Author Topic: TV shows that need to die  (Read 87728 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: TV shows that need to die
« Reply #450 on: January 27, 2013, 12:15:29 pm »
Yard Crashers is the worst thing ever. It almost always results in all the grass being ripped up and replaced with a glamorous patio and other useless stuff, like waterfalls.

Eh, I can understand why some people would want to do this. Once a patio is in, you can basically forget about it except for cleaning and resealing every few years.

Yeah. Those people don't have kids or dogs.

That too. It's sad because the project will be finished, and the family's poor dog wanders into the backyard and can't do a damn thing. Selfish pricks.

My sister knows of this first hand, someone paved most of their backyard before they bought the house. There's only a few grassy areas, thankfully their dogs have adapted to it.

Saturn500

« Reply #451 on: April 07, 2013, 01:33:32 pm »
[Watches the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory]

Well, I'm joining the "BBT Sucks" club.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #452 on: April 07, 2013, 01:40:50 pm »
A Twitter bud of mine thinks that BBT is still good, and the latest eps have been the best ever.  Meh, I dunno.  Mind, I wasn't into it really when it started, though parts of it did give me a chuckle. 

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #453 on: April 07, 2013, 02:08:50 pm »
[Watches the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory]

Well, I'm joining the "BBT Sucks" club.

Join usssssss......
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #454 on: April 07, 2013, 06:48:35 pm »
Tosh.0

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #455 on: April 07, 2013, 07:45:25 pm »
Posers, I was hating bbt before it was cool.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #456 on: April 07, 2013, 07:58:11 pm »
Posers, I was hating bbt before it was cool.
I thought it was always cool?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #457 on: April 07, 2013, 08:34:37 pm »
I watched an ep of that....I am autistic....take a guess who made me never want to watch another ep

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #458 on: April 07, 2013, 09:03:40 pm »
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #459 on: April 08, 2013, 12:13:28 am »
Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares:

Look Gordon, it's had its day.  We all know the real reason you're in America, it's because two of your London restaurants have failed and the other lost its Michelin star.  That and the fact you lied about your time with Glasgow Rangers and the press are really interested in that.  But it's the same fucking episode every time:  You come in, the food is shite and you send it back, the chef has a hissy fit, you look for a way to humiliate the chef/owners and then the restaurant gets a transformation.  Right, episode over, see you next week.  Sorry, but The Hotel Inspector does it better and was on TV before you.  Why not another series of  The F Word instead?  That was good and at least it was novel.  This series is as stale as the food you send back.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:15:09 am by Scotsgit »
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #460 on: April 08, 2013, 12:32:37 am »

Look Gordon, it's had its day.  We all know the real reason you're in America, it's because two of your London restaurants have failed and the other lost its Michelin star.  That and the fact you lied about your time with Glasgow Rangers and the press are really interested in that.  But it's the same fucking episode every time:  You come in, the food is shite and you send it back, the chef has a hissy fit, you look for a way to humiliate the chef/owners and then the restaurant gets a transformation.  Right, episode over, see you next week.  Sorry, but The Hotel Inspector does it better and was on TV before you.  Why not another series of  The F Word instead?  That was good and at least it was novel.  This series is as stale as the food you send back.

I also like Restaurant Stakeout better than Kitchen Nightmares.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #461 on: April 08, 2013, 12:34:25 am »

I also like Restaurant Stakeout better than Kitchen Nightmares.

I've been watching a lot of Restaurant Impossible here.  yay for Robert Irvine!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #462 on: April 09, 2013, 01:46:00 am »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Spong Habsburg

• Apprentice
  • This is satire, right?
    • Hell yes!
« Reply #463 on: May 01, 2013, 07:13:43 pm »
Community. It's so sad to see a that show that used to be creative and original has settled into lazy mediocrity. The first two seasons were great (and the third season, to a slightly lesser extent), with well-written characters, fantastic writing, a real sense of warmth and a real desire to be experimental (for an NBC show, at least).
But having watched season 4 for the last few months, I've pretty much given up on it. I don't get the sense that the new showrunners really care about the show. The characters have just been turned into one-dimensional stereotypes, the intelligent humour has been reduced to "ha-ha, we're making a movie/TV reference!", and most importantly, it's just not funny anymore.
When season 3 was on the brink of cancellation, I and many other people were desperate for NBC not to cancel it. But now I kind of hope they just axe the fucking thing already.

Also, South Park and the Simpsons, neither of which have been any good for years now.
"The expression of polite horror on her face as it fell past mine, plus the sound of air whistling out of the top of her head, made me feel really crap."

If anyone's interested (probably not), I done gone and got a last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Oates_Moustache