Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073953 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5010 on: August 31, 2013, 03:53:06 am »
The fact that some idiots can't understand why legal courts only "suspect/accuse" people of crimes before sentencing them annoys me. The latest example was a fugitive who got caught in Finland when an off duty police officer came to the barbershop at the same time as he was getting a haircut. And since one of the many things he is suspected of is a jail break (which he is obviously guilty of) some people are treating this as the final proof that Finnish legal system is a failure.

Because apparently it would be better if people guilty unless proven innocent? I mean who cares that he is merely "suspected" of escaping from prison? He is going to get proven guilty unless it turns out that this is a completely different person or that he was supposed to get out, it's just formality.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5011 on: August 31, 2013, 07:48:32 am »
I keep getting "Blurred Lines" stuck in my head, even though I hate the song.

It's better if you listen to the "Hey hey hey" part and imagine Yogi Bear. I love doing impressions of him regarding that song.

At the VMA party when he was performing with Miley Cyrus I said "Hey hey hey, imma tap that ass Boo Boo!"
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #5012 on: August 31, 2013, 08:15:33 am »
The fact that some idiots can't understand why legal courts only "suspect/accuse" people of crimes before sentencing them annoys me. The latest example was a fugitive who got caught in Finland when an off duty police officer came to the barbershop at the same time as he was getting a haircut. And since one of the many things he is suspected of is a jail break (which he is obviously guilty of) some people are treating this as the final proof that Finnish legal system is a failure.

Because apparently it would be better if people guilty unless proven innocent? I mean who cares that he is merely "suspected" of escaping from prison? He is going to get proven guilty unless it turns out that this is a completely different person or that he was supposed to get out, it's just formality.
To be fair, calling it "suspected" when the guy is supposed to be in jail but isn't does sound pretty stupid. It's a formality, but I think it's one of those things where if he tried pleading not guilty, the trial would look like this.

Prosecutor: Were you in the prison on (day)?
Defendant: No.
Prosecutor: You were supposed to be according to your sentence and prison records. The prosecution rests.

We have the same silly formality in America, and it always makes me laugh when someone is suspected or alleged after being arrested during the crime.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #5013 on: August 31, 2013, 08:56:17 am »
Fucking tv and DRM. For some reason it's not recognizing that my HDMI cables have HDCP so I can't watch anything on my Blu-Ray player or Apple TV. It's always a temporary problem, but it's irritating as hell.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #5014 on: August 31, 2013, 08:57:49 am »
Fucking tv and DRM. For some reason it's not recognizing that my HDMI cables have HDCP so I can't watch anything on my Blu-Ray player or Apple TV. It's always a temporary problem, but it's irritating as hell.
Yet another reason to pirate.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5015 on: September 01, 2013, 01:23:13 am »
Bratty fanfic writers or those that come off as such.  Is there a place (sub-forum) where I could start a thread about this?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5016 on: September 01, 2013, 01:33:55 am »
I don't know... but I'm intrigued.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5017 on: September 01, 2013, 01:40:12 am »
Try shippers ship the darnedest things.  Thats fanfic based
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5018 on: September 01, 2013, 02:01:24 am »
Try shippers ship the darnedest things.  Thats fanfic based

Yeah, but that seems more for ship fics and pairings.  I'm talking about bad fics and writers in general.  Maybe the title could be changed to "Ficcers Fic the Darndest Things?"

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5019 on: September 01, 2013, 02:21:14 am »
Make a new thread? *shrugs*

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #5020 on: September 01, 2013, 04:39:54 am »
Just make a new thread on the entertainment subforum.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5021 on: September 01, 2013, 08:05:08 am »
I have to go into work an hour early to help clean up from the place being trashed last night.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5022 on: September 01, 2013, 09:40:59 am »
I love vomiting five times throughout the night and having my entire face ache from it.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #5023 on: September 01, 2013, 12:36:10 pm »
I love vomiting five times throughout the night and having my entire face ache from it.
*Hugs*

What happened? D:

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5024 on: September 01, 2013, 12:53:47 pm »
Did you at least get to have fun before the vomiting?  The only time I puked like that was the morning after a nice drunken night.