Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 426426 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1230 on: June 08, 2017, 12:35:08 pm »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1231 on: June 08, 2017, 12:47:46 pm »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

pyro

« Reply #1232 on: June 08, 2017, 12:57:57 pm »
Yeah but a company like Mcdonalds or Walmart which make Billions of dollars in profit a year. Billions. Won't pay their employees living wages or provide basic healthcare, when they can clearly afford to do so. What the fuck do they need billions in profits for? To open more Mcdonalds and Walmarts where they pretty much have them everywhere anyways?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-25/walmarts-now-ex-ceo-pocket-113-million-pension-6182-times-greater-average-wmt-worker

113 million pension

billions in profit

Where does the other order of magnitude go?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1233 on: June 08, 2017, 12:58:46 pm »
Yeah but a company like Mcdonalds or Walmart which make Billions of dollars in profit a year. Billions. Won't pay their employees living wages or provide basic healthcare, when they can clearly afford to do so. What the fuck do they need billions in profits for? To open more Mcdonalds and Walmarts where they pretty much have them everywhere anyways?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-25/walmarts-now-ex-ceo-pocket-113-million-pension-6182-times-greater-average-wmt-worker

113 million pension

billions in profit

Where does the other order of magnitude go?

Owners' pockets.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1234 on: June 08, 2017, 01:13:48 pm »
McCain actually asked about HER EMAILS because of course Hillary is the real criminal here...

I think that the American people have a whole lot of questions... obviously, she was a candidate for president at the time, so she was clearly involved in this whole... fake news...

...And then he accidentally referred to Comey as "president Comey."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1235 on: June 08, 2017, 02:05:38 pm »
I think dementia is starting to settle in.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1236 on: June 08, 2017, 02:13:04 pm »
I think dementia is starting to settle in.

I thought joining the Republican Party was the first sign of that.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1237 on: June 08, 2017, 02:49:46 pm »
McCain has released a statement where he said that his strange behaviour was due to staying up too late watching sports...

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1238 on: June 08, 2017, 03:12:33 pm »
Uh huh suuuuuuure.

Ironbite-and not that he's getting the dementia.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1239 on: June 08, 2017, 05:44:20 pm »
"'Hope' cannot be the basis for an obstruction of justice," said the GOP. "It's simply wishing and stating preferences," they said.

"Frig off, Ricky!" Says the law.

In McDonald's case, the district court based the obstruction of justice enhancement on:  (1) Callahan's testimony that, when she visited McDonald while he was incarcerated, he showed her a note urging her not to say anything about the knife;  and (2) the letter McDonald wrote to Callahan which stated in part, “I hope and pray to God you did not say anything about a weapon when you were in Iowa. Because it will make it worse on me and you even if they promised not to prosecute you[.]”  The district court did not err by finding Callahan's testimony “totally believable,” nor did it err by imposing a two-level increase for obstruction of justice based on McDonald's attempts to prevent Callahan from revealing McDonald carried a concealed knife during the bank robbery.

I need to watch the whole thing through. Hopefully I get a bingo or two.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1240 on: June 09, 2017, 05:57:09 pm »
So the Orange Piss Pot is playing 12-D chess and we're all to stupid to counter his moves because he's so advanced?  He wants to testify.

President Trump said Friday he is "100 percent" willing to testify under oath about his interactions with James Comey in order to dispute the fired FBI director’s claims.

“One hundred percent,” Trump said when asked if he would give a sworn statement to Robert Mueller, the special counsel leading the investigation into Russia’s election interference.

"I would be glad to tell him exactly what I told you,” the president said during a press conference in the White House Rose Garden.

In his first comments since Comey's dramatic testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Trump accused the ousted FBI chief of making false statements about their private conversations.

Trump said Comey’s statements vindicated his long-held claims that he did not collude with Russia to tip the election in his favor and that he did not interfere with the federal probe.
“Yesterday showed no collusion, no obstruction,” he said. “But we were very, very happy and, frankly, James Comey confirmed a lot of what I said. And some of the things that he said just weren't true.”

Trump again refused to say whether there are secret recordings of his conversations with Comey, a stunning suggestion he made on Twitter three days after he decided to ax him.

But he indicated the tapes might not exist, telling reporters, “you will be very disappointed when you hear the answer.”

Trump’s offer to sit for an interview with Mueller raises the stakes in the Russia probe.

Comey’s testimony gave the special counsel plenty of material to consider as he investigates whether the president or his associates acted illegally.

Trump said he did not pressure the FBI chief to drop an investigation into his former national security adviser Michael Flynn, reiterating a denial made by his personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz.

“I didn’t say that,” Trump said of his alleged request of Comey to “let go” of the Flynn probe.

Trump flatly denied that he demanded a pledge of personal loyalty from the former FBI director.

“No,” Trump said. “I hardly know the man, I’m gonna say, 'I want you to pledge allegiance.’ ”

Democrats and some legal experts have cited those actions to accuse Trump of obstruction of justice in the Russia probe.

The question of whether there are tapes of his conversations with Comey has also dogged Trump. 

"James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!" Trump tweeted on May 12.

Ironbite-12-D CHESS!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1241 on: June 09, 2017, 07:33:21 pm »
Being that Trump lies about everything, he's either lying that he wants to testify, or he's going to lie when he does testify, and then lie about things he said when he did testify.
Can we just kick this clown out of office? He's damaging the position.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1242 on: June 09, 2017, 09:18:40 pm »
It also doesn't help that Paul Ryan tried to excuse any obstruction of justice... by saying that Trump is new at being President.

To which I say: He's the fucking President. He doesn't get leeway for being new. When your cashier at the grocery store messes up, you lose maybe ten minutes. When the President messes up, people DIE.
Who needs a signature?

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #1243 on: June 10, 2017, 05:39:52 am »
To which I say: He's the fucking President. He doesn't get leeway for being new. When your cashier at the grocery store messes up, you lose maybe ten minutes. When the President messes up, people DIE.

This is why I facepalm whenever people call for a leader who is not a politician. In any other job you need to familiarize yourself with an institution through experience before you are allowed to lead one and representative democracy is a pretty complicated system to lead. No matter what your intentions are you can easily cause more harm than good if you don't have detailed understanding of how things actually work. In Trump's case, his lack of understanding is actually fortunate for the whole world since his intentions are so destructive.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1244 on: June 10, 2017, 10:52:31 am »
The thing is, a non-politician president COULD work, if they had good counsel to whom they bothered to listen.  Alas, Drumpf lacks the former and refuses to do the latter.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.