Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1671789 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5730 on: June 17, 2015, 03:32:38 pm »
...what?  Surely I'm missing something here, right?  There's no way that this can be serious.

I'll start listing off bad things about this:

1. Lol, does the cartoonists know anything about life in the 50s and 60s? Their was a shitton of violent comics and shows about killin dem commies and shit

2. Uh, kids have wanted to shoot guns for as long as their have been guns

3.what exactly is it getting at? Is it saying kids can kill people now because of their acces to guns or the Jewish mind control signals?

4. Why does that kid have an "m" rating crossed out on his head?

5. Are you trying to be racist? If so just give the black kid a "gangsta" accenent or some shit.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:42:41 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5731 on: June 17, 2015, 04:40:12 pm »
In fairness, I don't think it was very common for white and black kids to hang out with each other back in the 1950s.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5732 on: June 17, 2015, 06:00:06 pm »
I can't stop staring at how badly he draws hands.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5733 on: June 17, 2015, 08:40:34 pm »

You see, if you grow a garden, then that garden was intelligently designed.  Therefore nature does not exist.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5734 on: June 17, 2015, 08:51:47 pm »

You see, if you grow a garden, then that garden was intelligently designed.  Therefore nature does not exist.

dear idiots, brother mendeleïev would like a word with you. for he "intelligently designed" proof of evolution.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5735 on: June 17, 2015, 10:13:44 pm »
The guy on the right looks like Bill Cosby.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5736 on: June 17, 2015, 11:29:48 pm »
True.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg5VVcLxGig" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg5VVcLxGig</a>
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5737 on: June 18, 2015, 12:42:14 am »
4. The crossed M means that he has been playing games that aren't meant for kids. As if hinted by the GTA comment.

5. I dunno. Maybe it's racism or maybe he just wanted to put some diversity into his comics... But it does seem suspicious that the only black kid is a thug...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5738 on: June 18, 2015, 02:17:05 am »
4. The crossed M means that he has been playing games that aren't meant for kids. As if hinted by the GTA comment.

5. I dunno. Maybe it's racism or maybe he just wanted to put some diversity into his comics... But it does seem suspicious that the only black kid is a thug...

I wouldn't say the hoodie and beanie make him look like a thug. The kid farthest to the left on the other hand does seems to be sagging his pants a bit.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #5739 on: June 18, 2015, 09:23:21 pm »
I'd say it's pretty clearly racist.  The kid on the left is the same person in both panels.  But the innocent kid's friend is White, and the non-innocent kid's friend is Black.  There's no way that's an accident.  I don't know if he's suggestion that integration has also led to a loss of innocence, or that Black people are violent, or what, but I have a hard time as seeing the racial element in the cartoon as inconsequential to what we can generously call the cartoonist's point.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5740 on: June 20, 2015, 12:19:05 am »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5741 on: June 22, 2015, 08:47:00 am »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5742 on: June 22, 2015, 09:33:20 am »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5743 on: June 22, 2015, 09:36:44 am »

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5744 on: June 22, 2015, 09:49:32 am »
It's repeating the Fox News nonsense that the Charleston shooter wasn't racially motivated and that it was really an attack on Christians.