Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075066 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8010 on: September 16, 2014, 03:03:43 pm »
Why are all the "Anti-SJW" blogs run by "Anti-feminist equalterriers*" or some other dudebro type?

Also, plebcomics are dumb.

*this spelling is a joke
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:07:22 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8011 on: September 16, 2014, 03:12:36 pm »
I think that, when they say they're "anti-feminist", they really mean they're against the (unfortunately) popular conceptions of feminism.  For the most part, anyway.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8012 on: September 16, 2014, 03:56:23 pm »
I think that, when they say they're "anti-feminist", they really mean they're against the (unfortunately) popular conceptions of feminism.  For the most part, anyway.
It annoys me when they basically just defend the status quo and hijack conversations.

But year, most of them are simply misinformed about stuff or just spend to much time around the crazier sections of tumblr.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #8013 on: September 16, 2014, 09:10:52 pm »
The term "Social Justice Warrior" in general. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel like this is a smear term against rational-minded individuals instead of actually thin-skinned idiots who claim they're a character from a work of fiction or gets offended over a picture of a hamburger or someone's negative opinion on Sherlock.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8014 on: September 16, 2014, 10:42:40 pm »
The term "Social Justice Warrior" in general. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel like this is a smear term against rational-minded individuals instead of actually thin-skinned idiots who claim they're a character from a work of fiction or gets offended over a picture of a hamburger or someone's negative opinion on Sherlock.

It's pretty often used for that purpose, yes.

Of course, in the minds of the haughty, there's no difference between someone advocating for social justice for women/LGBT/non-privileged races/disabled/lower class and someone advocating for social justice for transculture/PETA/radfems/etc. etc.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8015 on: September 16, 2014, 11:46:18 pm »
People who treat Markiplier as a clone of PewDiePie when, aside from the fact that the two play trendy/modern cult classic games and are friends with each other.

PDP is Swedish, makes offensive jokes, and is loud.

Markiplier is American, makes immature jokes, and makes funny noises.

Not to mention, different personalities and all that.

Then again, there's just people out there who are like "EVERYTHING THAT IS POPULAR IS TERRIBLE AND YOU ARE TERRIBLE FOR LIKING THINGS THAT I DON'T LIKE" and they're funny because they're narcissists.

I have a new favorite word, by the way.  Narcissist.  Describes my father well.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8016 on: September 16, 2014, 11:57:29 pm »
It's a legal requirement all Lp'ers be lound.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8017 on: September 17, 2014, 10:21:14 am »
Markiplier's not a PDP clone, but he's almost as annoying. Both are from the same school of "IT'S FUNNIER THE LOUDER I AM" and appealing to the lowest common denominator. Markiplier just isn't as terrible of a person as PDP.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8018 on: September 17, 2014, 01:34:32 pm »
I like Markiplier.  He seems like a genuinely down-to-earth guy despite being Internet Famous.

If we'd have gone to school together, we probably would have been friends. 

Odd way of judging if I like someone or not, I know, but hey it works so far.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8019 on: September 17, 2014, 01:46:10 pm »
Markiplier's not a PDP clone, but he's almost as annoying. Both are from the same school of "IT'S FUNNIER THE LOUDER I AM" and appealing to the lowest common denominator. Markiplier just isn't as terrible of a person as PDP.

How about no on everything except the last sentence.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8020 on: September 17, 2014, 03:33:32 pm »
I like Markiplier.  He seems like a genuinely down-to-earth guy despite being Internet Famous.

If we'd have gone to school together, we probably would have been friends. 

Odd way of judging if I like someone or not, I know, but hey it works so far.

I probably would be his buddy too. But it wouldn't make his yelling any funnier.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8021 on: September 17, 2014, 05:06:19 pm »
I attempted to watch one of Markiplier's videos and almost immediately switched to someone else because he was fairly annoying. But I don't think he's a bag of dicks who needs to die, or anything. Just not an enjoyable person when it comes to LPs.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8022 on: September 17, 2014, 06:26:08 pm »

I've seen the opposite mindset, unfortunately. On PZ's blog, the community embraces the term "social justice warrior" and likes to pretend the thin-skinned tumblrinas don't exist. Probably because such a classification would indict several of them.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8023 on: September 18, 2014, 01:17:00 am »
My ipads wifi chose the most obnoxious possible time to fail.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8024 on: September 18, 2014, 12:13:03 pm »
I attempted to watch one of Markiplier's videos and almost immediately switched to someone else because he was fairly annoying. But I don't think he's a bag of dicks who needs to die, or anything. Just not an enjoyable person when it comes to LPs.

Exactly. Markiplier isn't a bad guy and he's not an asshole. He's just immature and loud and he relies a lot on overblown screaming and humor for the lowest common denominator.

PewDiePie and DarkSydePhil are the only LPers I can really say that I detest, and DSP is pretty much a terrible human being on top of that.