Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1599705 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #1035 on: May 27, 2012, 08:03:30 pm »

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1036 on: May 27, 2012, 10:02:27 pm »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1037 on: May 27, 2012, 11:26:14 pm »
Wow... I like that one.    I've never actually been to that cemetery but I'd like to.  People who've been there have told me it took their breath away.

Arlington? Do you know what it's built on?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1038 on: May 28, 2012, 03:14:44 am »
Freedman's Village.  Part of the cemetery anyway.  While that's unfortunate, it doesn't make the people represented there's lives any less meaningful. 
If history is taught, Freedman's Village will be remembered.  Its existence is not doomed to oblivion buried under slabs of marble.   Not yet, anyway.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1039 on: May 28, 2012, 03:25:25 am »
Didn't know that. Did know that even before the Village it was General Lee's massive Roman mansion. The Quartermaster General, Meigs (who had lost a son to Lee's army) was given the gig of finding a spot to bury all the corpses produced by the war. Blaming Lee for the length of the conflict, and noting Lee's justification of the war as a defence of his land*, he decided to build the cemetery on that very land. Which is, I think, apt.

*IMO a bullshit justification.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1040 on: May 28, 2012, 03:35:55 am »
 *I* didn't know that ^
We've become mutually enriched!  It's like education sex. 

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1041 on: May 28, 2012, 04:11:54 am »

Do you think if we didn't allow sweatshops, China would improve the working conditions for their citizens?

American companies threaten workers that if they do not accept benefit cuts, their jobs will go to Mexico. Mexicans are warned that if they do not accept cuts, their jobs will go to Honduras. Hondurans are intimidated that their jobs could go to Haiti. That is Haiti’s purpose. That is why living conditions in Haiti are not allowed to improve. This is essential to corporate profit, in the “free market system.”
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1042 on: May 28, 2012, 10:00:49 am »

Do you think if we didn't allow sweatshops, China would improve the working conditions for their citizens?

American companies threaten workers that if they do not accept benefit cuts, their jobs will go to Mexico. Mexicans are warned that if they do not accept cuts, their jobs will go to Honduras. Hondurans are intimidated that their jobs could go to Haiti. That is Haiti’s purpose. That is why living conditions in Haiti are not allowed to improve. This is essential to corporate profit, in the “free market system.”
Depends one alwys hard thing is Russia being as they buy and sell a lot of things yet is not a democracy. 

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1043 on: May 28, 2012, 03:30:21 pm »
I've been to Arlington. Virtually and in the flesh. It's... something.

I just got back from visiting a different veteran cemetery where my grandpa and grandma are.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #1044 on: May 28, 2012, 11:24:43 pm »
I may not vote next election either... wow.  I haven't really given much thought to that.
I don't know. Even if I'm stuck between bad and really bad, isn't it better to go with bad?

Hm... the old "Better the devil you know, then the devil you don't" strategy.  I may go with that... it's just a pity that only two parties have any chance in hell of candidates making it that far.
I would love to legitimately vote for a third party candidate that wasn't either incredibly naive or crazy. Haven't found one yet.

I have voted for Dennis Kucinich, though. That made me feel good.

EDIT:
I also wouldn't say "devil you know." I'm fine taking risks, but I know Romney well enough. I prefer calling it the "lesser of two evils" or "smaller pile of shit" principle. I always pick the smaller pile.

Except they're both equally large piles of shit.
Considering one cuts military spending and plays lip-service to me pet-social causes and the other wants to increase military spending and pay lip-service to other social causes, I can safely say I consider one pile of shit smaller than the other. It's still shit, just less clean up.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #1045 on: May 29, 2012, 02:13:02 pm »

Saturn500

« Reply #1046 on: May 29, 2012, 02:48:24 pm »
I think that's a repost.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #1047 on: May 30, 2012, 12:59:50 am »
Speaking of which, I recall a recent Mallard Fillmore comic strip about Obama talking about being the one responsible for killing Bin Laden.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1048 on: May 30, 2012, 01:40:15 am »
Speaking of which, I recall a recent Mallard Fillmore comic strip about Obama talking about being the one responsible for killing Bin Laden.
File that under worst especially since he really never brought it up that much

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #1049 on: May 30, 2012, 01:42:05 am »
File that under worst especially since he really never brought it up that much

File it under worst because Mallard Fillmore.
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"