Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069218 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5415 on: September 18, 2013, 06:18:24 pm »
My landlord installed a new "wi-fi enabled" thermostat in our place today.  That's all well and good, and frankly, I could give less of a fuck...BUT HE FORGOT TO TURN THE FUCKING AC BACK ON WHEN HE LEFT!  I've been boiling for hours wondering "what the fuck's going on?!"

I think one of my flatmates is right, and my landlord isn't exactly the sharpest cookie in the shed.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5416 on: September 18, 2013, 06:32:56 pm »
My landlord installed a new "wi-fi enabled" thermostat in our place today.  That's all well and good, and frankly, I could give less of a fuck...BUT HE FORGOT TO TURN THE FUCKING AC BACK ON WHEN HE LEFT!  I've been boiling for hours wondering "what the fuck's going on?!"

I think one of my flatmates is right, and my landlord isn't exactly the sharpest cookie in the shed.

Dude, fucking seriously? I guess you're lucky it's a lot cooler out today.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5417 on: September 18, 2013, 08:05:47 pm »

He better fucking well have truly forgot...or he's one cheap ass snaky nasty coward and you'll have to go wring out a sweaty pair of boxer shorts into his face while the flatmates hold him down.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5418 on: September 18, 2013, 08:42:05 pm »

He better fucking well have truly forgot...or he's one cheap ass snaky nasty coward and you'll have to go wring out a sweaty pair of boxer shorts into his face while the flatmates hold him down.

Nah, he's never been outright malicious like that, just...less than competent.  He seriously comes off like he's only half there, when he's around...which is very rare; I've only seen him 2 or 3 times in the 3 months I've been here.  He asked me if there was a M[rest of the name redacted] living here, while looking at the mail.  The person in question has been here -longer- than I have, and was one of the people to whom I was introduced before I even moved in here.  I honestly think the only people he remembers are my flatmate, E, and myself.  E because he handles practically EVERYTHING including contacting prospective new tenants and wi-fi.  Myself because I'm the only white guy living here...kinda hard to miss.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5419 on: September 20, 2013, 08:32:18 am »
Youtube, why the fuck do you keep trying to shove basketball strategies into my face in the recommended videos?

I don't fucking care about basketball, I actually hate it almost as much as I hate American football, recommend something that's actually in my interests.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5420 on: September 20, 2013, 09:10:47 am »
Youtube, why the fuck do you keep trying to shove basketball strategies into my face in the recommended videos?

I don't fucking care about basketball, I actually hate it almost as much as I hate American football, recommend something that's actually in my interests.

But, you have a penis...you must be interested in basketball, if you're not interested in FOOTBALL!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5421 on: September 20, 2013, 09:14:09 am »
So, the computer science professors here need a good kick in the genitals. They said the wanted to make registration more efficient for everyone this semester, so what do they do? They demand we attend a three-hour meeting, rather than going to speak with them in their office for ten minutes. IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5422 on: September 20, 2013, 10:17:09 am »
iOS7. It looks worse than a skid mark.

Also, burns. More specifically, the way they throb like a bastard for hours and hours on end unless you hold them against something cold. Most inconvenient.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:43:04 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #5423 on: September 20, 2013, 03:49:10 pm »
iOS7. It looks worse than a skid mark.

It really does. I won't be upgrading for as long as possible.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #5424 on: September 20, 2013, 03:57:06 pm »
Some of the new features are nice, though. But damn if some of the animations don't annoy the piss out of me. I really hope Apple will later give us the option to turn them off.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #5425 on: September 20, 2013, 04:25:13 pm »
Not gonna install iOS 7 yet. And, any large wound is a cunt. I have a large one right where my phone sits in my pocket.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5426 on: September 20, 2013, 04:45:24 pm »
Also, burns. More specifically, the way they throb like a bastard for hours and hours on end unless you hold them against something cold. Most inconvenient.

Been there before...accidentally burned some of my flesh off my finger trying to get something out of a toaster oven.  I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that I was in excruciating pain for two months or more.  It was a pretty small one, too: only about a centimeter wide and half as tall.  I will NEVER forget that pain.  Or the smell.  My god, the smell...

I was lucky it was on my right hand and that I'm a lefty...being largely unable to use my left hand would've been absolute hell.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5427 on: September 20, 2013, 09:06:57 pm »

Been there before...accidentally burned some of my flesh off my finger trying to get something out of a toaster oven.  I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that I was in excruciating pain for two months or more.  It was a pretty small one, too: only about a centimeter wide and half as tall.  I will NEVER forget that pain.  Or the smell.  My god, the smell...

Good lord. That sounds like one of the worst things imaginable. I've only ever touched something hot for a fraction of a second and singed the surface of my skin and that was plenty bad enough.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5428 on: September 20, 2013, 09:57:14 pm »
I stuck my finger in melted sugar.  Hurt a decent bit.  Long story short, the tip of it came off...  It grew back, though.  The nerves are slightly numb in the place that fell off, though.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:59:58 pm by SpaceProg »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5429 on: September 20, 2013, 10:05:42 pm »
Suddenly, I feel like I've led an extremely sheltered life...