Author Topic: TV shows that need to die  (Read 87830 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: TV shows that need to die
« Reply #330 on: November 18, 2012, 06:09:51 am »
How I Met Your Mother, there's a show who's time has come.

That show and the Smurfs movie are among the reasons I fucking hate Neil Patrick Harris' guts.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #331 on: November 18, 2012, 08:10:33 am »
The last season of "South Park" was weak, so I think it's time for them to hang it up before they descend into "Family Guy" post-comeback levels of badness.

There were a few gems this season. I agree, though. The last couple of seasons have been more meh than not.

It's important to bear in mind that the show has been running for 15 years and has had the same two writers who do the lion's share of the writing. It's pretty impressive how much those guys have been able to squeeze out of their heads.

I'm not sure I'm ready to give it up just yet. Maybe one more season of duds will do it.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #332 on: November 18, 2012, 03:28:23 pm »
How I Met Your Mother was fantastic. But then I just stopped watching it because it dragged on...and on...and on. The last 3 episodes would be endless flashbacks of the previous episodes of how everything led up to meeting the mother
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #333 on: November 18, 2012, 05:14:25 pm »
HE'S BEEN TELLING THE STORY OF HOW HE DIDN'T MEET THE KIDS MOTHER FOR 8 FUCKING YEARS!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #334 on: November 23, 2012, 08:29:00 pm »
NFL Rush Zone: Season of the Guardians

American Football is already over-glorified enough as it is.  Do we we really need a shitty superheroes version of it?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:34:04 pm by Zachski »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #335 on: November 23, 2012, 09:00:39 pm »
I know I've mentioned this before but it bears repeating; Spongebob Squarepants

(click to show/hide)

Yep, defiantly time for it to go.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #336 on: November 25, 2012, 04:11:30 am »
NFL Rush Zone: Season of the Guardians

American Football is already over-glorified enough as it is.  Do we we really need a shitty superheroes version of it?

Wait, what?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #337 on: November 25, 2012, 04:36:25 am »
On NickToons, there's this show called NFL Rush: Season of the Guardians.

Basically there's a villain that wants to end football forever and there's these kids who have football related superpowers who have been assigned to be the guardians of football.

Or at least that's what I gather from the commercials.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #338 on: November 25, 2012, 04:48:51 am »

Basically there's a villain that wants to end football forever and there's these kids who have football related superpowers who have been assigned to be the guardians of football.

That sort of show would be so much more interesting if American Football were replaced by some kind of blood sport (anything the Romans or Aztecs came up with should suffice).

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #339 on: November 25, 2012, 02:13:04 pm »
I know I've mentioned this before but it bears repeating; Spongebob Squarepants

(click to show/hide)

Yep, defiantly time for it to go.

They look like creatures from Silent Hill rather than kid's cartoon characters. I really miss the show before the movie...
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #340 on: November 25, 2012, 06:11:29 pm »
The movie was supposed to be the series finale.

And it really should've been, too.  I mean, I never liked Spongebob, but my boyfriend did... also until after the movie, now he hates it because of how it got ruined.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2012, 09:43:25 pm »

That sounds like possibly the worst idea for a show. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't they??

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #342 on: November 26, 2012, 09:56:11 pm »

That sounds like possibly the worst idea for a show. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't they??

Seems like it.

It's a pity because this is the same channel that brought us Avatar: The Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #343 on: November 26, 2012, 10:33:40 pm »
The movie was supposed to be the series finale.

And it really should've been, too.  I mean, I never liked Spongebob, but my boyfriend did... also until after the movie, now he hates it because of how it got ruined.

Yeah, the show's creator planned the movie as a finale because he was leaving Nick shortly afterwards. But Nick wanted the show to go on and now we have... that.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2012, 08:41:48 pm »
hard for to make too many contributions since if I dont' lieka show I just stop watching it and forget it existed.

However...  ghost hunters.

Seriously, do they ever have any other plot beyond "Did you hear that?"  "Dude what is that sound"  and "OMG THERE"S A NOISE!"

I mean one episode had them hearing a growling sound.. in a zoo.  And they had no clue where it could be coming from.

And there's BEY BLADE

I still cant' believe  they actually found a show dumber  and more of an obvious half hour commercial then yu gi oh but they did.

It's friggin TOPS people!  They don't have spirits, they aren't part of some ancient conspiracy to power, they are FRIGGIN SPINNING PIECES OF PLASTIC.

GAH!!  WHARGARBLE!!!!

1. Fred: The Show. Anyone remember the obnoxious Fred video series on YouTube? The irritating guy whose voice is altered to be dramatically higher than usual? Yeah, it's a show now. It follows his life as a high school teenager who has painfully stupid conflicts, like forgetting to study for a history test. And yes, he's still got that awful voice. If there's one thing that makes me cringe, makes me wish I could listen to a chorus of nails on thousands of chalkboards, it's his voice. He's not entertaining in any way, and I can't imagine why anyone would willingly subject themselves to such absolute shit.

I admit if anyone could make me change my position on teen age suicid, it's probably this guy.

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor