Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462084 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #795 on: August 06, 2012, 06:15:38 pm »
K I'm kinda hoping in the next Fallout game we're able to choose other races other then human.  Would really love to play as a Ghoul or a Super Mutant.

Ironbite-no Death Claw though...that would suck.

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #796 on: August 07, 2012, 03:07:47 pm »
Also, been derping around with the latest version of Technic Minecraft.  I have to say, I think I'm gonna enjoy the electric engines.  Steam engines are cool, but require coal.  Combustion engines will blow the fuck up unless you keep em fed with water, which is just more fucking overhead.  Electric?  I got one that runs as fast as steam, and I'm running it off two low-voltage solar arrays being fed thru a MFE (after goin thru a step-down LV transformer, of course).

I got a condenser in two days.  Three days, and I've got a small solar stack going, a macerator, an extractor, a MFE, step-down transformer, and about two stacks of glass fibre cable.  I only -ever- use glass fibre cable, too...yes, its much more expensive than your standard fare, but it requires no insulation, has very little distance-based power loss (-1EU/t per 40 blocks), can handle power straight from a fucking nuclear reactor, and is totally safe to stand on.  Well, well worth the cost, if ya ask me.

I've run IC2 several times in the past and always wanted to step up to the Technic Pack. The extra stuff it adds on top of the already completely awesome IC2 stuff just sounds incredible.

That said, glass fiber cable is so outrageously expensive that I pretty much only use it to run from my nuclear reactor to an MFSU, and then from there wire things with gold or copper wire (or iron cabling for the high-end stuff). That said, I've always dreamed of building this remote nuclear complex with huge power transmission infrastructure spreading around the map. Usually I just build a massively shielded sub-basement to house the reactor.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Art Vandelay

« Reply #797 on: August 07, 2012, 06:42:33 pm »
I've run IC2 several times in the past and always wanted to step up to the Technic Pack. The extra stuff it adds on top of the already completely awesome IC2 stuff just sounds incredible.

That said, glass fiber cable is so outrageously expensive that I pretty much only use it to run from my nuclear reactor to an MFSU, and then from there wire things with gold or copper wire (or iron cabling for the high-end stuff). That said, I've always dreamed of building this remote nuclear complex with huge power transmission infrastructure spreading around the map. Usually I just build a massively shielded sub-basement to house the reactor.
I find I never need a nuclear reactor. Solar does the job just fine, especially high voltage solar arrays. It gives you assloads of power with no need to keep it supplied with uranium.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #798 on: August 07, 2012, 07:07:09 pm »

I find I never need a nuclear reactor. Solar does the job just fine, especially high voltage solar arrays. It gives you assloads of power with no need to keep it supplied with uranium.

Though, you gotta admit, there's just something inherently cool about being able to say you've got a fucking nuclear reactor powering your home.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #799 on: August 07, 2012, 08:01:50 pm »
So I've been talked into it.  Next payday, getting Skyrim.

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #800 on: August 07, 2012, 10:28:10 pm »

Nuclear power is fairly vital for producing quantum armor and maintaining a teleport network. Neither of that stuff is crucial, but it is awesome. My next stop is visiting The End to kill the Enderdragon with a laser rifle.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #801 on: August 07, 2012, 11:11:08 pm »
Am I the only one that feels like a badass when I knock Ghasts' fireballs back at them and kill them with 'em?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #802 on: August 08, 2012, 07:37:21 am »
Guys, if you have an iPhone and like free games, download "The Heist" right now. It's currently a free app and your reward for beating the game are free Steam keys for World of Goo, Puzzle Agent and Eets. I must say, it's a bloody good deal.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:51:55 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #803 on: August 08, 2012, 09:06:11 am »
So I've been talked into it.  Next payday, getting Skyrim.

Bye, ironbite. It was nice knowing you.  Once you start playing, we will never see you again. ;D
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #804 on: August 08, 2012, 05:09:38 pm »
Oh please it's not like I get obsessed with the games I play.

Ironbite-*whistles while paying no attention to his current avatar*

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #805 on: August 08, 2012, 05:52:22 pm »
So rumors say Thief 4 is gonna be launched on next gen consoles

This news reminded me that I still need to complete the first two games in the series.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #806 on: August 09, 2012, 05:54:00 am »
I just finished Puzzle Agent, and I have to say I had a great time with it. It's a blatant and unashamed Professor Layton clone, but it's a damn good Professor Layton clone. The hand drawn art style is very pleasing to the eye, the puzzles are interesting and engaging (if a little on the easy side) and it actually solves the age old point-and-click problem of having to pixel hunt for everything. It's a little on the short side, but that's to be expected from a $10 indie. All in all, I'd highly recommend it.

My favourite part of all has to be the fact that my favourite DS series of games is becoming popular enough for other developers to start making clones. It is a damn good formula, after all.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #807 on: August 09, 2012, 06:04:41 am »

Let's take a vote, how many cities in Skyrim will have a 'burn him to the ground on sight' bounty for Ironbite's character by the end of the week?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #808 on: August 09, 2012, 08:04:33 am »

Let's take a vote, how many cities in Skyrim will have a 'burn him to the ground on sight' bounty for Ironbite's character by the end of the week?

All of them?

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #809 on: August 09, 2012, 08:11:26 am »
When playing skyrim, it's incredibly useful to have a map with you. The in-game map is not very useful.

This is the best one:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/showshot.php?/skyrim/mapofskyrim/skyrimmap.png