Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1674575 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5760 on: July 04, 2015, 10:39:06 am »
Is it me or does the word "Holdomor" sound like something out of Lord of the Rings?

Like a sister-city to Mordor, or something....

Not making light of a horrible atrocity....just a weird thought.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5761 on: July 04, 2015, 10:43:00 am »
Is it me or does the word "Holdomor" sound like something out of Lord of the Rings?

A holographic Mordor?  Its okay, I have the same thought every time I see it, too.

Also, Lenin was a Jew?

Seems legit.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5762 on: July 04, 2015, 11:33:30 am »

A holographic Mordor?  Its okay, I have the same thought every time I see it, too.

Also, Lenin was a Jew?

Seems legit.

Well, to be fair, Lenin was part Jewish.  However, saying he was a Jew is extremely disingenuous.  Not only did Lenin not identify as Jewish, but according to his sister, Lenin was probably completely unaware of any Jewish ancestry during his lifetime.  His maternal grandfather was born Jewish, but he had converted to Orthodoxy and married a woman from a German-Swedish family, and Lenin's mother was raised Lutheran.  Calling Lenin "Jewish" is a huge stretch.

However, Lenin was aware during his lifetime of his Kalmyk grandmother, and certainly he had a connection to his Chuvash father.  But I have literally never seen any crank on the internet accuse the Kalmyk or the Chuvash of world domination.  They always try to zero in on a portion of his ancestry that not only had no influence on his upbringing, but that he wasn't even aware of.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:36:40 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5763 on: July 04, 2015, 02:50:06 pm »
Random aside: but am I the only one that thinks Lenin pulled off the whole balding thing really well?  Most balding dudes, to me, look kinda...well, bad, but its hard to imagine Lenin without him being mostly bald.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5764 on: July 04, 2015, 02:56:22 pm »
Random aside: but am I the only one that thinks Lenin pulled off the whole balding thing really well?  Most balding dudes, to me, look kinda...well, bad, but its hard to imagine Lenin without him being mostly bald.

Teenage Lenin.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5765 on: July 04, 2015, 04:33:43 pm »
Is he like 14 or something in that image he looks way too...young for a teen.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5766 on: July 04, 2015, 04:38:36 pm »
Is he like 14 or something in that image he looks way too...young for a teen.

I grabbed it off Wikipedia and the caption said it was Lenin circa 1887. He was born in 1870 so he's probably 16 or 17.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5767 on: July 05, 2015, 01:25:35 am »
Looks like DiCaprio, circa 1990s.

Teen Lenin was kinda cute.

Very weird, I've seen photos of a number of guys from Churchill to Stalin to Strom Thurmond as youths/teens/early 20s....I'm like DAMN!

Future tubby, cigar-chomping Prime Minister.

Future oppressive Soviet psychopath.

Future ancient petrified mummy acting as a bigoted old Senator.

Sometimes, Father Time deserves a knuckle sandwich, I tell you.

Bellow....

....Future Austrian-German oppressive psychopath and mediocre painter.
GENOCIDAL EVIL SHOULDN'T START OFF SO ADORABLE! *ARGH!*

[Note: I am not putting Winston Churchill in the same boat as Josef "Kill Ukrainians" Stalin, Strom "Blacks are Icky" Thurmond or Adolf "Kill Jews" Hitler.]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:30:08 am by Barbarella »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5768 on: July 05, 2015, 01:35:51 am »
[Note: I am not putting Winston Churchill in the same boat as Josef "Kill Ukrainians" Stalin, Strom "Blacks are Icky" Thurmond or Adolf "Kill Jews" Hitler.]

Winston Churchill was a warmongering racist who is the beneficiary of one of the biggest whitewashing jobs in history. Being credited with beating Hitler will make people forget all the stupid shit you believed and did.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5769 on: July 05, 2015, 10:01:51 am »
Yeaaaaaaah...the crazy motherfucker was rearing and ready to go to war with Stalin before Hitler's corpse had even cooled off.  Ya know, after large swaths of the developed world (and large swaths of undeveloped places, as well) had been bombed to shit and Britain could barely find two adjacent buildings that hadn't been turned to rubble?  Churchill was, as dpareja pointed out, a warmongering psychopath.  Hell, that's one of the reasons he was all but thrown out of office: he was just too fucking blood-hungry.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5770 on: July 05, 2015, 10:20:08 am »
Yeaaaaaaah...the crazy motherfucker was rearing and ready to go to war with Stalin before Hitler's corpse had even cooled off.  Ya know, after large swaths of the developed world (and large swaths of undeveloped places, as well) had been bombed to shit and Britain could barely find two adjacent buildings that hadn't been turned to rubble?  Churchill was, as dpareja pointed out, a warmongering psychopath.  Hell, that's one of the reasons he was all but thrown out of office: he was just too fucking blood-hungry.

On the other hand, he was re-elected in 1950.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5771 on: July 05, 2015, 11:35:21 am »

Future oppressive Soviet psychopath.

Stupid sexy Stalin.

no but seriously I think I might have a crush on young Stalin, what the fuck
Σא

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5772 on: July 05, 2015, 12:08:17 pm »

He was, and then he left office shortly after Queen Elizabeth II was crowned. I think it was more voters kicking out Labour than electing the Conservatives that made him Prime Minister after that election.

And, as I noted, he was not only a warmonger, he was also a raging racist: look at Bengal in 1943, or his attitude toward Mohandas Gandhi.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5773 on: July 05, 2015, 03:58:35 pm »

Winston Churchill was a warmongering racist who is the beneficiary of one of the biggest whitewashing jobs in history. Being credited with beating Hitler will make people forget all the stupid shit you believed and did.

He was, and then he left office shortly after Queen Elizabeth II was crowned. I think it was more voters kicking out Labour than electing the Conservatives that made him Prime Minister after that election.

And, as I noted, he was not only a warmonger, he was also a raging racist: look at Bengal in 1943, or his attitude toward Mohandas Gandhi.

Wow! I had no idea. I knew he wasn't perfect and a jerk at times but I didn't know he was that bad!

I didn't learn a lot of World History in Social Studies class.....Stupid U.S. education!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5774 on: July 05, 2015, 04:05:04 pm »
I learned more in the time between getting net at the house in AR and my first girlfriend than I did in middle school and high school combined.  A non-existent social life and endless curiosity does wonders.