Author Topic: Adopted or Abducted?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Adopted or Abducted?
« on: March 27, 2012, 08:28:53 pm »
That's the title of the article I chanced across. Remember when all we really had to bitch about the Roman Catholic Church was pedo priests and telling AIDS ridden Africans to not use rubbers because they make the baby Jesus shit his nappies? Well, looks like we've got something else to RAEG about and this time they have accomplices.

http://news.yahoo.com/forced-adoptions-for-unwed-mothers-around-the-globe.html
Most women describe giving birth to a child as a life changing experience – in a word – “challenging”, “joyous”, “miraculous.”  But generations of young, unwed women describe their experience of giving birth to a child as a nightmare – and decades later their suffering has yet to end.

From Australia to Spain, Ireland to America, and as recent as 1987, young mothers say they were “coerced”, “manipulated”, and “duped” into handing over their babies for adoption. These women say sometimes their parents forged consent documents, but more often they say these forced adoptions were coordinated by the people their families trusted most...priests, nuns, social workers, nurses or doctors. 

Last month, a Dan Rather Reports producer and crew were in Canberra, Australia as Parliament released the findings of an 18-month-long investigation revealing illegal and unethical tactics used to convince young, unmarried mothers to surrender their babies to adoptive homes from the late 1940s to the 1980s.  And we interviewed some of the victims -- adoptees and mothers separated at birth.

---

Siewert added, “There was a lot of testimony from people that were associated with Catholic institutions.  And Catholic Health Services here issued an apology and I understand they're gonna be putting in place some grievance procedures.” 

In some cases, mothers in Australia were drugged and forced to sign papers relinquishing custody. In others, women were told their children had died. Single mothers also did not have access to the financial support given to widows or abandoned wives, and many were told by doctors, nurses, and social workers that they were unfit to raise a child.  Siewert says, “We heard practices that were either illegal or unethical and downright cruel.” 
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Re: Adopted or Abducted?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:43:47 pm »
Makes me wonder how much more shit they have tried to hush.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:39:01 pm »
I remember this from the old board
with Spain it was also used to hurt dissenters against Franco

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 10:48:34 am »
I remember this from the old board
with Spain it was also used to hurt dissenters against Franco
Anti-Francos weren't the only people who got hit. Lot of the time the babies were "stolen" simply because the hospital (always run by nuns and priests) got a fee off every child adopted.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 06:10:20 pm »
In others, women were told their children had died.

I... I... I have no words.

You know, there's a video game where this happened to one baby. Now that she's grown up, I think she's ready to avenge the others.

Jack?

(click to show/hide)
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 06:23:50 pm »
*cowers behind a shrub at that sight*
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mice34

• Neonate
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 08:08:31 pm »
In some cases, mothers in Australia were drugged and forced to sign papers relinquishing custody. In others, women were told their children had died. Single mothers also did not have access to the financial support given to widows or abandoned wives, and many were told by doctors, nurses, and social workers that they were unfit to raise a child.  Siewert says, “We heard practices that were either illegal or unethical and downright cruel.” 

Yeah, they did this all over Europe for hundreds of years. Ireland got it especially bad. There was a class action lawsuit filed in Quebec recently over this. I hope they bleed the church dry.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Lawsuit+accuses+Quebec+Catholic+Church+coercing+adoptions/6301926/story.html

A class-action lawsuit accusing Quebec's Catholic Church of kidnapping, fraud and coercion to force unwed mothers to give up their children for adoption is being organized by one of Canada's highest-profile law firms.