Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 274977 times)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #990 on: June 07, 2014, 12:20:01 am »
I went to see The Fault in Our Stars ( I cried, movies have been doing that to me alot lately.) and X-Men Days of Future Past, I liked it.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #991 on: June 08, 2014, 02:45:27 pm »
Edge of Tomorrow.

It looks on the surface like another generic sci-fi action movie that's all about the star power and pretty CGI. It turns out it's actually one of the best movies released in 2014 so far.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #992 on: June 11, 2014, 02:40:08 pm »
Edge of Tomorrow.

It looks on the surface like another generic sci-fi action movie that's all about the star power and pretty CGI. It turns out it's actually one of the best movies released in 2014 so far.

When I heard about this Cruise movie I first thought that they had stolen the concept from All you need is kill but turns out that it really is officially based on that manga. I read a few chapters but although I liked the concept for some reason I just didn't like it enough to keep on reading. (Which is weird, but human mind is strange.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #993 on: June 11, 2014, 06:05:54 pm »
Edge of Tomorrow.

Ditto. Also,

(click to show/hide)
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #994 on: June 12, 2014, 02:04:26 am »
Edge of Tomorrow.

Ditto. Also,

Me three.  The trailers didn't exactly get me hyped for this, but the reviews were excellent so I checked it out and yeah, it's pretty damned good.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #995 on: June 15, 2014, 03:08:57 pm »
Fault In Our Stars. Amazing movie. Everybody cried.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #996 on: June 17, 2014, 10:28:52 pm »
Edge of Tomorrow. Cool concept, though I felt the WW2 references were a little overplayed.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #997 on: June 18, 2014, 07:33:27 am »
Gravity. Or as I like to call it, Physics Don't Work That Way: The Movie.

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #998 on: June 21, 2014, 11:27:24 pm »
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #999 on: June 21, 2014, 11:28:54 pm »
The Lego Movie.

I am late, but happy it's out.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #1000 on: June 29, 2014, 06:24:10 am »
Transformers AOE, which was pretty good for a Bay movie.

It opened up some interesting subplots, had interesting designs, a badass main villain in Lockdown (His face is a gun!), and the MOTHERFUCKING T REX!

The little subtle upgrade Optimus got when he drew the sword is interesting-looking as well, really gives off that knight vibe.

In other words, I'd recommend it.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1001 on: June 30, 2014, 04:54:11 pm »
Elysium.  It was ok I guess, it certainly wasn't horrible, but I found myself constantly asking questions all of which began with "why".  Such as:

(click to show/hide)

Also, for me all the bad guys were a little too moustache twirlingly evil for my liking.  I'm not even 100% sure what all their motivations were other than being just evil and batfuck insane.  And kind of "racist" in the case of Jodie Foster's character.  Yeah in real life some people are just isnane psychopathes but that doesn't make for very interesting characters in works of fiction.  It just felt like the mvoie was trying too hard to make the audience hate the bad guys and in doing so made them a bit cartoonish.

Despite all that nit-picking the film, as I said, isn't terible it's just not as well thought out as it should have been.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1002 on: June 30, 2014, 06:09:45 pm »
Regarding your spoiler:

(click to show/hide)
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1003 on: July 01, 2014, 04:06:18 am »
Regarding your spoiler:

(click to show/hide)

I don't remember that bit.  I might have missed it being distracted thinking about something else in the film that was bugging me lol.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1004 on: July 01, 2014, 06:55:36 am »
Regarding your spoiler:

(click to show/hide)

I don't remember that bit.  I might have missed it being distracted thinking about something else in the film that was bugging me lol.
(click to show/hide)

And I do agree that the ending is more than a little silly. It was just so utopistic and made it look like they could have fixed all the problems in the world and had the resources for it but for some reason just didn't. (Maybe they were libertarians and did not support universal healthcare?)

(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!