Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 568369 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2012, 02:08:14 am »
*bro-hooves Dakota* Now if only we can convince Notch... He's still not into the show yet.

Notch is that Minecraft guy, right?  I thought he agreed to watch a few episodes if the bronies beat him in the humble bundle.  Now, not everyone is gonna like the show, but if he saw it and still isn't quite convinced, that is disappointing. :(

Ah well.  That's not gonna stop me from enjoying ponies.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2012, 10:36:11 am »
"I ferget things all the time! Like, fer example, wasn't there s'posed to be somethin' about letter-writin' at the end of this here show? Do fam'ly lessons count as frien'ship...? Oh well, we best sing to th' water instead!"
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2012, 10:57:14 am »
"I ferget things all the time! Like, fer example, wasn't there s'posed to be somethin' about letter-writin' at the end of this here show? Do fam'ly lessons count as frien'ship...? Oh well, we best sing to th' water instead!"

To be fair, only the Mane Six are supposed to write letters. And none of them were even really a part of this episode to learn a lesson about friendship.

• The Beast
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2012, 02:55:57 pm »
That's one thing that's nice about this show.  They can manage to deliver an Aesop while deviating from the formula.  Also, family lessons do count as friendship lessons, courtesy of episode 5.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2012, 03:16:08 pm »
Man, Diamond Tiara is even more of a bitch than she was in season 1.

But Granny Smith as the founder of Ponyville is just awesome. :3  Badass grannies FTW!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:35:17 pm by TheL »
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2012, 07:05:28 pm »

To be fair, only the Mane Six are supposed to write letters. And none of them were even really a part of this episode to learn a lesson about friendship.

I'm pretty sure Apple Bloom's written letters before, though.
A limerick:

"Always I'll be with you

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2012, 07:38:21 pm »

No, I'm pretty sure she hasn't.  When she formed the CMC, that was Twilight.  Both "Stare Master" and "The Show Stoppers" only had implied letters from Twilight, and "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" was another Twilight letter, in which spike lampshades the mushiness.

Technically, Apple Bloom did write a letter in this episode.  However, that was only the forgery she made with the help of the other CMC.  Y'know, the one she used to try to trick Granny Smith to leave town with.

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2012, 07:46:34 pm »

No, I'm pretty sure she hasn't.  When she formed the CMC, that was Twilight.  Both "Stare Master" and "The Show Stoppers" only had implied letters from Twilight, and "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" was another Twilight letter, in which spike lampshades the mushiness.

Technically, Apple Bloom did write a letter in this episode.  However, that was only the forgery she made with the help of the other CMC.  Y'know, the one she used to try to trick Granny Smith to leave town with.

She writes one at the end of "The Cutie Pox". Tada~
A limerick:

"Always I'll be with you

• The Beast
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2012, 08:34:15 pm »

She writes one at the end of "The Cutie Pox". Tada~

Ah, right.

So I loved this episode not only for the story, but for the little touches.  The zap apples had some awesome affects, the "idea lightbulb" bit with the lamp was damned clever, and seeing the fillies sleep through Filthy's presentation was highly amusing.  I especially found Silver Spoon and Sweetie Belle drooling to be funny, as well as Scootaloo's book faceplant.  Ya gotta love the work that the entire MLP crew put into this.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2012, 09:27:40 pm »
1. Diamond Tiara needs a fucking smackdown
2. I want some zap apples
3. Granny Smith is the coolest granny ever, I claim her as mine. ;D

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2012, 09:36:30 pm »
My favorite parts of the episode* were some of the reactions.  When Granny Smith started singing, and everyone in the background startled, with Dr. Whooves in the foreground.  And then when she tapers off her song to see the pots and pans, and the "...Really?" look that the shopkeeper gives her before suddenly going "Oh wait, customer, WELCOME!!"

Also, Scootaloo calling Applebloom a dictionary.  And then turning a light on with her head.

In fact, facial expressions were at an all time hilarious this episode.

(*fun fact: I wrote "apple" instead of "episode" at first)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

• The Beast
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2012, 02:45:15 am »
I found today's yesterday's episode epic enough to vote for in the poll on EqD to narrow down the possible episodes for the mare-athon.  Currently, it's tied in 20th place with "Bridle Gossip."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 02:47:40 am by B-Man »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2012, 04:47:20 pm »
as I attended BroNYcon and was there for the screening of the episode... there's nothing quite like two things:

1. 500 ponies singing along to the theme.

2. 500 ponies dying of laughter when Scootaloo does the dictionary line.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2012, 05:17:04 pm »
Which one-time characters would you like to see return? I'd like Steven Magnet ("water serpent"?), but I heard Glinda and Trixie have their fans.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

• The Beast
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2012, 05:32:45 pm »
Which one-time characters would you like to see return? I'd like Steven Magnet ("water serpent"?), but I heard Glinda and Trixie have their fans.

Her name is Gilda.  As far as one shot characters, I don't know who I'd like to see back.  I think seeing the cast of "Over a Barrel" again would be interesting, but I'm not sure how they'd work that into a plot.