Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1674593 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2385 on: April 15, 2013, 03:24:30 am »
Fun fact, on another forum, I got moderated for saying "jipped."

It was done completely passive-aggressively with a little note at the bottom of my post saying that my post was edited for a racial epithet.  The moderator was someone who I was arguing with on an unrelated matter (and I was being an idiot in that argument, but what else is new?).

It took me awhile to figure out what was removed from my post (because I don't necessarily memorize every post I make -- what a shock) but when I found out I was confused at first, until I figured it out.

I didn't know that the original spelling of the word was "gypped", for instance.

...My point is that it's annoying that a racial epithet like that has managed to enter common lingo to the point where it isn't even recognized as one anymore (imagine "nigger" being used today without any knowledge that it was a racial epithet towards black people) but at the same time, I don't like that the moderator I was arguing with, instead of taking the time to educate me on the matter, instead changed my post without informing me of what I had done wrong, and added a note at the bottom, which would make people think I had intentionally said something racist.

It's safe to say that I hope to never be like that moderator.

By the way, I like gypsies.  A lot :D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2386 on: April 15, 2013, 03:43:48 am »
Think I've heard dad say we've got some Irish traveler blood in us...but, honestly, I couldn't give less of a damn if I tried.  That said, the anti-gypsy thing...hell, like the anti-black thing, anti-Semitic thing, and other racist crap...I do not get it.  Does not compute.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #2387 on: April 15, 2013, 03:45:10 am »
Snip

Good God, it's like racist-mode CWC puked something up while fucked up on oxycodone or something. Those....those really made my brain hurt. (Confessional time: I've never even seen Sonichu art I just know it's notoriously horrible and that he likes to counter-bash people who bash him -- but I'll avoid the derail).

Seriously, just ugh. Then comics one and two are basically the same goddamn comic with a bus shooped into it and incredibly minor edits. I actually had to stop for a moment and compare them they looked so similar at first glance I thought it really 'was' just a simple shop.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2388 on: April 15, 2013, 04:03:11 am »
I have more, with a couple concerning the poor, persecuted Rush. Behold the stupidity:

I just realised the heads are C&P'd on these two.

And this one's a fake ;)

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2389 on: April 15, 2013, 05:28:09 am »
Regarding gypsy hate, I was walking home from school once with a friend and she just randomly asked me if I wanted to go and throw stones at the gypsies with her.  :o

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2390 on: April 15, 2013, 06:58:12 am »
Wow that is awful

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2391 on: April 15, 2013, 12:57:50 pm »
Regarding gypsies, I have a Finnish friend that has had personal experience with the thieving shits that live up to the criminal stereotype.  He's broken three wrists from gypsies trying to steal his wallet.  He was also once in the hospital for surgery, with a Roma family in the room next to him.  When he was leaving, just after the family did? the room was BARE.  Like stripped to the drywall kinda bare.

So... while I have respect for the Roma and the culture, I will be more than happy to bitch them out in their own tongue for being thieving cunts if I ever travel abroad to visit my friend.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2392 on: April 15, 2013, 01:03:28 pm »
Here, have a shitty webcomic as compensation:

What the heck are those things? Talking Sonichu-Hetalia Poke-balls?

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2393 on: April 15, 2013, 01:11:40 pm »
Why are there gypsies all over France's face, but not on the others?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2394 on: April 15, 2013, 01:31:54 pm »

Countryball comics are quite common. They all have that horrible art style and they play with stereotypes and often are intentionally bad jokes.

Some are funny and others are just dumb. sometime with actual racism sometimes without.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2395 on: April 15, 2013, 01:46:31 pm »

Countryball comics are quite common. They all have that horrible art style and they play with stereotypes and often are intentionally bad jokes.

Some are funny and others are just dumb. sometime with actual racism sometimes without.

Ah...I see...still looks ridiculous.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2396 on: April 15, 2013, 03:30:03 pm »

Ah...I see...still looks ridiculous.
Maybe it makes more sense to Europeans.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2397 on: April 15, 2013, 04:56:34 pm »

It was done completely passive-aggressively with a little note at the bottom of my post saying that my post was edited for a racial epithet.  The moderator was someone who I was arguing with on an unrelated matter (and I was being an idiot in that argument, but what else is new?).

It took me awhile to figure out what was removed from my post (because I don't necessarily memorize every post I make -- what a shock) but when I found out I was confused at first, until I figured it out.

I didn't know that the original spelling of the word was "gypped", for instance.

...My point is that it's annoying that a racial epithet like that has managed to enter common lingo to the point where it isn't even recognized as one anymore (imagine "nigger" being used today without any knowledge that it was a racial epithet towards black people) but at the same time, I don't like that the moderator I was arguing with, instead of taking the time to educate me on the matter, instead changed my post without informing me of what I had done wrong, and added a note at the bottom, which would make people think I had intentionally said something racist.

I've heard "Picnic" is a racist word. It's short for "Pick-a-n*g", since in the old days lynching black people while eating lunch in the park was like the best hobby ever.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2398 on: April 15, 2013, 04:58:36 pm »

I've heard "Picnic" is a racist word. It's short for "Pick-a-n*g", since in the old days lynching black people while eating lunch in the park was like the best hobby ever.

Which is actually false. It's a misspelling of a French word (pique-nique).
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2399 on: April 15, 2013, 09:28:46 pm »

Which is actually false. It's a misspelling of a French word (pique-nique).

Well... I guess that's kind of a relief, since now I don't need to lynch someone to have a proper picnic.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!