Author Topic: Fun times in Syria  (Read 30965 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Fun times in Syria
« on: August 30, 2013, 03:48:42 pm »
Somehow this doesn't seem to have a thread yet. Anyways, Russia has deployed two additional warships, anti-missile and anti-submarine, to the Mediterranean. They're saying it's part of "routine exercises", but I'm pretty sure everyone knows its specifically to counter the 5 warships the US have sent to the region.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_090jSIrSI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_090jSIrSI</a>

Meanwhile, Senator John Kerry has brought forth "evidence" of Assad using chemical weapons against terrorists/civilians, but cannot reveal it because "it would put at risk intelligence 'sources and methods.'" Since, y'know, it's not really clear what this evidence is, I'm fairly inclined to believe that it's all bullshit.

I'm turning WWIII into a drinking game. One shot for each city flattened. Who's with me?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline starseeker

• God
Re: Fun times in Syria
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 03:51:39 pm »
UK Parliament voted not to intervene with a majority of 13.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23898848

Causing no end of arguements since it was the ruling coalition that wanted to intervene.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:54:31 pm by starseeker »

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 03:56:12 pm »

Causing no end of arguements since it was the ruling coalition that wanted to intervene.
And more power to 'em on that. If only more nations would follow suit.

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 03:59:09 pm »

More fun's going to occur if the US formally intervenes and we refuse to. Definitly gonna be Iraq MK2 if that happens.
I don't think our Army has the manpower to do a third front, think the only divisions not understaffed are the Gurkas.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 04:04:14 pm »
I thank that video for the mental image of Obama and Putin in a literal dick waving contest.

I'd love to know why Russia is defending Syria even with their recent actions. I know you want to be an antagonistic ass Putin, but is now really the time?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 04:05:53 pm »

It should be noted, however, that the vote was non-binding, though in practice if the government goes against the expressed wishes of the Commons bad things will ensue.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 04:23:00 pm »
I'm turning WWIII into a drinking game. One shot for each city flattened. Who's with me?

it'll drown out my sorrows, but i prefer chugging pints rather than shots, hope that's ok. i'm in.

the world never seems to learn, does it?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 05:24:18 pm »
Putin's bluffing. Nobody would start a nuclear war, not over a tiny little naval base.

Now, I think it would be a mistake to bomb Syria.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 05:38:14 pm »
Small note.  John Kerry is no longer a Senator.  He's the Secretary of State.

Ironbite-just being pedantic.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 05:42:02 pm »
One of the things I hate most about this is watching John "Vietnam Veterans Against War" Kerry argue in favour of a bombing campaign.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 05:49:56 pm »
I thank that video for the mental image of Obama and Putin in a literal dick waving contest.

I'd love to know why Russia is defending Syria even with their recent actions. I know you want to be an antagonistic ass Putin, but is now really the time?

I'm gonna come along and explain the Russia/Syria thing. Russia has bases they really want to stay open in Syria. Russia has also beefed up Syria over the years where military stuff is concerned. Syria had a bunch of SIGs because of Russia. The Russia/Syria agreements have been there since before Putin.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 06:03:56 pm »
Small note.  John Kerry is no longer a Senator.  He's the Secretary of State.

Ironbite-just being pedantic.
I probably could've reread the LA Times article for that. Didn't really care enough to check.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 08:46:52 pm »

I'm gonna come along and explain the Russia/Syria thing. Russia has bases they really want to stay open in Syria. Russia has also beefed up Syria over the years where military stuff is concerned. Syria had a bunch of SIGs because of Russia. The Russia/Syria agreements have been there since before Putin.
Also China has agreements wth Sudan and Syria for other things (in Sudan it's oil) Basically US and EU focus on the wealthy middle east and Russia and China get the poor half

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 10:03:58 pm »
Well here's a fun story that just happened. Me and my little brother had just pulled in to our driveway on the way back from going to pick up food for dinner and he gets oout to open the gate. Once he gets out I'm fiddling with buttons trying to figure out how to turn off the light I accidentally turned on earlier. In the process I hit a button that changes the radio station to Dan Savage's Savage Nation.

Oh boy, I think I lost noticeable brain mass from that minute of listening to it. He said Something to the effect of -

"I've been watching the BBC and they're reporting what the American news stations won't, that US warships have been sighted of the coast of Iceland (I think that's what he said) on their way to Syria. Obama's going to strike Syria in the night while Americans are too busy partying to care!

Obama needs to be impeached. He should be dragged before the war crimes tribunal in the Hague! These are definitely war crimes he's committing! He's attacking Syria after they used chemicals once! The recent attack hasn't even been confirmed and it's probably the rebels!

This is nothing like the Holocaust. Even if it was it would be like bombing the trains of prisoners to stop it!"

At this point my little brother was getting back in the car and I promptly shut the radio off, both because I couldn't listen to it anymore and because I didn't want to expose my little brother to the concentrated stupid that was spewed forth.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 10:09:50 pm »
Oh hohohohoho Dan Savage. Wow.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!