Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 117597 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2012, 06:16:27 pm »
Maybe it's a reverse Magikarp? It kicks ass now but once it evolves it'll be as useful as a freezer in Antarctica.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2012, 06:21:27 pm »
Gyrados: *Uses Splash*

>Nothing happened!

Yeah... that's an image, hehe. :P

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2012, 07:14:36 pm »
I've had dreams where I'm getting hit on by these hot women (who sometimes practically are ripping my clothes off).  I tell them I'm taken, then wake up with a face-palm.  The thing is, my wife flat-out told me that I'm free to do whatever/ whoever I want in my dreams.  So I have her blessing, but I keep turning these women down.  UGH!

Anyone else ever have this problem?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2012, 07:18:48 pm »
I've had dreams where I'm getting hit on by these hot women (who sometimes practically are ripping my clothes off).  I tell them I'm taken, then wake up with a face-palm.  The thing is, my wife flat-out told me that I'm free to do whatever/ whoever I want in my dreams.  So I have her blessing, but I keep turning these women down.  UGH!

Anyone else ever have this problem?

I seem to have no control over who I have sex with in my dreams. I've had a few where I was doing it with a random hooker chick (I'm not attracted to girls, mind you).
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Saturn500

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2012, 07:21:26 pm »

>Nothing happened!

They do still have Splash when they first evolve, I think.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2012, 02:04:27 am »

>Nothing happened!

They do still have Splash when they first evolve, I think.

To be honest, I can't remember if they do or not.  It's been a good while since I've played.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2012, 03:15:44 am »
To be honest, I can't remember if they do or not.  It's been a good while since I've played.
Magikarp only learns splash and tackle and Gyarados learns bite at level 20 (i.e. when it evolves), dragon rage at level 23 and leer at level 26. As long as it doesn't have any moves from breeding or TMs, it's guaranteed to know splash at any level below 26.

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2012, 03:17:19 am »
Magikarp only learns splash and tackle and Gyarados learns bite at level 20 (i.e. when it evolves), dragon rage at level 23 and leer at level 26. As long as it doesn't have any moves from breeding or TMs, it's guaranteed to know splash at any level below 26.

Technically, Magikarp also learns Flail at Lv30, but really, why would you bother?
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2012, 03:18:38 am »
Technically, Magikarp also learns Flail at Lv30, but really, why would you bother?
Sure, but a level 30 Magikarp can't evolve into a level 25 or lower Gyarados.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2012, 03:55:37 pm »
Wow, so that's 2 threads that Pokemon has derailed*!

*so far
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2012, 04:19:22 pm »
I dreamed that I was carjacked by the Russian Mafia.  They were all dressed in black and carrying automatic weapons.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2012, 12:23:33 pm »
I had a dream last night that I was playing Thief, only I was in the actual game as Garrett's replacement. The setting was rather odd -- a bright outdoor area that seemed to mimic a Spyro level with its cheerful graphics. Still, I could see some shadows up ahead that would aid me in getting through the level. I just had to get past three guards. Two of the guards were females wearing dresses, walking back and forth and occasionally bumping into one another. The third was male, a traditional guard from the game. I wasn't sure how to time this properly, so I grabbed the first female guard and threw her off a ledge (apparently the level was also on platforms in the sky). I heard her scream as she fell, eventually making a dull thud as she hit whatever was down there. I felt terribly guilty for doing such a thing, but I wanted to advance in the level.

The other two guards obviously heard her scream and walked over to the ledge to see how it happened. They couldn't see me because I was well-hidden in a dark patch of shadows, but they were quite alarmed. When they returned to their original posts, I tried to make a run for it and failed, the female guard catching me before I reached more shadows. The game automatically re-loaded, and I was back in the shadows watching the three original guards there. I tried repeatedly to get past them, using every strategy I could think of, but I was always caught by one of the females. At one point I threw the male guard off the ledge, again listening to him scream until that final thud below. The screams were very disturbing, I guess because the thought of the person knowing his death is imminent while he's falling rather terrifies me.

Anyway, I was unable to get past the guards and decided that I wanted to quit the game. Well, the quit option that I chose was definitely not working well, because every enemy in the level began to chase me. I ran throughout the level trying to dodge them, but it just made things worse as the group behind me increased in size. I passed a Wii on the ground and hit the power button, figuring it would end this game immediately. Sadly, the light on it stayed green, as if it would never turn off. I kept running and running, trying to escape these enemies, some of which had impressive weapons, including a catapult. I woke up just when they were closing in on me.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Saturn500

« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2012, 01:34:36 pm »
I dreamt that may dad lost an arm, and it was replaced with a robot arm...

...When I woke up, I checked to make sure he still had both arms.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2012, 12:30:35 pm »
I had a dream in which I worked for Jimi Hendrix. Sounds awesome, right? It was not awesome. In this dream, Jimi was a sadistic, violent, asshole. He had an aura of frightening authority about him.

I don't remember exactly how I came to work for him, but I was a younger boy in this dream. Maybe about thirteen. There were a couple other kids who worked for him too, around the same age. We were basically go-fers for him, servants. Maybe more like slaves. I got the feeling that we were owned, rather than employed.

Any and every little flaw or mistake was met with burtal punishment. The other kids and I were basically like cowering dogs near the end of the dream. I summed up some courage though, after he demanded that the other kids and I kill our cats (we all had pet cats).

We all walked out in front of Jimi's headquarters, cradling our beloved cats. There was a murder booth outside. It was basically a square building with automatic sliding doors, and it was painted psychedelically. None of us wanted to do it. Jimi had secret microphones set up everywhere so he could hear everything. I went up to the other kids and whispered real softly, "I'm going to run away, you guys should come with me". A shocked and terrified look ran across their faces, and one of the kids sprinted away to go tell Jimi that I conspire.

I tried to catch her, but I was too late. Jimi was giving a tour of his headquarters to my aunt, so for a moment I thought I would be safe. The girl told Jimi that I conspire to run away, and right in front of my aunt, he said, "He won't run if he likes being alive". Then he turned away from us and continued giving the tour. I was filled with dread, but luckily I woke up around this time.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:35:06 pm by Hades »
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

shykid

« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2012, 10:04:53 am »
Hades showed me this morsel of crazy last night (epilepsy trigger warning?):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPL9ZxCOxCc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPL9ZxCOxCc</a>

I dreamt my mom's cat ran a phone-sex hotline from within our house. For some reason, I doubt that was the intended "very specific dream."