Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462159 times)

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #930 on: August 28, 2012, 12:43:30 pm »
Speaking of Guild Wars 2, apparently people are being banned for bad language, some people claiming they hadn't said anything bad at all and wanting to know why they were banned.  Then a support team member from Arenanet starts showing why these people are banned and some of them are hillarious.  From the things they say or from names like 'ballsacklarry'.

Example:

It just shows that people are butthurt for their actions and try to make a game look bad.

I just saw a guy with the in-game name "Murderboner". Ten bucks says he'll be complaining about being banned.
I'm glad ANet is trying to keep the community friendly.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #931 on: August 28, 2012, 01:10:08 pm »
Some of these are hilarious. "GUYS WHAT DID I DO WRONG!?", followed by:

The name's fine. The chat? No so much: Bixx: Get out of here you gag faggot.

Name: OK Chat: Not ok -- "i AM A DOG YOU NIGGER"

Name: OK Chat -- not ok: "im gonna shove my cock up your asshole"

Name: OK Chat: Not ok -- "lets fuck these niggers ."
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #932 on: August 28, 2012, 10:59:01 pm »
I made this in Technic toady!

Tha fuck is it?  IT MAKES DIAMONDS, BITCH!  Outta nothin but coal and gravel, with an optional input for pre-made flint, so it don't gotta be macerated.  I don't even need to mine obsidian, because I've got a condenser set up that turns 1 in every 4 pieces of coal I use into obsidian, since each bit of coal nets me several pieces obsidian, and it only goes in at the 2nd to last step in the process (before final compression), so I can have a healthy stock before I even really need it.

Oh, and my macerators and compressors?  Rotary macerators and singularity compressors, actually.

No, Hisao, I don't fuck around when it comes to machines.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #933 on: August 28, 2012, 11:11:22 pm »
I believe you can condense diamonds directly from Industrialcraft power, if I recall correctly. Just hook up a nuclear reactor or a few high voltage solar arrays and it'll spit out a steady stream of diamonds, or anything else you care to produce.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #934 on: August 29, 2012, 01:44:00 am »
Aye, I know you can do it with a mass fabricator, but each diamond requires 9 UU-Matter, and even with several overclocked recyclers feeding into the mass-fab, it takes foreeeeeeeeeeeeever to be able to make anything decent out of it.  It took me about 1 Minecraft day to get a piece of iridum ore (which requires 7 UU-Matter) for my quantum armor.  In one Minecraft day, my current setup's given me 5 diamonds, and its not like coal and gravel are particularly difficult to find, let alone acquire, given that I've got a full compliment of red matter tools, not to mention 5 alchemy bags.

Hell, I've been spending a lot of my time crystal hunting, as I'm finally getting into Thaumcraft.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:45:34 am by RavynousHunter »

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #935 on: August 29, 2012, 03:15:26 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvhQZoyZn1g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvhQZoyZn1g</a>

Was that guy baking bread? If so, FUCKING SOLD

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #936 on: August 29, 2012, 03:44:10 pm »
I saw a mod that more or less had the exact same method of building your house (though it was always in a single location) and, well...

I'm kinda impressed and disappointed with that DLC at the same time, in a strange dichotomy of emotions that I don't know how to handle.

While I am glad that there's going to be some official support for adoption and these other things, it just feels like they took a bunch of mods, potentially improved upon them, and then packed them as a DLC.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #937 on: August 29, 2012, 03:55:42 pm »
While I am glad that there's going to be some official support for adoption and these other things, it just feels like they took a bunch of mods, potentially improved upon them, and then packed them as a DLC.
If you ask me, it's slightly better than the Minecraft model. That is, take a bunch of mods, make them significantly worse and release them as updates.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #938 on: August 29, 2012, 03:55:57 pm »
Keep in mind, this DLC is only 5 dollars.

I'm really excited about this because I play on the 360 and one thing this game was missing was the ability to set up your own "home base." The default player houses just don't do it for me.

Also, I would totally adopt Aventus Aretino. He's the most famous dude in Skyrim. You chat with some dude all the way in Morthal and he's like "HEY BUDDY, YOU HEARD ABOUT THAT AVENTUS ARETINO!? FUUUUCKED UP!"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:57:49 pm by VirtualStranger »

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #939 on: August 30, 2012, 01:12:03 am »
Now that Guild Wars 2 is released, I don't see much on the road for the future.  The only things I hear about now are the Elder Scrolls MMO which almost everyone believes that I have seen that it will be a failure. And World of Darkness which we probably won't get anything solid on until at least mid-2013.  Am I missing anything?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #940 on: August 30, 2012, 01:23:54 am »
I find it silly that they're judging a game to suck before they've even seen screenshots, let alone gameplay.

I'm not saying it won't suck, because I have no idea what it's going to involve yet.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #941 on: August 30, 2012, 01:34:20 am »
I find it silly that they're judging a game to suck before they've even seen screenshots, let alone gameplay.

I'm not saying it won't suck, because I have no idea what it's going to involve yet.

Screenshots already exist: 1 2 3  4

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #942 on: August 30, 2012, 02:05:39 am »

Screenshots already exist: 1 2 3  4

Ah, I thought they were still in the concept art phase.

Still not indicative of suckitude or not, though.  No gameplay shown yet.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #943 on: August 30, 2012, 03:13:39 am »
I don't see anything inherently wrong with the screenshots, other than they likely mean I won't be able to play it on my laptop.  Then again, its Elder Scrolls, I didn't expect that to begin with.

Seems to me that the majority of the complaining about Elder Scrolls Online is either conjecture unsupported by any actual, ya know...facts, or the classic standby, "they changed it, therefore it sucks."

Distind

« Reply #944 on: August 30, 2012, 08:52:15 am »
Seems to me that the majority of the complaining about Elder Scrolls Online is either conjecture unsupported by any actual, ya know...facts, or the classic standby, "they changed it, therefore it sucks."
When was the last time the elder scrolls community was happy with something? They seriously have the ability to stare down the depths of the gift horse's mouth and then complain about the view.

Don't have a stick up your ass and it has some promise. I'm curious how it works myself because it does seem like a universe where an MMO actually could work.