Author Topic: The "firepool" is necesary.  (Read 886 times)

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
The "firepool" is necesary.
« on: December 20, 2013, 01:50:03 am »
Some background into the story:
The ever illustrious South African President Jacob Zuma built himself a mansion in Nkandla using taxpayer money to the tune of about 200million. The public protector investigated and her report was leaked that basically condemned the president for his clearly corrupt actions.

Well yesterday the government cronies in an attempt to whitewash the story and spin the damage control released this at a press conference yesterday. Personally I found it both hilarious and just a little depressing that they actually thought answers like these would fly.

Give them a read, they should make you laugh.

Explanation of Nkandla upgrades

The original story live updates

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: The "firepool" is necesary.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 11:17:31 am »
Dude's a total scumbag...

It's going to be a long and arduous journey for SA if corrupt officials keep getting into power. I hope it does not come to the point where legitimate journalists and news sources get squelched for reporting such abuses, and that education reforms lead to the majority voters being able to understand the real issues beyond the campaigning hype. Sloganism and smear campaigns erode democracies, as is happening here, too.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.