Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 639702 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #2340 on: December 01, 2013, 06:41:31 pm »
.........Uh....
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2341 on: December 01, 2013, 10:37:52 pm »
yeah, what? Trixie's an illusionist, not a knife thrower.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #2342 on: December 02, 2013, 10:56:16 pm »
That's at least funnier.

... come to think of it, I was going to give Steven Universe a shot.  Better than most of the dreck they have lately on Cartoon Network.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2343 on: December 03, 2013, 03:25:14 am »
I have no idea what to think of Steven Universe, and I'm not sure I want to know O_o

I do know that I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of Uncle Grandpa before I came to the conclusion that, while I find absurdity inherently funny, Uncle Grandpa was just too absurd to be funny.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #2344 on: December 03, 2013, 06:26:49 pm »
My first thought? "The people that really truly like Uncle Grandpa are probably the same ones that got pissed off over how Derpy was portrayed in The Last Roundup."

Me? I find it so lolrandom that I'm of the opinion that even Pinkie would be put off by it.

Formerly Priestling

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #2345 on: December 03, 2013, 11:40:32 pm »
My first thought? "The people that really truly like Uncle Grandpa are probably the same ones that got pissed off over how Derpy was portrayed in The Last Roundup."

Me? I find it so lolrandom that I'm of the opinion that even Pinkie would be put off by it.
The only place characters that obnoxiously Gary Sue-ish deserve be is in a Foundation/GOC termination log.

... now I want to write a 'Pinkie Meets The SCP' fic... because the one Twilight fic we got died on the vine.

Formerly Priestling

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2346 on: December 04, 2013, 12:56:06 am »

The only place characters that obnoxiously Gary Sue-ish deserve be is in a Foundation/GOC termination log.
... now I want to write a 'Pinkie Meets The SCP' fic... because the one Twilight fic we got died on the vine.
Ask and though shall receive http://quadren4.deviantart.com/art/SCP-Containment-is-magic-Page-2-322452010

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2347 on: December 05, 2013, 01:55:27 am »
I have no idea what to think of Steven Universe, and I'm not sure I want to know O_o

I do know that I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of Uncle Grandpa before I came to the conclusion that, while I find absurdity inherently funny, Uncle Grandpa was just too absurd to be funny.

It's like they tried to combine Spongebob and Adventure Time based on what they remember of a summary of both given to them by a junior high school pothead.

Terrible.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2348 on: December 06, 2013, 06:11:46 pm »
Looks like they finally released a soundtrack on iTunes.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2349 on: December 06, 2013, 10:34:19 pm »
Looks like they finally released a soundtrack on iTunes.

I saw the list.  The only major disappointment I have with it is the distinct lack of an extended opening theme.  Having said that, it's pretty cool that they even did it at all.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #2350 on: December 06, 2013, 11:18:53 pm »
Finally, a high quality version of The Smile Song without any sound effects in the background. A low quality version was leaked in 2011.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2351 on: December 07, 2013, 02:38:30 pm »
Just saw new episode. solid 7/10, bretty good. Rainbow completely spazzing out does get a little annoying after a while. Pinkie is still the greatest.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2352 on: December 07, 2013, 05:30:32 pm »
Saw the episode myself.

It was an okay episode.  Not the greatest, but I can't really say it was awful either.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2353 on: December 07, 2013, 06:43:04 pm »
Just saw new episode. solid 7/10, bretty good. Rainbow completely spazzing out does get a little annoying after a while. Pinkie is still the greatest.
I thought it sucked, the whole thing consisted of that guy sitting their until the end where he turned he head towards the camera and started screaming.

Are you okay?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2354 on: December 08, 2013, 04:15:00 pm »
Yeah.  I mean, Regular Show is actually on the list, it shouldn't be there at all.

(Just kidding, I know what you're referring to, and all I can say is that, while I wouldn't put it past certain parts of the brony fandom, I think that there might actually be enough numbers in the brony fandom to support the votes)