Author Topic: TV shows that need to die  (Read 87781 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Re: TV shows that need to die
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2012, 07:54:58 pm »
I like Storage Wars. Even Storage Wars Texas has its moments, and when it comes out I might watch Storage Wars New York...

19 Kids and Counting has to go, so does The Simpsons (heard they're cancelling next year), Toddlers and Tiarra's positively disturbs me, and I don't like those Operation Repo shows. Maury Povich used to have good shows on, when he was bringing on talented kids and doing awesome makeovers, but now its all *Girl on show for 20th time with six more men* "None of them are the father!!!!" *Douche boys all jump around like idiots celebrating while girl breaks down crying*

If you want good quality programming for the kids, I'd love it if they would put Gargoyles back on TV. They had wonderful lessons on tolerance, gun safety, promoted literacy, and had awesome story lines that kept me hooked until it was cancelled.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2012, 07:58:42 pm »
Squidbillies
Why does this show even exist?

Oh come on, Squidbillies is fucking hilarious.

I will concede that most shows, even good shows, stick around far longer than they really should.  Network executives seem to milk ideas bone-dry as frequently as possible.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2012, 08:06:55 pm »
Gargoyles was my favorite show when it was on, until the third season when they fired all the writers and the show took a steep downward plunge.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2012, 08:24:35 pm »
Squidbillies
Why does this show even exist?

Oh come on, Squidbillies is fucking hilarious.

Yeah my decision to dislike you just got a whole fucking lot better.

Ironbite-let me guess you also liked 12 oz. Mouse when it was on.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2012, 08:28:39 pm »
let me guess you also liked 12 oz. Mouse when it was on.

Nah, that was more my brother's thing.

Besides, you have to admit that the character "Sheriff" on Squidbillies is awesome.

And seriously, you need to relax.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:30:49 pm by Fpqxz »

--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2012, 08:44:47 pm »
No...nothing on that show is awesome.  Squidbillies is awful television and the sooner it goes away forever the better.

Ironbite-also don't tell me to relax motherfucker...I will find you and rip your soul out your eyesocket....that I paid for.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:46:54 pm by ironbite »

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2012, 08:46:16 pm »
.Maury Povich used to have good shows on, when he was bringing on talented kids and doing awesome makeovers, but now its all *Girl on show for 20th time with six more men* "None of them are the father!!!!" *Douche boys all jump around like idiots celebrating while girl breaks down crying*

Maury has become the poor man's Jerry Springer.  I only watched it when Jack Hanna was on with the different kinds of animals, I'm sick of the whole ghetto baby mama bs, part of me feels it promotes that type of behavior, in that it gets these idiots on TV.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2012, 08:47:58 pm »
Another show to me that needs to die is the show workaholics. Also if they were to bring back a show I would love for them to bring back these two shows Important things with Demetri Martin and The Sarah Silverman Program .

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2012, 08:51:12 pm »
Another show to me that needs to die is the show workaholics. Also if they were to bring back a show I would love for them to bring back these two shows Important things with Demetri Martin and The Sarah Silverman Program .

Demetri Martin was pretty good, but I always felt Sarah Silverman was overrated.

Dave Chappelle, on the other hand...that dude should come back to television.  Pity he was basically a victim of his own success.

--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2012, 08:51:39 pm »
I don't like Squidbillies because I think it's dumb as hell, but I can't call someone's opinion wrong. That said, I would give zero fucks if it were canceled.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2012, 08:55:47 pm »
I don't like Squidbillies because I think it's dumb as hell, but I can't call someone's opinion wrong. That said, I would give zero fucks if it were canceled.

What makes it funny is that it is a parody of Southern U.S. culture, written by Southerners.  To call it "stupid" is redundant because it is supposed to be stupid.

It's like complaining that "Married With Children" was trash TV.  Well no shit, it was designed to be trash TV; that's what makes it work.

--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2012, 08:59:18 pm »

What makes it funny is that it is a parody of Southern U.S. culture, written by Southerners.  To call it "stupid" is redundant because it is supposed to be stupid.

It's like complaining that "Married With Children" was trash TV.  Well no shit, it was designed to be trash TV; that's what makes it work.

I'm well aware, considering my sister and her husband have watched it a good bit. I don't care if it's designed to be stupid. I'm not entertained by that type of stupid. Thus, I don't like the damn show.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2012, 11:24:45 pm »
Gargoyles was my favorite show when it was on, until the third season when they fired all the writers and the show took a steep downward plunge.

The Goliath Chronicles *vomit* The only episode from the third season considered cannon by the fans of the show is the first episode which introduces the Quarryment. That was the last episode the series creator Greg Weisman worked on.

But if you look around, Greg Weisman continued the series through comic books.

Also, as a bit of little known trivia... did you know that Lexington is actually gay? Greg Weisman didn't dare put it in the show because it was too controversial, but I believe he is incorporating it into his comics.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2012, 11:27:35 pm »
three cheers for TV Tropes, eh Night?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2012, 12:12:23 am »
Most of Australian television. Seriously, all of our talented people go overseas...
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."