Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1674300 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5460 on: February 13, 2015, 11:11:58 am »
[img]http://liberallogic101.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/liberal-logic-101-1380-500x416.jpg[/image]

Ah, good old fashioned bigotry! I say so cuz if it was simply about crooks they would just post anybody with a gun, be they mobsters (usually white guys) or Adam Lanza (also white...and creepy-looking...and deceased...but pretty darn white, nonetheless).

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #5461 on: February 13, 2015, 01:56:20 pm »
With that galling lack of trigger discipline and muzzle awareness I kinda hope they shoot themselves in the face.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5462 on: February 13, 2015, 03:38:53 pm »
Funny, I've asked idiots like these for details about the government taking their guns away.  Specifically, I mentioned the background checks, waiting periods, etc., which they had no problems with.  But they would still claim, 'da big bad Osama ain't taking my gunz!"
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #5463 on: February 14, 2015, 10:59:10 am »
I think I can shed some light on the hatred of the UN. For one thing, it's a joke. The Human Rights Council includes many members who are notorious for violating human rights and will happily condemn the United States and allies. Now, make no mistake, I don't approve of, well, most, of what the US has done since the Cold War began, but I don't feel compelled to defend America from the likes of Russia or Iran.

For another, the United Nations makes a perfect villain to the sort of fundamentalists who read Left Behind, such as those over at Rapture Ready. Even to people who aren't religious, the idea of a shadowy one world government has been a staple of conspiracy theories for the longest time, so the United Nations is the worst fear of the conspiracy theorists (despite being a joke in reality).
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5464 on: February 15, 2015, 01:45:50 pm »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5465 on: February 15, 2015, 02:34:50 pm »
Oh boo fuckin' hoo, your tax dollars are going towards something that's actually going to help the country instead of going directly into the Koch brothers' pockets. Cry me a fucking river you twat.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5466 on: February 15, 2015, 03:18:04 pm »
You want to complain about government spending?  Then complain about the military being forced to buy equipment it neither wants nor needs!

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #5467 on: February 15, 2015, 03:53:34 pm »
There's really no reason for college to be expensive as it is anyways. A significant amount of fat could be cut from administration, as well as all that stuff colleges do that isn't really needed. No, we don't need to spend thousands of dollars on decorating one side of campus to be a "gateway". I like the grassy area better anyway. You can play HvZ there.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5468 on: February 15, 2015, 03:57:38 pm »
When people say "college" in a US context, I'm starting to reflexively hear "sports program".
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5469 on: February 15, 2015, 04:21:16 pm »
There's really no reason for college to be expensive as it is anyways.

The more fundamental issue is that there's no good reason for most employers to restrict their hiring pool to college graduates. Which, in many respects, exposes an even more fundamental issue that there's no good reason for people to be forced into poverty just because they can't find work.

We've been ignoring these issues and the typical response is "More education!" whenever anyone dares to bring them up. Education doesn't fix a broken social safety net.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5470 on: February 15, 2015, 04:37:14 pm »
When people say "college" in a US context, I'm starting to reflexively hear "sports program".

You can be forgiven for that.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5471 on: February 15, 2015, 04:55:25 pm »
Oh boo fuckin' hoo, your tax dollars are going towards something that's actually going to help the country instead of going directly into the Koch brothers' pockets. Cry me a fucking river you twat.
But muh bootstraps!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5472 on: February 15, 2015, 05:02:10 pm »

Well...you're certainly not wrong.  At least, for a LOT of colleges.  I'm glad that the uni to which I'm going after I finish community college doesn't have a big sports program.  I think they have, like...soccer, and that's it.  Personally, I say that unless your college is specifically a sports college, then you shouldn't have a dedicated sports team.  Sports clubs that are funded and maintained by their members are just fine, but sports teams have absolutely no place in a cerebral educational environment.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5473 on: February 19, 2015, 02:06:06 pm »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5474 on: February 19, 2015, 09:36:13 pm »
...how much do you want to bet that the whole extent of that cartoonist's knowledge of net neutrality is "it involves the internet" and "Obama said something in favour".
Σא