Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1114150 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2355 on: July 03, 2013, 10:54:51 pm »
Something I've always wanted to ask rabid pro-lifers is if they would abort if they found out they were pregnant with the Antichrist.

They would say the child has freewill.
Which is funny, because they always say that the person that they think is the Antichrist this moment needs to die.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

wrightway

« Reply #2356 on: July 03, 2013, 10:59:35 pm »
Something I've always wanted to ask rabid pro-lifers is if they would abort if they found out they were pregnant with the Antichrist.

Which is funny, because they always say that the person that they think is the Antichrist this moment needs to die.

They also get super pissy if you remind them that the Antichrist is preordained per their flavor of Christianity. He has no choice as he was a vessel prechosen by god for a divine purpose much the same as Jesus. Thus negating the child's freewill.

No, I've never had this argument before. (*s)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2357 on: July 03, 2013, 11:05:39 pm »

They also get super pissy if you remind them that the Antichrist is preordained per their flavor of Christianity. He has no choice as he was a vessel prechosen by god for a divine purpose much the same as Jesus. Thus negating the child's freewill.

They get even pissier when you remind them they keep begging for Jesus to come, but forget that for Armageddon to come, the Antichrist must be here. No Antichrist = No Rapture or Armageddon (and I've been so avoiding using the much more swear-filled Manson song title in place of Armageddon).
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2358 on: July 03, 2013, 11:13:07 pm »

They get even pissier when you remind them they keep begging for Jesus to come, but forget that for Armageddon to come, the Antichrist must be here. No Antichrist = No Rapture or Armageddon (and I've been so avoiding using the much more swear-filled Manson song title in place of Armageddon).

You realize most of them do want Armageddon. Some have even said stuff like, "Imagine how beautiful it will be to see all the heathens burn!*"

*I'm pretty sure I've seen something to that effect on the main page multiple times.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2359 on: July 03, 2013, 11:23:15 pm »

You realize most of them do want Armageddon. Some have even said stuff like, "Imagine how beautiful it will be to see all the heathens burn!*"

*I'm pretty sure I've seen something to that effect on the main page multiple times.
That's my point. They keep freaking out that so-and-so is the Antichrist (like, Obama or Marilyn Manson), yet logically, they should be trying to warn people and trying to defeat them, they should be so friggin happy. If they beat the Antichrist or kill him, Apocalypse goes the way of Firefly.

wrightway

« Reply #2360 on: July 03, 2013, 11:28:39 pm »

That's my point. They keep freaking out that so-and-so is the Antichrist (like, Obama or Marilyn Manson), yet logically, they should be trying to warn people and trying to defeat them, they should be so friggin happy. If they beat the Antichrist or kill him, Apocalypse goes the way of Firefly.

This a thousand times. If they want to shout "come lord Jesus" shouldn't they be trying to encourage the "downfall of morality?"

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2361 on: July 03, 2013, 11:39:36 pm »

This a thousand times. If they want to shout "come lord Jesus" shouldn't they be trying to encourage the "downfall of morality?"
Well, no, but they shouldn't complain. If they encourage it, they are a part of it and also damned in their eyes. But if they don't give a fuck, then things progress the way they need.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2362 on: July 04, 2013, 07:01:09 pm »

Someone responded to the poster with this:

This is something I feel compelled to talk about as a white person.

In very, very few situations have I been a minority. I went to a racially diverse high school and now a racially diverse college and I can still, at any given moment, count on turning my head and seeing someone that looks like me. I would say that GSU’s racial make-up ensures a similar experience for students of most othet backgrounds, which is a glorious thing.

I think it’s awesome that so many culturally and racially infused clubs exist at GSU. It’s nice that the university holds to its promise to support diversity.

Recently, a white student union was chartered and it troubles me deeply. The club itself is a problem, but the language presented on this flyer is what ultimately inspired me to write this.

This club was chartered not in an effort to promote community amongst a group of people but as a retaliation against other groups joining together to promote community. The flyer indicates that blatantly.

As far as I’m concerned, the last time a group of white people banded together as a retaliation against minority cultural unity, they called it the KKK.

White students do not need a club to find each other on campus. They don’t need a safe space to discuss the consequences of being a racial minority. The university system in general is a white student union.

Cultural and racial community groups should not be started in an effort to make a point. They should be created as an open space for educated dialogue about history, customs, issues, and progress. The topic of discussion should never be “Ha, we did it."

And that’s all I have to say about that.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2363 on: July 04, 2013, 07:28:33 pm »
Sums it up better than a million angry screeds.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2364 on: July 04, 2013, 08:27:59 pm »
The person responding to the poster put it a lot better than I ever could have.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2365 on: July 05, 2013, 09:28:28 am »
And to add: at college you have a bunch of frats and sororities, too. That are ultra-white. So a white "club" isn't needed.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #2366 on: July 06, 2013, 10:06:32 pm »
Schizophrenia is sad, and mildly entertaining. 
(click to show/hide)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2367 on: July 06, 2013, 10:12:18 pm »
Honestly that guy is o messed up I dont hold it against him

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2368 on: July 06, 2013, 10:26:20 pm »
Schizophrenia is sad, and mildly entertaining. 
(click to show/hide)
The most disturbing thing is that it's, according to his house, in Lake County, Ohio. I used to live in Lake County, Florida, and we had a dude down the road with a truck we called the Obamunism mobile, because it had tons of stuff like that on it, with Obamunism on the side.

Offline Mister Argent!

• Neonate
  • JINKIES!
« Reply #2369 on: July 07, 2013, 11:49:58 am »
Somehow i'm reminded of the Toynbee Tiles.
Avatar from the artwork for "MDK2" (PC/Mac/PS2/Dreamcast).