Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071227 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6270 on: December 08, 2013, 03:16:40 am »
Juggernaut is Wrex, Nosferatu is Shepard, and "Bignose the Caveman" is the sweet, petite Tali.

The thing is, it's not just the characters, it's also a lot of crates, all the enemies and objects, and so forth.  It's really disorienting.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6271 on: December 08, 2013, 03:25:30 am »
Shadow people!  Somebody call the Ghost Hunters!  ... Or Ghost Adventure guys if you can put up with Zack's overreacting.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6272 on: December 08, 2013, 03:35:04 am »
Bignose the Caveman doesn't deserve those scare quotes. :(
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6273 on: December 08, 2013, 04:09:17 am »
That was a pretty good game if I'm remembering correctly.  Though I could also be crossing the memory of Bignose with Joe and Mac which, IMO was also a very good caveman-type game.

That's annoying in itself.   It scares me to think of how many games and gaming generations I've been through.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6274 on: December 08, 2013, 04:20:00 am »
My brother and I had a huge collection of NES games until my brother's friend's older sister and her boyfriend broke into our place and stole most of them, but Big Nose was one of the few games the assholes missed. Thus, I ended up playing it endlessly until we got a newer system.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6275 on: December 08, 2013, 12:31:19 pm »
My brother and I had a huge collection of NES games until my brother's friend's older sister and her boyfriend broke into our place and stole most of them, but Big Nose was one of the few games the assholes missed. Thus, I ended up playing it endlessly until we got a newer system.

Wow, talk about stealing candy from babies! Were they drug addict adults, or just gawd awful bullies?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6276 on: December 08, 2013, 05:36:11 pm »

Wow, talk about stealing candy from babies! Were they drug addict adults, or just gawd awful bullies?

Druggie teenagers. Shitty part was that the cops couldn't prove it was them, but it was pretty obvious that they were the ones who did it. Double shittiness is that they knew we'd just come out of the women's shelter and weren't exactly in the greatest situation at the time, hence us moving into that sketchy neighbourhood. Nice welcoming party, eh?

Luckily, they missed a few of the games -- including Big Nose the Caveman -- and didn't take anything else, so it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it could have been. I'd still love to track them down and kick their asses, though.

To restore some faith in humanity, however: Our landlord was great about the whole thing. As soon as he heard about what had happened (which wasn't until much later in the evening, since he'd been at work), he rushed out to purchase a new door and locks, then stayed late into the night to install them himself despite having to get up early for work the following morning. He also stuck around for a while to comfort my mom and get her input on what he could do to help her feel safe again.

He was an awesome guy.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:56:09 pm by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #6277 on: December 09, 2013, 01:05:10 am »
my toilet. i hate that stupid constantly plugging low flow piece of shit.. It plugs with just water sometimes. i used sulfuric acid on it hopefully eat away the problem if that dose not work i'm calling a plumber.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6278 on: December 09, 2013, 01:18:13 am »
Take off the tank lid and look at the float shut off valve mechanism. Depending on what year it was made, you can either raise the float cup by turning it counter clockwise on the riser pipe, or bend the metal rod to make the float bulb higher. This will increase the amount of water per flush slightly, which will weigh more, and will create a faster, stronger siphoning action in the bowl when you flush the toilet.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #6279 on: December 09, 2013, 01:54:55 am »
Take off the tank lid and look at the float shut off valve mechanism. Depending on what year it was made, you can either raise the float cup by turning it counter clockwise on the riser pipe, or bend the metal rod to make the float bulb higher. This will increase the amount of water per flush slightly, which will weigh more, and will create a faster, stronger siphoning action in the bowl when you flush the toilet.

It worked!  thank you.  :)

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #6280 on: December 09, 2013, 02:34:20 am »
FQA! community, political and social snark, and advice for toilet repair!
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6281 on: December 09, 2013, 04:51:48 am »
We rock, peeps.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6282 on: December 09, 2013, 04:56:52 am »
You said "peeps" again D:

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6283 on: December 09, 2013, 05:16:17 am »
AGH!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6284 on: December 09, 2013, 10:01:51 am »
At least he added a comma, otherwise it'd have been simply "we rock peeps," which implies that we rock those little, marshmallow chicks.  Which, incidentally, are delicious.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.