Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076096 times)

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3120 on: January 20, 2013, 06:36:12 pm »
I ordered a new shirt off ThinkGeek a week ago, and it's still not in for two days, despite BEING IN PORTLAND SINCE YESTERDAY.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3121 on: January 20, 2013, 06:38:49 pm »
I ordered a new shirt off ThinkGeek a week ago, and it's still not in for two days, despite BEING IN PORTLAND SINCE YESTERDAY.

If it makes you feel better I'm still waiting for my Star Wars themed eyeshadow. I know it's been sent, I just don't like waiting...

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3122 on: January 21, 2013, 06:22:48 am »
At the start of the new year, CBS decided to turn AM 1090, Seattle's only liberal talk station, into a sports radio station. This is particularly annoying, as Seattle already has several sports stations, but now the only political talk radio in Seattle are the conservatives at 1590 and 770.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
« Reply #3123 on: January 21, 2013, 07:26:35 pm »
I worked out on Saturday and Sunday as part of my New Year's Resolution. Since I don't do it often, though, I might have torn something in my left arm. Hurts like hell.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3124 on: January 21, 2013, 08:56:13 pm »
My friend's sister is upset because her iPad's screen is shattered. Why? She left it on the fucking stairs, so someone (the dog, I think) accidentally stepped on it. She puts everything on the goddamn stairs. Do you really think it's a good idea to put something that breakable in the area where people walk the most? Seriously, who does that?

Dickheads
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3125 on: January 21, 2013, 10:41:35 pm »
When you realize that you left something behind, and at that point you can't go back and get it. Long story short, I forgot to pick up my W-2 form at work, I've done this with my house keys before too(left them at home, and realized it the moment I closed the door).

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
« Reply #3126 on: January 21, 2013, 10:44:56 pm »
So for years now, there's been two red, irritated splotches on my neck. They're razor bumps- basically ingrown facial hair that's most common in curly-haired men like me. I've had them since I first started shaving, because we couldn't get my dad to teach me and I had to figure it out myself, so of course I fucked up and didn't use any sort of skin cream afterwards to prevent irritation.

For the last two years, I've been trying to tell my mom we should go do something about it. She's outright refused to go to a dermatologist, and if I complain about it she just throws some acne cream or dry skin lotion at me and says it'll work. It NEVER has, and since we've left it untreated for so long there's risk of permanent damage. I called her today and she's agreed to look into a dermatologist, but she's still convinced that the totally unrelated products she already has will work. I may have to go without shaving for the next month, which will make me look incredibly stupid and unattractive.

I'm just pissed that she's been so stubborn about this for so long because she doesn't want to spend money, and that we might be doing something about it too late.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #3127 on: January 22, 2013, 01:06:15 pm »
Nobody trusts my recommendations. I find everyone always says they're not into whatever I want to show them, but if I force them to sit down and watch/read/listen to something they invariably like it and (grudgingly) admit I was right. I know what kinds of things my friends like, I don't know why they don't ever willingly listen to my recommendations.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3128 on: January 22, 2013, 07:43:13 pm »
I hate it when people who very obviously have money don't tip.

I could totally be misreading a situation or two, but come ON. If you're living alone in a freaking 3000 square foot MANSION? You have enough money to leave the dog-sitter a tip.

If your three-story mansion backs up to your own private lake on which you have parked two boats? You have enough money to leave the dog-sitter a tip.

If your dogs are expensive pure-breeds and you own more than three of them? You have enough money to leave the dog-sitter a tip.

If you own a Corvette? You can leave the dog-sitter a tip.

If you own a PORSCHE, you can afford to leave the dog-sitter a goddamn motherfucking TIP.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3129 on: January 22, 2013, 08:07:18 pm »
I refuse to respond to any joke involving the names "Pete and Re-Pete". Ever.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3130 on: January 22, 2013, 10:54:44 pm »
OK, why the hell do MRA's make no sense when debating with each other? They don't make sense grammatically at all. I'm not talking about "HUR HUR I HATE DA WIMMINS", but they use a shit ton of big words and fancy sentences that have no point. Once you manage to decipher their arguments, they're complete shit. Then when another MRA responds, they also don't make sense. The responses are generally completely unrelated, yet the OP doesn't seem to notice and gives another unrelated response.
Am I the only one who's noticed this? I have yet to see an MRA site that isn't like this.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #3131 on: January 22, 2013, 11:17:41 pm »
OK, why the hell do MRA's make no sense when debating with each other? They don't make sense grammatically at all. I'm not talking about "HUR HUR I HATE DA WIMMINS", but they use a shit ton of big words and fancy sentences that have no point. Once you manage to decipher their arguments, they're complete shit. Then when another MRA responds, they also don't make sense. The responses are generally completely unrelated, yet the OP doesn't seem to notice and gives another unrelated response.
Am I the only one who's noticed this? I have yet to see an MRA site that isn't like this.

Know what's worse than MRA's? Guys who almost get it, then fail spectacularly. As an example, this Cracked article.

So close but then... The guy went and failed so spectacularly he got misogynists and misandrists pissed at him, often for the exact same reasons!
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #3132 on: January 23, 2013, 02:57:49 pm »
I shut my thumb in the car door the other day and it's still swollen and super painful and my mom keeps telling me my nail is going to fall off. On the bright side, half my nail is a really pretty blue color.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #3133 on: January 23, 2013, 03:48:34 pm »
I shut my thumb in the car door the other day and it's still swollen and super painful and my mom keeps telling me my nail is going to fall off. On the bright side, half my nail is a really pretty blue color.
It probably will, but not until the part you smashed grows out of your finger. Had that happen to my big toe after tripping over a rock. Took a good six months to fall out, and never quite grew back in normally.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #3134 on: January 23, 2013, 04:06:15 pm »
Too fucking cold!