Author Topic: Why Is Sex Outside of Marriage A Sin?  (Read 79873 times)

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
Re: Why Is Sex Outside of Marriage A Sin?
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2012, 12:12:35 pm »
I trust in God with all my heart, but that doesn't mean I have to slavishly obey a book written thousands of years ago halfway across the world, in a language I can neither speak nor read, by men who lived in a patriarchal, militaristic theocracy. God's world has changed and grown, and as His follower I must change and grow with it.
And therin is your problem. The 1611 King James Holy Bible is the literal infallible word of God. You cannot trust in God while making a mockery of his word. And this is why I pray for your soul.

[citation needed]

And just to make it an official direct question:  where is your proof that this version is the correct translation?

Also, a clue (all it a gift from me to you):  if you join this board and spout shit like that, you're gonna have a bad time.  Like, really really bad.  I'm pegging you at either Baptist or AoG, which is it?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:14:21 pm by Bezron »

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2012, 12:16:54 pm »
And therin is your problem. The 1611 King James Holy Bible is the literal infallible word of God. You cannot trust in God while making a mockery of his word. And this is why I pray for your soul.

Congrats, you just made me have a laugh I haven't had in a while.

Oh, and Rinella, don't worry. When I said I was going to have some fun with this, I meant more with this guy than you. I just know you won't scream "Praise Jesus" with every other breathe.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:26:51 pm by Mechtaur »

Offline SugarfreeJazz

• Will burn down your state with combustible lemons
  • Apprentice
  • I wish we were better strangers.
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2012, 12:17:23 pm »
I'm not ignoring the posts. I don't have much time therefore I respond to the points that I can.

If you are asked a direct question on this board you must answer. Your answer may be: addressing the question; you may say you do not want to answer, but you need to explain why; or you may leave the thread knowing you can not respond to points you find most convenient while avoiding others.

You are not alone in being busy, Pastor. That excuse doesn't really carry much weight as you decided to post here in the first place. Understand?
If you love someone set them free. If they come back, set them on fire.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2012, 12:27:38 pm »
I'm not ignoring the posts. I don't have much time therefore I respond to the points that I can.

And he ignores the entire rest of my post and my argument! Ladies and gentlemen, exhibit A.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2012, 12:41:19 pm »

Close, buddy. "Let me look at that and for accompanying verses. I'll get back to you." Boom, post answered. No, what you did is answer only the posts you wanted to, namely you went Catholic bashing, and claimed it was because you are pressed for time. What you did is say disparaging Roman Catholics is a higher priority. Good to know. It's been a while since we've had a chew toy.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline PastorDave

• Neonate
  • Blessed in our Lord Jesus Christ
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2012, 01:16:22 pm »
you went Catholic bashing
,Catholic bashing? That's like bashing muggers and drunk drivers. Yes I AM vehemently Anti-Catholic as if you could not tell.
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you" Exodus 20:12

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2012, 01:18:44 pm »
,Catholic bashing? That's like bashing muggers and drunk drivers. Yes I AM vehemently Anti-Catholic as if you could not tell.

Please, elaborate on this point. I will enjoy making my history major useful.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2012, 01:19:34 pm »

Catholicism isn't quite the same as drunk driving or muggers. They kill people and rob them. We just disagree with you.

Offline PastorDave

• Neonate
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2012, 01:42:59 pm »

Catholicism isn't quite the same as drunk driving or muggers. They kill people and rob them. We just disagree with you.
The Catholic Church has a long history of robbery, murder, and genocide. The criminal history on the papacy is well documented and my comparison is actually understated.
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you" Exodus 20:12

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2012, 01:48:20 pm »

The Catholic Church has a long history of robbery, murder, and genocide. The criminal history on the papacy is well documented and my comparison is actually understated.

Because Protestantism has never committed genocide or murder or robbery. Not ever.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2012, 01:48:43 pm »
The papacy also has a long history of ecumenism and noble giving. It depends on the Pope, because they are people. People during the 1200-1600s turned the Papacy into a position of physical power instead of spiritual, and the reformation drove the need for the Papacy to return to being, well, a decent individual in that seat. Luther and Calvin wanted to reform the church from Within, their followers created the split.

Just to get this out now. Pope=/=Catholic, Infallible, Emperor.

Are you for real?

Are you? I just. I've never met someone in my life some vehemently viral to those whom he doesn't agree with.

I mean, I've met protestants before. Once I cleared up the whole "We don't worship Mary and Saints" Thing they were perfectly happy to get along with me. A nice ecumenical moment brought to you by understanding and not having blinders on.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2012, 01:48:50 pm »

The institution's not perfect, I'll grant that. No major institution that has existed for hundreds of years on end is without it's past atrocities, and it's not perfect now either. But being Catholic shouldn't mean I am responsible for those actions. I had nothing to do with them.

Offline PastorDave

• Neonate
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2012, 01:50:22 pm »

Because Protestantism has never committed genocide or murder or robbery. Not ever.
Being as Protestantism is infallible this statement is moot.

Offline SugarfreeJazz

• Will burn down your state with combustible lemons
  • Apprentice
  • I wish we were better strangers.
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2012, 01:53:57 pm »

Being as Protestantism is infallible then statement is moot.

Provide evidence that it is infallible that does not use circular reasoning. If you want to successfully argue your point you must back it up with something of substance.
If you love someone set them free. If they come back, set them on fire.

Offline PastorDave

• Neonate
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2012, 01:56:30 pm »

Being as Protestantism is infallible then statement is moot.

Provide evidence that it is infallible that does not use circular reasoning. If you want to successfully argue your point you must back it up with something of substance.
God has backed it up with the 1611 KJV Bible. Clear is day at least for the non-heathen anyway.