Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462921 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #345 on: May 05, 2012, 09:37:07 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6m9-Dret0U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6m9-Dret0U</a>

*spittatke* What?

Hmmm... though I do like the idea a lot, Bethesda needs to be careful how they handle this or they could piss off a lot of their fanbase.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #346 on: May 05, 2012, 03:09:51 pm »
Too late. Already pissed off.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #347 on: May 05, 2012, 09:57:20 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6m9-Dret0U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6m9-Dret0U</a>

*spittatke* What?

Hmmm... though I do like the idea a lot, Bethesda needs to be careful how they handle this or they could piss off a lot of their fanbase.

Oh this is going to be one hilarious train wreck! Given the stability of any engine derived from gamebryo *cough*Creation*cough* those servers are going to go up and down faster than a martini shaken not stirred.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #348 on: May 06, 2012, 01:06:51 am »

*spittatke* What?

Oh please, the Elder Scrolls fanbase is almost as fickle as the Fallout fanbase.  The people who are going to bitch the most just want an online version of Morrowind or Daggerfall.  Oblivion and Skyrim are heretical because, unlike Morrowind, their combat engines aren't a pain in the ass.  In a RPG, that's a pretty fucking important thing to not screw the hell up.

I, for one, wanna see what they do with it.  With the new expansion for DDO slaked for June, I think it is, and Guild Wars 2 having recent beta exposure, we might be seeing a wave of MMOs (or expansions to MMOs) that are actually worth playing, for once.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #349 on: May 06, 2012, 02:45:26 am »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #350 on: May 06, 2012, 04:30:47 am »
I'm actually looking forward to it on concept, but the execution, being a complete theorycraft for people not actively working on the project, is still a mystery to me and as such I have no opinion on that yet.

I can say, though, that regardless of how good it is, there will be people bitching and whining about it.  Just like people bitch and whine about every new thing that comes out lately.  Because they build up their own personal hype so high that there is literally nothing that can be done to satisfy it.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #351 on: May 06, 2012, 05:04:21 am »
My Pokemon, Cuddles, is currently up to 90 wins in the Battle Hall.  Not bad for an odious little puffball, though I'm not sure how much longer she'll last.

Nevermind, got slaughtered in Match # 91.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #352 on: May 06, 2012, 09:30:12 am »
I'm actually looking forward to it on concept, but the execution, being a complete theorycraft for people not actively working on the project, is still a mystery to me and as such I have no opinion on that yet.

This.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Distind

« Reply #353 on: May 06, 2012, 11:27:20 am »

I can say, though, that regardless of how good it is, there will be people bitching and whining about it.  Just like people bitch and whine about every new thing that comes out lately.  Because they build up their own personal hype so high that there is literally nothing that can be done to satisfy it.
There's no way everyone will be happy with it, elder scrolls fans will want to walk the length of a continent, wow folk will want sparkly critters to mount, and the rest of people will want a game to actually play. But, given the sheer size of the existing universe for scrolls, they should have a solid base of content to build on.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #354 on: May 06, 2012, 11:30:20 am »
Well I do have a bit of news for you.  I know what type of engine it'll run on.  Hero according to Lordkat who was looking at specs on his stream.

Ironbite-take that for what you will.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #355 on: May 06, 2012, 01:11:18 pm »

I've seen people bitch about Thief II.  Ten years after its been released.  Apparently, robots are far less subtle than burricks, ape-men speaking the irritating Pagan dialect, or fucking Hammer haunts.  The enemies aren't supposed to be subtle, YOU ARE!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #356 on: May 06, 2012, 03:28:26 pm »
Well I do have a bit of news for you.  I know what type of engine it'll run on.  Hero according to Lordkat who was looking at specs on his stream.

Ironbite-take that for what you will.

I've heard about that, but I don't know anything about the Hero engine, so it's meaningless to me *shrug*

Unless someone would care to give examples...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #357 on: May 06, 2012, 07:33:02 pm »
I've started playing TF2 again.  Fun times.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #358 on: May 07, 2012, 05:38:17 am »
I've started playing TF2 again.  Fun times.

Erectin' a DOKTOR, Need a dispenser ON THE POINT, Kryyy sum muerde, huddahuddahuddahudda

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #359 on: May 07, 2012, 06:23:37 am »
The TES universe is of large enough scale that a MMO might work without raping the existing lore with a rusty spoon.

Screenshots and Art here
..and already sceptical. That didn't take long. This is a bit too colorful for my idea of Tamriel.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.