Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 828072 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4560 on: January 10, 2020, 12:05:22 am »
That's lovely Ravy, always good to have some family healing. Even if it doesn't all pan out. I'm having the opposite experience at the moment, cauterising some old family wounds and opening others etc.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4561 on: January 10, 2020, 11:17:38 pm »
It's extremely good that your uncle is making some kind of effort. And good on him for not falling for the Trump thing. I remember him talking a whole lot about how he was going to help the people suffering with opiate addictions but I've yet to hear anything about him taking the steps that would be necessary to do so, likely because he doesn't actually give a fuck.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4562 on: January 11, 2020, 05:39:07 pm »
Aye, my uncle's always had a pretty good head for people; though, he does admittedly have a blind spot for his kids and his mom, which I can't really fault him for that.  Also, Davey, sometimes that shit's necessary.  You don't gotta keep toxic, shitty people in your life just because you happen to share some circumstantial genetic shit.  Hell, I share plenty of genes with chimps, but you won't see me having a beer with one.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4563 on: January 12, 2020, 04:30:11 am »
Thanks Rav, yeah I have some toxic stuff in my life that I can't cut out but there are other ones which I've decided can be severed immediately. Now that I'm 40 I'm too old for this shit.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4564 on: January 12, 2020, 09:15:22 am »
Ya can't decide your relations, but you can decide who your family is.  That's why I pruned a few branches off mine, lol.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #4565 on: February 15, 2020, 01:08:36 pm »
I had a really nice date last night, and now I'm gonna go see the Sonic movie with my kids.
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4566 on: March 30, 2020, 12:25:57 pm »
Holy shit, you know what's good?  Get some toast (made of homemade bread, preferably), spread some tomato paste on, pepper it, squeeze some mayo on, add cojack cheese, then fried egg, then some sriracha mayo.  Season that egg with some salt, pepper, ranch powder, red pepper, garlic and onion powder, and chopped wild green onion.  It was honestly friggin incredible.  Why I never thought to use ranch powder on eggs til now is beyond me, but now, I can't imagine eggs without it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4567 on: April 23, 2020, 02:02:10 pm »
Fuck me, its been a while.  Technically, this was...about a week and a half ago?  But, I finally knuckled down and went full Binging with Babish, making some katsudon pirozhki from Yuri on Ice because fuck it, I'm home and happy now, might as well make some deep fried dough pockets full of rice, pork, onion, egg, and broth.

It took four fucking hours, but in the words of Boris: Blin, it was good.  Even though I fucked up and forgot to season the pork before breading it.

So damn good, in fact, that I plan on using the last two chops we got to make more katsudon (minus the pirozhki part, four hours is a LONG fucking time), tomorrow.  Hopefully, this time, I'll remember to season the fucking pork before breading it!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4568 on: April 24, 2020, 04:21:13 pm »
Ravy...why wouldn't you season any type of meat before you bread it?  That's basics.

Ironbite-I give it 2 gay figure skaters....out of 5.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4569 on: April 25, 2020, 01:52:43 pm »
Ravy...why wouldn't you season any type of meat before you bread it?  That's basics.

Ironbite-I give it 2 gay figure skaters....out of 5.

Hey, I was doing, like, five things at once, at the time.  Didn't have enough katsudon for all the dough, so I threw together some ground chicken and mushroom, as well.  Between that, keeping an eye on the dough, the broth, the rice, keeping the cats away...it was a busy afternoon.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4570 on: May 18, 2020, 04:45:53 pm »
Aced my bio midterm, while not perfect I was near the top of the class (the top was someone who got like... 147 out of 160, I wasn't too far behind)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4571 on: May 20, 2020, 08:50:16 pm »
Ya haven't known true culinary love til you've made your own mayo.  Eggs, sunflower oil, teeny bit of strong mustard, salt, sugar, and white vinegar.  Pop it into a food processor and keep adding oil as it runs til you get the consistency you want.  Normally, I quite enjoy mayo, but the shit I've whipped up on my own is fucktacular.  I could eat that shit on its own.  Its rich, got just the right amount of zip, a touch of saltiness and sweetness, that littlest hint of mustardy flavour, and a richness that coats your tongue, puts on some Barry White, and straight fucks your taste buds like a god damned professional.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4572 on: May 21, 2020, 02:54:01 am »
Walnut oil makes good mayo too, adds just a touch of earthiness.

You can now make aoili or wasabi mayo too.

What are you going to eat with that mayo? I know it probably isn't sufficiently classy to go with home made mayo but you could slather it on chicken nuggets

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4573 on: May 21, 2020, 07:09:46 am »
I'd eat this on damn near anything.  Or by itself, like Boris.  I'm legitimately addicted to it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4574 on: October 17, 2020, 04:11:41 pm »
Fuck da po-lice.

I made some whole wheat bread, sans sugar.  Put in some ground caraway seeds, garlic powder, rosemary, and thyme.  Other than that?  Just flour, water, yeast, and salt.  The crust ended up a little harder than I wanted and it was a bit dense (might have worked it too long in the mixer), but damn is it a good, savoury bread.  I already kinda wanna make some more, lol.