Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462225 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #300 on: April 24, 2012, 08:58:12 pm »
I'm starting to love my soon-to-be Arcane Archer.  There's something about being able to kill skeletons with a bow on elite (which, normally, is all but impossible because of DR) that's just intensely pleasing.

I've fallen in love with my Elven Wizard that I just made.  A much different feel from my level 6 Half-Elven Sorcerer, and I think it's actually a better feel.

I'm definitely going Pale Master, simply because that self-healing is extremely delicious (not to mention the death aura is very nice to have) and because insta-kill spells will also be delicious when I get them.

However, there is one single spell I've fallen in love with.  Sound Blast.

Destroying breakables, stunning groups of enemies while dealing fairly significant sonic damage to them, oh, and it only costs 4 SP.  Love it so much.

Disrupt Undead is underwhelming damage considering that it only targets undead.  I think it could've stood to either have additional effects, or quicker-scaling damage.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #301 on: April 25, 2012, 12:39:33 am »
So while playing Hitman: Blood Money last night, I found that the only way to achieve Silent Assassin in Flatline is to kill one target in a gas explosion and crush the other under a chandelier by setting off a remote mine on the spot where it's anchored.

Call me crazy, but two explosions isn't exactly what I'd call "silent".
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:57:15 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #302 on: April 25, 2012, 05:49:00 am »
Yeah, somehow, two brutal accident in close proximity to each other and occuring within minites of each other isn't suspicious at all.  And don't forget the guy choking on his own weightlifting machine.

The main problem I had was sneaking into the morgue at the end.  You don't get SA unless you return with your suit, but since you leave from that place, you need to sneak in and leave without alerting the guards (one standing right there and one looking from the opposite building).  How did you manage to get past them?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #303 on: April 25, 2012, 05:56:48 am »
The main problem I had was sneaking into the morgue at the end.  You don't get SA unless you return with your suit, but since you leave from that place, you need to sneak in and leave without alerting the guards (one standing right there and one looking from the opposite building).  How did you manage to get past them?
Maybe it's a glitch, but it seems you're allowed in the morgue as long as you have the key. Even when an orderly walks in while I'm inside, he won't get pissed off at me unless he sees me in the act of reviving the CIA fellow.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #304 on: April 25, 2012, 12:11:14 pm »
Sleepy did not warn me of the amount of boob in Witcher 2. I have to be very careful of when I play the game now.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #305 on: April 25, 2012, 01:05:47 pm »
Sleepy did not warn me of the amount of boob in Witcher 2. I have to be very careful of when I play the game now.

XD  Yeah, I've seen some very, gratuitous parts in video game videos on youtube.  I can see how that would be surprising if you weren't expecting it.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #306 on: April 25, 2012, 01:10:44 pm »
I have the unique Gauss Rifle in New Vegas.  CARDOZAS FALL TO MY MIGHT!

Ironbite-have I mentioned how much I hate Cardozas?

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #307 on: April 25, 2012, 01:12:28 pm »

Cazadors?  Yeah I fucking hate those things with a passion.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #308 on: April 25, 2012, 01:22:06 pm »

XD  Yeah, I've seen some very, gratuitous parts in video game videos on youtube.  I can see how that would be surprising if you weren't expecting it.

I mean I had heard about it but to see it. lol

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Distind

« Reply #309 on: April 25, 2012, 04:11:27 pm »

Note, Never taunt them from a high place that they can't seem to get up. At least one of them has left to go find a way up there, and you'll barely hear the buzz before you die.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #310 on: April 25, 2012, 05:18:47 pm »
Maybe it's a glitch, but it seems you're allowed in the morgue as long as you have the key. Even when an orderly walks in while I'm inside, he won't get pissed off at me unless he sees me in the act of reviving the CIA fellow.

Sounds like when, in the first mission (not the tutorial), you can shoot the son downstairs while he's sniffing, and even if they find the body, it still counts as SA.  Weird.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #311 on: April 25, 2012, 05:52:28 pm »

I don't know how you wouldn't have expected it. The boobs were pretty much the only thing about the game that the gaming press talked about leading up to it's release.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #312 on: April 25, 2012, 06:35:24 pm »

Sounds like when, in the first mission (not the tutorial), you can shoot the son downstairs while he's sniffing, and even if they find the body, it still counts as SA.  Weird.

Between that and nobody noticing when you steal the seaplane and fly away, I have concluded that Chileans make really shitty guards.

In other news, I bought me a copy of Spacechem last night. It's a very well made programming logic based indie puzzle game. I've only just finished the training missions and the puzzles are already genuinely challenging, and this is coming from someone who almost finished Manufactoria.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:07:26 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #313 on: April 25, 2012, 07:17:22 pm »

I don't know how you wouldn't have expected it. The boobs were pretty much the only thing about the game that the gaming press talked about leading up to it's release.

I did expect it. I thought I pointed that out. What I didn't expect was the amount. Also, since I don't read bullshit like Kotaku there's a very small likelihood of me to hear about something like that ad nauseum.

In other news, I'm currently stuck on one of the boss fights in Witcher 2. I am also stuck in Mass Effect 3 trying to beat Kai Leng. So I lost my gaming mojo today. :(

&

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #314 on: April 25, 2012, 08:09:30 pm »

Note, Never taunt them from a high place that they can't seem to get up. At least one of them has left to go find a way up there, and you'll barely hear the buzz before you die.

Only way I've been able to take them out is to let them take out Boone and ED-E and then pick off the remaining ones with a hunting shotgun.

Ironbite-damn thing is money when it comes to taking 'em out.