Author Topic: TV shows that need to die  (Read 87905 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: TV shows that need to die
« Reply #390 on: December 10, 2012, 12:46:08 am »
The odd thing is both my sister and I are autistic.  She likes Sheldon I want to kill the guy.  His gag is he's autistic laugh at him.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #391 on: December 10, 2012, 10:32:52 am »
The Big Bang Theory is pathetic. It tries waaaay too hard to be something it's not.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Saturn500

« Reply #392 on: December 10, 2012, 05:47:11 pm »
The Big Bang Theory is pathetic. It tries waaaay too hard to be something it's not.

I like it...

Though it was definitely way better when it was less about the Shamy. In other words, the series started going way downhill after Season 3.

Why do I get the feeling that's what you're talking about?

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #393 on: December 10, 2012, 05:51:57 pm »
Nah, I never liked the show from day one. I want to deck most of the characters, especially Sheldon.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #394 on: December 10, 2012, 06:55:54 pm »
You know, I'd heard a lot of good things about The Big Bang Theory, but nobody told me what kind of show it was, so I was led to believe it was a little more.. intelligent. I was extremely disappointed when I actually watched it and found out it was... a sitcom... about what some screenwriter thinks geeks are like. Maybe it was just the episode I watched, but it seemed like all the jokes boiled down to "look how socially awkward these people are! Funny!"

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Saturn500

« Reply #395 on: December 10, 2012, 07:04:23 pm »
You know, I'd heard a lot of good things about The Big Bang Theory, but nobody told me what kind of show it was, so I was led to believe it was a little more.. intelligent. I was extremely disappointed when I actually watched it and found out it was... a sitcom... about what some screenwriter thinks geeks are like. Maybe it was just the episode I watched, but it seemed like all the jokes boiled down to "look how socially awkward these people are! Funny!"

As I hinted at before, the show was much more intelligent until the start of season 4. Maybe the people who told you about it hadn't watched past the end of the third season.

These days, it's dangerously close to becoming lowest-common-denominator drivel. Hell, to some fans, it's already too late.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #396 on: December 10, 2012, 08:40:46 pm »
I didn't even know there was a new Ninja Turtles...*has 80s cartoon flashback*

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irwbj3ZwJjc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irwbj3ZwJjc</a>

All of the squee.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #397 on: December 10, 2012, 08:46:26 pm »
Actually, the new TMNT cartoon had a fight scene that was, shot for shot, an homage to a similar fight scene from the comics -- the ones that predated the cheesy cartoon we all know and love, and was known for being much darker and edgier.

I'm still not interested in it, but then my TMNT phase was short as a kid.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #398 on: December 11, 2012, 12:24:09 am »
I kinda like the new TMNT (never was a big TMNT fan I saw the reboot that came on in 03 I  believe and I never saw the 80's cartoon since I was born in the mid 90's)

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #399 on: December 11, 2012, 12:39:27 am »
Actually, the new TMNT cartoon had a fight scene that was, shot for shot, an homage to a similar fight scene from the comics -- the ones that predated the cheesy cartoon we all know and love, and was known for being much darker and edgier.

I'm still not interested in it, but then my TMNT phase was short as a kid.

The new one seems to be mixing and matching elements from the other incarnations and doing their own thing at the same time. I did watch the first several episodes before giving up... some things are a bit 'off' (Donatello has a high, nasally voice and a pronounced lisp, for one).
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #400 on: December 12, 2012, 07:23:47 pm »
The odd thing is both my sister and I are autistic.  She likes Sheldon I want to kill the guy.  His gag is he's autistic laugh at him.

He seems more like a infantile border line sociopath then autistic.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
« Reply #401 on: December 12, 2012, 08:01:39 pm »

That's what happens when somebody who doesn't get psychology reads a description of autism and wildly misinterprets it. Autism symptoms before it was recognized as a spectrum disorder: trouble with empathy and social cues, limited range of interests, may not be fully developed emotionally. Symptoms of sociopathy: lack of empathy, may not be fully developed emotionally. Somebody who's unaware of the differences between them can really do damage.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #402 on: December 12, 2012, 08:35:52 pm »

That's what happens when somebody who doesn't get psychology reads a description of autism and wildly misinterprets it. Autism symptoms before it was recognized as a spectrum disorder: trouble with empathy and social cues, limited range of interests, may not be fully developed emotionally. Symptoms of sociopathy: lack of empathy, may not be fully developed emotionally. Somebody who's unaware of the differences between them can really do damage.

Huh? I know the difference, In early episodes he was just weird and mildly annoying. Newer episodes the writers seem to be making him into an unlikable, irritating, ass.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
« Reply #403 on: December 13, 2012, 12:36:50 am »

Huh? I know the difference, In early episodes he was just weird and mildly annoying. Newer episodes the writers seem to be making him into an unlikable, irritating, ass.

I was saying the writers don't know (or don't care) about the difference. He's getting the Flanderization treatment...
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #404 on: December 14, 2012, 07:05:41 pm »
We're living in a weird age where we currently have some of the best and deepest TV shows ever produced and yet at the same time we also have the most vacuous and shameful TV shows ever produced.

It is the best of times, it is the blurst of times?
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.