Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071151 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5265 on: September 12, 2013, 10:19:59 am »
When you start reading a random comic or manga and then it turns out that not only is it sappy romance, but it is in fact sappy gay male romance, but at that point you have been swept by the plot and can't stop reading.

Not that this would be something that happens to me often.

Just twice. There was a third manga which turned out to be "boys love" series, but frankly, apart from few creative quirks it was quite boring so I didn't read far into it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

wrightway

« Reply #5266 on: September 12, 2013, 12:14:55 pm »
Just got off the phone with a friend I had lent movies to. Someone broke into their apartment and cleaned out a bunch of easy to carry stuff (small electronics, DVDS). I'm pissed it happened to them, and I'm pissed my movies are on the list of things that were taken.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5267 on: September 12, 2013, 01:17:23 pm »
When you start reading a random comic or manga and then it turns out that not only is it sappy romance, but it is in fact sappy gay male romance, but at that point you have been swept by the plot and can't stop reading.

Not that this would be something that happens to me often.

Just twice. There was a third manga which turned out to be "boys love" series, but frankly, apart from few creative quirks it was quite boring so I didn't read far into it.

I'm kinda curious as to what the two comics were.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5268 on: September 12, 2013, 01:36:28 pm »
I'm kinda curious as to what the two comics were.
Well since you asked.

Cuanta Vida, a webcomic based on TF2, though slightly different. I have to warn that it goes PRETTY dark soon. Just consider that every person who dies in a match is an actual person and RED and BLU just ship replacement to their endless war.
http://tf2.skyscrapersoup.com/2008/10/12/1-the-first-page/

And a manga called GHOST. I actually found one of the books for 0.50€ or something and thought "why not." That was before I knew what the "100% BL" tag meant.
(Several mangas go with the name Ghost or something similar, this is the one with a psychic teenager who keeps getting possessed by ghosts.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5269 on: September 12, 2013, 08:07:05 pm »
People who reblog every single fear-mongering post that passes by on their Tumblr dashboard instead of doing a couple minutes of fact-checking to make sure it's accurate.

Like the idiots who are reblogging this image, with a caption stating that it's a map of radioactive contamination from the Fukushima meltdown:

Because radiation is totally measured in centimeters, right?

In reality, this is a map of the spread of debris from the 2011 tsunami, and has precisely dick all to do with radiation.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:12:44 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5270 on: September 12, 2013, 08:15:27 pm »
I've reached the stage of caffeine tolerance where I can drink half a dozen Mt. Dews in an hour and still feel like I'm about to fall asleep. Seriously considering switching to a stronger stimulant, except I can't afford the habit I have.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5271 on: September 12, 2013, 08:52:19 pm »
People who reblog every single fear-mongering post that passes by on their Tumblr dashboard instead of doing a couple minutes of fact-checking to make sure it's accurate.

Like the idiots who are reblogging this image, with a caption stating that it's a map of radioactive contamination from the Fukushima meltdown:

Because radiation is totally measured in centimeters, right?

In reality, this is a map of the spread of debris from the 2011 tsunami, and has precisely dick all to do with radiation.

Also, radiation doesn't magically stop when it reaches land.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5272 on: September 12, 2013, 10:12:15 pm »
I've reached the stage of caffeine tolerance where I can drink half a dozen Mt. Dews in an hour and still feel like I'm about to fall asleep. Seriously considering switching to a stronger stimulant, except I can't afford the habit I have.

For the price of 6 Moutain Dews, you could easily get a Monster or a Rockstar or something, maybe even two or more.  If you've got a Dollar General or somesuch nearby, check 'em out, because one near me sells 'em for around half what they cost at places like Wal Mart or convenience stores.  A 32. oz Monster (about as big around as my fucking forearm, no joke) there costs around $2 US, before tax.  That's enough to keep ANYONE going for at least a few hours.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5273 on: September 12, 2013, 10:23:32 pm »

I'm pretty much immune to civilian stimulants by this point. Not just tolerance, but immunity. I've downed three Rockstars in a row and felt absolutely zero change.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5274 on: September 12, 2013, 10:57:33 pm »
Whereas I can take one No-Doz and feel so ramped I need to run a thousand laps around the house.  I've always been pretty sensitive to stimulants.  It takes a lot to get me drunk, however.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5275 on: September 12, 2013, 11:15:36 pm »
I HATE THE LILO AND STITCH FANDUMB WITH THE FURY OF A THOUSAND SUNS!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

wrightway

« Reply #5276 on: September 12, 2013, 11:20:15 pm »
What did they do this time?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5277 on: September 12, 2013, 11:23:28 pm »
What did they do this time?

Same shit they've been doing since the Stitch! anime came out.

Whine and cry and throw tantrums about how the anime is terrible and Disney is greedy for separating Lilo from Stitch because "OHANA MEANS FAMILY AND FAMILY MEANS NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND" and just a shit ton of melodramatic bullshit about how this ruined their childhood forever.

Seriously, if you think bronies are manchildren, you haven't seen L&S fandumb.  They are, in many ways, actually adult children.  It's positively mind boggling and ridiculous, and it's because of these fuckers whining every chance they get that only a few episodes have ever been subtitled at all due to "lack of interest" >:S

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5278 on: September 13, 2013, 12:48:47 am »
Whereas I can take one No-Doz and feel so ramped I need to run a thousand laps around the house.  I've always been pretty sensitive to stimulants.  It takes a lot to get me drunk, however.

Same here. I'm fine with small amounts, such as a glass of cola or tea, but at soon as I have something stronger I tend to get really bad jitters.

On a slightly-related note, am I the only Canadian who preferred the taste of Mountain Dew when it didn't have any caffeine? And also the fact that I could drink it after 6pm and not have to worry about it keeping me up at night?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5279 on: September 13, 2013, 01:03:38 am »
I have a general tolerance for stimulants and depressants. I've never been drunk simply because I would need to chug through a bottle of pure vodka (which isn't very comfortable). It's one of the main reasons that I rarely drink: many drinks just plain don't taste that good, and I can't drink them for the alcohol content.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.