Author Topic: TV shows that need to die  (Read 87907 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: TV shows that need to die
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2012, 07:53:58 pm »
I'm surprised how little Glee was mentioned in this thread.

Teen Wolf -- another Twilight inspired tripe -- needs to be axed.
Thank God that tripe Gossip Girls is coming to it's finale.
The Simpson needs to die. As a fan of the first several season, it's just trash now. Complete and utter trash copying Seth McFarland's tactless comedy style.
Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon has ran it's course along time ago.

But to be honest, I don't watch much TV anymore.

...What does a Michael J. Fox movie have to do with Twilight?

Here's the craptastic show we're talking about.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2012, 08:36:37 pm »
I'd like to see most of these ghost hunting "reality" shows die -- particularly Paranormal State and Most Haunted.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2012, 09:12:56 pm »
I'd like to see most of these ghost hunting "reality" shows die -- particularly Paranormal State and Most Haunted.

^ THIS!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2012, 10:09:34 pm »
Paranormal State is the worst of them all, I want to punch that one kid, Ryan I think his name is, in the face.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2012, 10:21:49 pm »
Paranormal State is the worst of them all, I want to punch that one kid, Ryan I think his name is, in the face.

The thing that annoys me is that you can pick out the scripted scenes with ease, if you pay attention. Everyone's lines suddenly become stilted and unrealistic. Yet, people continue to buy into the over-the-top "evidence" they present, and the idiotic storyline about him being stalked by a demon.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2012, 10:26:04 pm »
Most Haunted is hilarious. Did you see "A Haunting In..." that Discovery Channel had as part of it's daytime lineup a few years ago? Twas a great source of after school comedy, if only because of the absurdity of "Christians" using "sacred Indian remedies" for the hauntings that would make things somehow worse, without fail, every single time. Their reenactments were classic.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2012, 10:31:38 pm »
My main problem with most of the ghost hunting shows, is that it's basicly asshat X has a "demon" problem, and don't forget kiddies JESUS is the cure.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2012, 10:41:35 pm »

I hate those shows especially for reinforcing my mom's belief in ghosts. Normally, I would enjoy them as pieces of unintended comedy, and skeptical chewthings, but I can't watch them anymore knowing that my mom is taking this shit seriously. She stores up all these examples of "evidence" to draw upon any time we get into a discussion about the validity of these things.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2012, 10:46:30 pm »
Most Haunted is hilarious. Did you see "A Haunting In..." that Discovery Channel had as part of it's daytime lineup a few years ago? Twas a great source of after school comedy, if only because of the absurdity of "Christians" using "sacred Indian remedies" for the hauntings that would make things somehow worse, without fail, every single time. Their reenactments were classic.

Heh, thank you for noticing the conflicting "remedies". I always thought that was absurd. LET'S BURN SAGE AND SAY A PRAYER FROM THE BIBLE, ONE OF THEM HAS TO DO SOMETHING, RIGHT?
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2012, 11:52:10 pm »

Heh, thank you for noticing the conflicting "remedies". I always thought that was absurd. LET'S BURN SAGE AND SAY A PRAYER FROM THE BIBLE, ONE OF THEM HAS TO DO SOMETHING, RIGHT?
Whatever it did, it always seemed to piss the "Demon" off. Part of me was always a little disappointed with the fact that nobody died in these stories. You'd think that, if there were beings that could travel between dimensions, and they got some kind of entertainment out of torturing us, that they'd be more efficient than rattling some cupboards in an old house.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2012, 12:12:48 am »
I'd like to see how they'd really handle, say, SCP-738.

For those not familiar with the SCP, it's a chair, a desk, and a nicer, plush chair.  Said plush chair is occupied by Satan's lawyer when someone sits down in the normal chair.

Here, for amusement.  Be warned, most of the site is creepypasta, but some of it is just damn fascinating and makes you wish it really existed.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-738
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2012, 04:15:47 am »
I'd love to believe in ghosts, but those shows don't help.  In fact, they seem to do the opposite.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2012, 04:09:56 pm »
I wish all the Real Housewives shows would cease to exist.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #178 on: July 09, 2012, 01:01:20 am »
I wish all the Real Housewives shows would cease to exist.

Amen.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #179 on: July 09, 2012, 06:14:53 am »
I hope the non-fiction medical shows *stay*.  I LOVE medically-themed shows, particularly when it's to do with diagnosis. I get to unleash my Inner House.  So far I think I've only missed one.  WooT!