to see some actual proof that they (the addictions, that is) exist.  You can make a rehab clinic for anything.  They have what could be called rehab clinics for being gay, sooooooooooo...I'm going to have to say that just because something has a rehab clinic doesn't necessarily mean that they're treating an addiction in the medical sense.  Psychological attachment, mayhaps, but not an addiction.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4004 on: April 07, 2015, 11:35:48 am »
Regardless, it's not as if are generation just invented things like being introverted, addiction, or any of that other bullshit by exposure to Jew propaganda and mix-breeding with savage non-whites.