Author Topic: TV shows that need to die  (Read 87880 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: TV shows that need to die
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2012, 02:54:13 am »
My god, would that series be creepy from Edward's perspective.

Oh, it's even creepier than that. An excerpt from the draft Meyer posted on her site, from when Edward first meets Bella:

I knew what had to happen now. The girl would have to come sit beside me, and I would have to kill her.

The innocent bystanders in this classroom, eighteen other children and one man, could not be allowed to leave this room, having seen what they would soon see.I flinched at the thought of what I must do. Even at my very worst, I had never committed this kind of atrocity. I had never killed innocents, not in over eight decades.

And now I planned to slaughter twenty of them at once.

The face of the monster in the mirror mocked me. Even as part of me shuddered away from the monster, another part was planning it.

If I killed the girl first, I would have only fifteen or twenty seconds with her  before the humans in the room would react. Maybe a little bit longer, if at first they did not realize what I was doing.

She would not have time to scream or feel pain; I would not kill her cruelly. That much I could give this stranger with her horribly desirable blood.

But then I would have to stop them from escaping. I wouldn’t have to worry about the windows, too high up and small to provide an escape for anyone. Just the door—block that and they were trapped.

Still think he's the dreamiest boyfriend ever, fangirls?
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2012, 03:03:57 am »
You'd think Edward would be smart enough to, oh I don't know, find a better location than a crowded classroom to drink her blood. It's not as though it's a case of impulses taking over, seeing as he's carefully planning how to do get rid of the witnesses.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2012, 03:18:38 am »
Wow, his actor wasn't kidding about him, when he said he would be like an axe murderer.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2012, 03:50:51 am »
I have a theory that immortality makes vampires get insaner and stupider over time.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2012, 03:57:47 am »
I have a theory that immortality makes vampires get insaner and stupider over time.

Makes sense, I guess.  Although they wouldn't technically be immortal if they still have to drink blood, etc.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2012, 05:47:58 am »
There's a difference between having to drink blood, and having an intense, nearly uncontrollable craving for blood.

Some vampires fit into the latter, most fit into the former, so it's sort of a pseudoimmortality - they can stay alive forever as long as they keep drinking blood.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2012, 05:11:33 pm »
I'm surprised how little Glee was mentioned in this thread.

Teen Wolf -- another Twilight inspired tripe -- needs to be axed.
Thank God that tripe Gossip Girls is coming to it's finale.
The Simpson needs to die. As a fan of the first several season, it's just trash now. Complete and utter trash copying Seth McFarland's tactless comedy style.
Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon has ran it's course along time ago.

But to be honest, I don't watch much TV anymore.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2012, 05:57:08 pm »
I would not be disappointed if Glee were axed. I've encountered too many overly obsessed fans.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2012, 06:06:02 pm »
The only good thing about Gossip Girls, is that it pissed the shit out of fundies.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2012, 07:21:41 pm »
The only good thing about Gossip Girls, is that it pissed the shit out of fundies.

How so?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2012, 07:53:29 pm »
There has been quite a few apeshit tantrums thrown by the Parents Television Council (PTC) over the show because it shows oh the horror, teens having SEX!! A couple years ago, back when I watched a shitload of TV, I would hear about the PTC having one of their dumbass tantrums over some episode every couple of months.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2012, 10:00:28 pm »
While I don't give a shit about teens having sex, I think the teen pregnancy shows need to die. I haven't managed to sit through an episode (and what I have seen was ages ago), so I wonder whether the show glorifies pregnancy or makes it out to be a complete trainwreck and could possibly lead to teens having safer sex.

Offline banjaxed

• Neonate
  • The lurking luker
« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2012, 01:02:51 am »
While I don't give a shit about teens having sex, I think the teen pregnancy shows need to die. I haven't managed to sit through an episode (and what I have seen was ages ago), so I wonder whether the show glorifies pregnancy or makes it out to be a complete trainwreck and could possibly lead to teens having safer sex.

^^^Seriously THIS!

I remember there was one episode where one of the mom's was complaining about the lack of child support from the state and how difficult it was to raise her daughter with so little money. The very next scene she was in a plastic surgeon's office getting ready to get rather expensive breast implants.

I don't know if this was said before, but Survivor has worn its welcome and isn't even worth watching for the inevitable drama.
Geologists are the masters of subduction

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2012, 04:03:36 pm »
I'm surprised how little Glee was mentioned in this thread.

Teen Wolf -- another Twilight inspired tripe -- needs to be axed.
Thank God that tripe Gossip Girls is coming to it's finale.
The Simpson needs to die. As a fan of the first several season, it's just trash now. Complete and utter trash copying Seth McFarland's tactless comedy style.
Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon has ran it's course along time ago.

But to be honest, I don't watch much TV anymore.

...What does a Michael J. Fox movie have to do with Twilight?
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2012, 06:55:45 pm »
There's a series out now, very loosely based on the movie.